Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Bye.

Bye.
tooki
Admin Emeritus
Apr 25, 2002, 11:17 PM

rickyirvine
Apr 25, 2002, 11:54 PM

goodbye.
jesus loves you and jesus loves me too

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 26, 2002, 12:11 AM

If you're leaving, I don't blame you. I'd leave, too.

7Macfreak
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 26, 2002, 01:00 AM

i'm not gonna say more, but that's too bad for the powerbook forums at least.

Ozmodiar
Mac Elite
Apr 26, 2002, 01:09 AM

Where is he going? And why don't you blame him?

I'll miss you tooki

PeteWK
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 26, 2002, 01:25 AM

Me thinks this is in part due to financial reality. If the traffic at the site goes down because people are voting with their trackpads, then the admin has to take a long walk off a short plank regardless of his quality or the righteousness of his position.

PeteWK

RWoelk
Senior User
Apr 26, 2002, 02:17 AM

So it is true... I'm completely disgusted, and I am sorry for you, Tooki. I try stay out of all this childish bickering because I neither have the time nor the patience for the boorish participant$ that brought this about, but this is beyond the pale. macnn(lowercase) has just lost and ENORMOUS amount of my respect and has been doing for some time by "not" allowing those charged with keeping some semblance of decorum around here enforced. I applaud you for your patience and for trying.

Go home, get some rest and be satisfied you did your best and then come back and give' em hell!

Take good care.

Dennis the Phantom Menace
Forum Regular
Apr 26, 2002, 03:53 AM

Bye.

Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 26, 2002, 03:56 AM

is this all about your dispute with ca$h? don't walk away from it fight !
You've got supporters as well

[ 04-26-2002: Message edited by: � ]
T E K N O

Dan Szwarc
Senior User
Apr 26, 2002, 07:16 AM

WTF?
Dan
"I guarantee that I am correct."
(not a guarantee)

gumby5647
Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2002, 10:11 AM

say hi to Misha and Wlonh
AIM: bmichel5581
MacBook 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB RAM
160GB

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 26, 2002, 10:25 AM

Don't let $ome child run you off the forums!
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

scottiB
Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2002, 11:57 AM

Take care, man.
I am stupidest when I try to be funny.

uberden
Forum Regular
Apr 26, 2002, 12:15 PM

tooki.... Bye man. Wish you could stay. Dude.

tooki  (op)
Admin Emeritus
Apr 26, 2002, 01:52 PM

I am very angry that one admin - ONE - decided that he was going to try the "let's give in to Ca$h" strategy, against most of the mod/admin team's wishes, and then de-adminned me because I was getting too "personally involved" or so he thought. What angers me more, though, is that nobody else on the mod/admin team will speak out against this, since it basically means that we don't have a team, we have one admin and his minions.

It's also too bad that the pro-ca$h kiddies are much more vocal than the anti-ca$h members, so aforementioned admin decided that the majority of members wanted him back, and wanted me gone.

It's a shame, but after 3 years of this (yes, I've been a moderator here longer than anyone else still here, together with Oscar), I feel betrayed by the admin team, and I'm not sure that I want to help out MacNN, even though I love helping people with their Macs and would be sorry to leave you.

Well, as it goes here in this country: No good deed shall go unpunished!

tooki

Camera God
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 26, 2002, 04:18 PM

That is some messed up crap, man. Ca$h is a moron. I guess that we all should have contributed to those worthless couple of threads in the lounge. It just goes to show you that whoever speaks out tends to get their way. Like my brother saying he does not want to go somewhere for dinner, but back in the day my parents listened to him. Just a little off topic...must get sleep....

