Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > OMNIWEB and Helpers (e.g. iTunes for MP3)

OMNIWEB and Helpers (e.g. iTunes for MP3)
bluehz
Dedicated MacNNer
May 12, 2001, 05:21 PM

How do you go about setting up helper apps in OMNIWEB like you can do in IE and Netscrape. For example I am trying to listen to a radio station off of Live365 and am well aware of how to setup the browser for the MIME types...but I can find no method or hack to do this in Omniweb. clicking on the link in Omniweb does nothing.

kentt
May 12, 2001, 06:25 PM

ditto, but I'm trying to figure out how to get OmniWeb to launch RealPlayer

Jim Paradise
Mac Elite
May 12, 2001, 10:19 PM

I'd like to see QuickTime movies play in OmniWeb rather than downloading to my hardrive?

Jim Paradise
Mac Elite
May 12, 2001, 10:20 PM

And for that matter, I'd like a shockwave player for OS X! Not just flash! I mean, I dig shockwave and flash, but what use is Flash to me if I can't even log into a place like shockwave.com

Ah well.

kman42
Professional Poster
May 13, 2001, 01:26 AM

I would love to launch real player. At the moment it is very difficult to listen to baseball games while in X.

kman

bluehz  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 13, 2001, 05:26 AM

I would thing that somewhere (in the pkg or in a pref) that Omniweb has a list of understood MIME types. IMHO all we need to do is fidn that list and we can modify it. I have looked briefly and I can't seem to locate it. Any one else know where it is?

kman42
Professional Poster
May 13, 2001, 11:58 AM

Maybe this should be put in third party apps. The Omni guys are usually pretty good about responding, but maybe they stick mainly to the third party apps forums since Omniweb certainly qualifies as such.

kman

Forum Links
Forum Rules