Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Apple retail stores

Apple retail stores
tobster
Senior User
Jan 8, 2001, 01:44 AM

Can anyone explain for me what an apple retail store is. Since english is not my first language I think the lack of understanding is somewhat due to that.
Also after the great definiition!!! could you tell me what retail stores will mean for the average mac user?
Greatly appreciated.

Tobbi

the siren
Jan 8, 2001, 03:48 AM

Apple retail stores would basically be a venue for apple to showoff thier computer, in an exclusive apple store, ie not compusa or fry's. You would be able to buy macs right from the store, rather thatn online from that apple store online. you will probably bea able to get bto orders there to. its a nice way to be able to talk to an apple employee about the purchase before buying, rather thatn talking to the rather clueless compusa emplyee. hope this helps.

i'm hoping they will build one near me.

can't wait for macworld sf, its so close i can taste it.

darcybaston
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 8, 2001, 08:07 PM

I'd love to have an Apple retail experience. If it wasn't for the internet, and alot of tutoring and public speeches of my own to resellers...I would have never obtained this great iMac DVSE!

Then again, I did get buy for 7 years with my Amiga 1200 without ever seeing a retail outlet or reseller either.

The joys of having lived in Northern Ontario where American atlases claim the tundra begins hehe.

Without degressing any further: An Apple retail store would be a space where you would walk into a 'shop' like environment where your concerns and needs in technology could be addressed by people who know how to use Apple's technology to make you leave with a box, a lower bank account and a giant smile on your face.

At least if it was run by me hehe.

Darcy
Macbook (white glossy) 2.16GHz | 4GB RAM | 7200RPM HD | 10.5.x

Forum Links
Forum Rules