RWoelk
Senior User
Apr 26, 2002, 05:08 PM

Maybe it's not too late. Take a look at how this was handled.
http://forums.macnn.com/cgi-bin/ulti...c&f=8&t=000689

SO WHY IS IT WE, YOUR SUBSCRIBERSHIP, YEAR AFTER YEAR...HAVE TO PUT UP WITH CERTAIN manCHILD PARTICIPANT($) WHOSE ONLY PURPOSE IS TO WREAK HAVOC AND OFFEND PEOPLE AND GROUPS AND CONTRIBUTES NOTHING, AND I MEAN NOTHING TO THESE FORUMS, CAUSING WELL MEANING ADMIN AND MODS TO LEAVE????
[ 04-26-2002: Message edited by: RWoelk ]

PeteWK
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 27, 2002, 01:19 AM

I would agree that Ca$h is two cards short of a deck. But that's exactly why he should have been tolerated in the first place. In this type of community, the whole is only as good as it's tolerance for the worst disenter. In America we have a country that protects the very individuals who want to stamp us out.

It's sounds crazy but the fact that our system protects them is what makes us the greatest country on the face of the earth.

PeteWK

Fyre4ce
Mac Elite
Apr 27, 2002, 02:04 AM

The previous poster is correct. For better or worse, our society gives everyone a voice. That's why there are "hate" groups on my campus that are allowwed to exist by the university for the same reason that, say, a jewish student organization is allowed to exist. And personally, while I find Ca$h to be tactless, I do not think he should be banned on these grounds. He does add some positive things to the forums here, and he's not being blatantly malicious.
Fyre4ce

Let it burn.

RWoelk
Senior User
Apr 27, 2002, 02:36 AM

If this were city hall or the public square, I would agree with you, but it's NOT! As subscribers we all agreed to a set of rules and if we continually breech them then by god we should have Admins and Mods that have the testicular fortitude to enforce them by removing the childish bores. I mean, my god� a decent Admin here trying to do his or her job has to put up with the label "TookiFag$" BECAUSE of a few vocal BOORISH children, AND what would appear to be some very left leaning "powers that be" here who refuse to make this a welcome place for rest of us who happily live within the agreed upon rules. These are the same liberal people who likely raise their kids to think they can do no wrong, while there precious little uncorrected offspring rain ruin in our public schools, vandalizing, name calling and assaulting teachers and their peers in the name of simple adolescent free expression and speech. Give me a break!

We'll see how it goes, but I'm within a hairs breath of leaving these forums PERMANENTLY with a standing invitation for those of you who might agree to consider doing the same. As a conservative straight, I resent the Gay bashing the French bashing and the deluge of personal attacks on people etcetera, etcetera

Posting for me may be over, but I'll be watching and if the crap outlined above continues and in doing so, consider beginning my own campaign to encourage my Gay and French friends or whatever the group dejour maybe to join here just long enough to voice their OWN CREATIVE opinions with the few narrow-minded bigots here as well the attending Mods and Admins.

And I can tell you, knowing some of my friends as I do, that "when it comes to the battle of wits gentlemen; you are unarmed!" ~G. Gordon Liddy.

[ 04-27-2002: Message edited by: RWoelk ]

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Apr 27, 2002, 03:11 AM

Ca$h should be thrown out and banned. He has caused more sh!t around here than is worth mentioning and the fact that his nonsense is causing a moderator to step down is plain stupid.
He has contributed nothing to this board. His topics are inane and insulting to anyone with a shred of intelligence. Not one of his posts have been productive with helping someone on a problem relating to a Mac. Sure he can discuss cars but there are forums at Road and Track for that.

This is the kind of townie white trash that kept to his side of Madison away from UW and we were all the happy to seem them stay there. I am sorry that you are a casualty in this because you did your job and were not a fan of this moron.

I have one thing to say to whom ever was the lone dissenter that led to your situation.. nice job f*ck up!

[ 04-27-2002: Message edited by: Captain Obvious ]

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

nana2
Senior User
Apr 27, 2002, 05:38 AM

Hmm I guess MacNN will miss all the money that you "subscribers" pay to access this site. What, we don't have to pay? It's free? Then STFU and if you don't like it go away and cry somewhere else.

