Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Where's the news?!?

Where's the news?!?
Sinemacula
Forum Regular
May 22, 2001, 11:23 AM

Ah... hello... excuse me, but is this not supposed to be a Mac news site? It's after 8am PDT, and no update? I've been visiting MacNN almost everyday as my first site of the day (have it set as my home page), for the last year or so. But what's the point if there's no update? The redesign I can live with, the lack of news I can't. I suppose I'll give you new (NF) guys a chance to learn how things should be done around here (my brief reading of some of the other threads indicates you've already been getting some hard lessons from a number of the less restrained members here) - however, whatever you choose to do with the layout, if the update problem isn't fixed, you've just lost another regular visitor.

Sinemac
MacBook Pro 2.4GHz; 4GB RAM; 23" Cinema Display
iPhone
Mac OS X 10.5.4

PBG4 User
Senior User
May 22, 2001, 11:27 AM

Sinemacula,

You beat me to the punch. I was just gonna post on this, but had to refresh the front page to make sure I wasn't looking at a cached version or something.

I've been used to coming to MacNN at roughly 7:30am EST daily for my Mac news fix. It is now 11:30am EST, and all I see is nothing for today.

Where's the beef?
20" iMac G5! :D AND MacBook 1.83GHz!
Canon Digital Rebel Kit + 75 - 300mm lens. Yum Yum! :D
Check out my OS X Musical Scales program

Raman
Mac Elite
May 22, 2001, 11:35 AM

<history lesson>
you guys do realize that NN means "No News" - well that's what the nn stood for in the newsreader for unix program that bearing the name "nn"
</history lesson>

-raman

flwombat
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 22, 2001, 11:41 AM

This is sooooo true. I have been coming to MacNN daily - several times daily - for over 3 years. Usually it's the first thing I do after I make my coffee, and there's always something up at that time (6:40 a.m. central). I can't cope with this utter lack. I'm hoping that this is just because things are in flux for MacNN right now, and it will be back to normal soon. If not, I'm outta here.

Kay Autic
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 22, 2001, 11:47 AM

I've mostly lurked for 3 years now, rarely post, but visit every day. I'vew learned a great deal and have gotten out of some jams as well with the help of the forums. MacNN was the first site that I was introduced to when I was introduced to my first mac (March '99). I loved the way the news was presented in easy-to-read fashion without the entire article and I loved the comments thing too.

Now, the font is too small to scan while scrolling, the colors are not conducive to scanning easily, and the layout does not flow at all.

Now the reason that I will not visit MacNN for news:

NO FRIGGIN NEWS

damn man--it's almost 11am (CST) and nothing, nada, no update.

Thanks, but it's easier to go somewhere else for the news and get aquainted with their reader-friendly layout than to try the "wait and see" approach while NFN responds to reader feedback and does or does not incorporate the suggestions.

HeatMiser
Mac Enthusiast
May 22, 2001, 11:51 AM

Originally posted by flwombat:
This is sooooo true. I have been coming to MacNN daily - several times daily - for over 3 years.
Wow, another Iowa City resident. Our little burg might end up having the best MacNN Forums representation -- per capita -- of any city in the world!

------------------
I am the harsh nemesis of all that is unclean!
I am the harsh nemesis of all that is unclean!

Sinemacula  (op)
Forum Regular
May 22, 2001, 11:53 AM

Well, finally, some news has been posted. But the first posting at of the day comes at 11:45 EST and is the morning's final edition? And with only two stories? C'mon, I've been over to other Mac-centric news sites today, and there's more going on than that!

Sinemac
MacBook Pro 2.4GHz; 4GB RAM; 23" Cinema Display
iPhone
Mac OS X 10.5.4

foobars
Mac Elite
May 22, 2001, 11:57 AM

4 stories?

Take a look at MacCentral right now...

Forum Links
Forum Rules