Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Teleport Bronze with ARA

Teleport Bronze with ARA
giantmike
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 12, 2001, 01:56 PM

I have tried, unsucsessfully, to get my old teleport bronze fax/modem to connect to the internet via Apple Remote Access. I have done tried all different kinds of settings, modem scripts, creating my own scripts, etc, but to no avail. I was just wondering if anyone has been able to get this tandem to play well together. I know it's only a 2400 bps modem, but all it would be used for would be email, and text only web surfing.

If you need it (it really doesn't make a difference, it's the modem conflicting with the software), the system's I have tried it on are a IIsi running MacOS 7.5.5, A Performa 6115 Cd running MacOS 8.6, and a G3 500 MHz runnings MacOS 8.6

Thanks for any input.

------------------
The Mac Information Depot. Why go anywhere else?
Giantmike's Website - Version 5.0

druber
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 12, 2001, 05:18 PM

is that the modem that also daisy-chains onto the keyboard adb plug? wow, there's some memories. the oldest modem i currently have set up is a gv gold (14.4), and it's still one of the choices in the modem cp, so setting it up was a breeze. i only ever used freeppp with my teleport bronze, and that was on sys7.1. i'd sure expect to be compatible with 7.5.5...

not much help, sorry. you could probably pick up a gv gold for ~$10 on ebay or buy asking for one in the buy/sell forum. i think you'll be amazed at how slowly a 2400 is if you haven't used one in a while. i remember how slow it was to text surf or d/l email through my alma mater's vax system. oh agony....
Help find a cure for Malaria: crunch D2OL for Team Macnn.

giantmike  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 12, 2001, 11:40 PM

I know it would be horribly slow, but I think it would just be fun to make it work Oh, and yep, that's the one that draws power from an ADB port. I don't really need it, but it's a neat little project trying to get such an antique modem on the net

------------------
The Mac Information Depot. Why go anywhere else?
Giantmike's Website - Version 5.0

Forum Links
Forum Rules