C33
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 27, 2002, 12:17 PM

don't go tooki.

concerning previous posts and our rights. we should have the right to filter out those whom we don't lend credence to.

is it possible for an addition to be made that will allow us to filter out the posts of those we don't want to put up with?

of course that ca$h creep continues to make up new identities but still, it would allow us to ignore any further posts under that identity. if there were, say, an ignore button beside someones name.

just a thought.

Cipher13
Apr 27, 2002, 01:01 PM

Good riddance.

Everyone in this thread: If you knew what the real deal was, you wouldn't be saying what you are.

Tooki: Get lost already. Your time is up.

Brian Mathieu
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 27, 2002, 01:06 PM

Sounds like tough luch, tooki. They might as well have just nailed you to a cross, huh? You were a true saint, tooki.

mismith
Apr 27, 2002, 01:13 PM

Originally posted by Cipher13:
<STRONG>
Everyone in this thread: If you knew what the real deal was, you wouldn't be saying what you are.</STRONG>
Sounds like a bunch of crap.

Why don't YOU straighten us out then?

Cipher13
Apr 27, 2002, 01:17 PM

Originally posted by mismith:
<STRONG>

Sounds like a bunch of crap.

Why don't YOU straighten us out then?</STRONG>
I don't care what it sounds like, and nor is it my place to straighten you out.

The people who know, know.

I know. Cash knows. Others know.

Tooki knows.

I don't care if you know it or not, or if you like it or not.
That's just how it is.

tinrib
Mac Elite
Apr 27, 2002, 01:20 PM

Originally posted by rickyirvine:
<STRONG>goodbye.</STRONG>

your sig man...

are you being serious?

tinrib
Mac Elite
Apr 27, 2002, 01:23 PM

Originally posted by tooki:
<STRONG>I am very angry that one admin - ONE - decided that he was going to try the "let's give in to Ca$h" strategy, against most of the mod/admin team's wishes, and then de-adminned me because I was getting too "personally involved" or so he thought. What angers me more, though, is that nobody else on the mod/admin team will speak out against this, since it basically means that we don't have a team, we have one admin and his minions.

It's also too bad that the pro-ca$h kiddies are much more vocal than the anti-ca$h members, so aforementioned admin decided that the majority of members wanted him back, and wanted me gone.

It's a shame, but after 3 years of this (yes, I've been a moderator here longer than anyone else still here, together with Oscar), I feel betrayed by the admin team, and I'm not sure that I want to help out MacNN, even though I love helping people with their Macs and would be sorry to leave you.

Well, as it goes here in this country: No good deed shall go unpunished!

tooki</STRONG>
tell us then, which admin?

Timo
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2002, 01:34 PM

<STRONG>

Tooki knows.

That's just how it is.</STRONG>

I for one prefer tooki's reasoned explanations to your cryptic innuendos. Why are you still crowing about this? Why not just lay off? If you helped get the Big Bad Authoritarian to leave, why sit up here and tell all the rest of us post-count peasants "that's just how it is"? Man, you sound an awful lot like the authoritarians you rail against.

More wearying than any foul-languaged ca$h post is your insider, AIM-fuelled assertions of how you and ten other select people are the only ones who "really" know.

Give it a rest.

Cipher13
Apr 27, 2002, 01:41 PM

Originally posted by Timo:
<STRONG>

I for one prefer tooki's reasoned explanations to your cryptic innuendos. Why are you still crowing about this? Why not just lay off? If you helped get the Big Bad Authoritarian to leave, why sit up here and tell all the rest of us post-count peasants "that's just how it is"? Man, you sound an awful lot like the authoritarians you rail against.

More wearying than any foul-languaged ca$h post is your insider, AIM-fuelled assertions of how you and ten other select people are the only ones who "really" know.

Give it a rest.</STRONG>
Okay, now that's uncalled for.
A question was asked, and I answered as completely as I'm going to.

