Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > MS Pulled the Entourage Conduit - Anyone got a copy?

MS Pulled the Entourage Conduit - Anyone got a copy?
Loert
Jul 20, 2002, 08:24 PM

Check this out. MS pulled their most recently posted<a href="http://www.microsoft.com/mac/DOWNLOAD/OFFICEX/palmsync.asp" target="_blank">entourage conduit</a> .

I really haven't heard alot of negative things about it. Does it suck? I just bought a USB connectivity kit for my palm V specifically for the newly released conduit. MS's page says it's investigating technical issues.

Anyone have a copy they can post so I can at least try it out? Thanks.

Loert

Simon X
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 20, 2002, 08:52 PM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by Loert:
<strong>Check this out. MS pulled their most recently posted<a href="http://www.microsoft.com/mac/DOWNLOAD/OFFICEX/palmsync.asp" target="_blank">entourage conduit</a> .

I really haven't heard alot of negative things about it. Does it suck? I just bought a USB connectivity kit for my palm V specifically for the newly released conduit. MS's page says it's investigating technical issues.

Anyone have a copy they can post so I can at least try it out? Thanks.

Loert</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Check your email

Update: Your email is playing up as my email bounced back, both attempts. I tried. Wait a fe days for MS to put it back online. Bummer I know.

<small>[ 07-20-2002, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: Simon X ]</small>

Loert  (op)
Jul 20, 2002, 09:43 PM

Damn. Just changed email addresses. Could you try this one if you don't mind?: [email protected]

Thanks a bunch.

Loert

Loert  (op)
Jul 20, 2002, 11:21 PM

Simon - I got the email - Thank you Sir!

Chimpmaster
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 22, 2002, 08:55 AM

Remember that Eudora is an option while entourage is down.

<a href="http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/email_chat/eudora.html" target="_blank">http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/email_chat/eudora.html</a>

Then go to the Eudora site and download the conduit - great alternative.
MacBook Alu, 13", 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 256MB video
G5 Imac, 17", 1.9Ghz, 1.5GB RAM, 128MB video, built in isight, airport and bluetooth
Indigo iBook, 366mhz; 320MB RAM; CD; FW; Airport

kcmac
Mac Elite
Jul 22, 2002, 10:26 AM

Why would you want a copy of something that they pulled? I would suggest you go to Macintouch and look at some of the postings there. MS pulled it for many good reasons. If you don't have a good backup, don't try it.

With all of the trash that MS threw out during Macworld, it didn't take long for Karma to bite them in the arse. Do they even test their stuff first or did they just push out Entourage to try and make a schedule?

Looks like they corrupted a lot of folks information. I will be waiting for iSync. If it works, I won't need Entourage. I'll go with Mail, the AddressBook and iCal. Probably won't even need Palm Desktop anymore.

Forum Links
Forum Rules