Your assumptions are inaccurate; and I'm insulted by the fact that you think I care the slightest bit about post counts . Knock me back to zero and I wouldn't give a **** .

Insider, AIM fuelled assertions? The select few? Gimme a break. That's just stupid. The only reason that I do know the deal is because I've been here since it started; and I've known Ca$h off-forum since then. I've spoken to wlonh, cash, tooki, and so forth off-forum (AIM).

Your insinuation of an "inner sanctum" is garbage... paranoid garbage. Get over it.

If you don't know what happened, don't make a decision based on what you DO know. Normally, sure. Not in a case like this.

Timo
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2002, 02:28 PM

Okay, now that's uncalled for.
A question was asked, and I answered as completely as I'm going to.
Yes, you keep telling us what you're going to or not going to do.

Your assumptions are inaccurate; and I'm insulted by the fact that you think I care the slightest bit about post counts . Knock me back to zero and I wouldn't give a **** .
What are my assumptions? That you and ten other people have repeatedly told the rest of us that only y'all have access to insider knowledge and the rest of us should therefore not comment? That's not an assumption, that's the substance of one of your posts.

Oh, and I do think you protest a bit much about the post count thing...I didn't say I think you care about the post count thing. Why would I? What I did say was that it looks like to me that the "post-count peasants" are being told what to think from the likes of you.

...but BOT: I for one resent the idea that you should tell me what to comment on. Aren't you always telling us how no one's going to restrict your expression? I have my own opinion of this whole saga, and I don't need you telling me or anyone else that their opinion is less valid.

Insider, AIM fuelled assertions? The select few? Gimme a break. That's just stupid. The only reason that I do know the deal is because I've been here since it started; and I've known Ca$h off-forum since then. I've spoken to wlonh, cash, tooki, and so forth off-forum (AIM).
One could also point out that only reason you have the inside skinny on these problems is because you're emeshed in them. Everytime there was a complain about tooki you zoomed in to tell us how bad he is. He's never been rude, insulting, disparaging or obnoxious to me, or to a lot of other people on these fora. THAT IS ENOUGH for me to have an opinion about him. As you might say, "Deal with it."

Your insinuation of an "inner sanctum" is garbage... paranoid garbage. Get over it.
Nowhere did I write "inner sanctum." Paranoid would imply there was something to care about, and I don't care about your particular membership in any cliques. What does interest me is that, in my opinion, a level-headed moderator is leaving, and some foul-mouthed children are staying. You may call that progress, but I see it very differently.

If you don't know what happened, don't make a decision based on what you DO know. Normally, sure. Not in a case like this.
Great. I'll just wait for the blue light from m'lord, letting me know when it's OK to speak on something. He will tell me whether in this "case" is OK for me to comment on or not.

Look, you don't see the hypocracy in your own posts, do you?

RWoelk
Senior User
Apr 27, 2002, 02:43 PM

Very well said, Timo! Now where are the rest of you pencil neck lizards? How about lending your support to the injustice done to Tooki.

[ 04-27-2002: Message edited by: RWoelk ]

Phanguye
Mac Elite
Apr 27, 2002, 02:43 PM

jesus... who would have thought the collective attention span of macnn would have lasted so long... give it a rest we will see what happens then we can decide if it was a good call

MikeM32
Banned
Location: &quot;Joisey&quot; Home of the &quot;Guido&quot; and chicks with &quot;Big Hair&quot;
Apr 27, 2002, 03:12 PM

This situation reminds me of my old job. I still don't know whether I was "wrong" for getting too personally involved with a conflict of ethics with my previous boss or not, but in the end everyone (in power anyway) was on "her side" so it didn't matter despite the amount of "bending over backwards" I did for management, my co-workers and the company as a whole. Best job I ever had (until that happenned) and after 4 1/2 yrs it all went down the toilet in a few months, just because I "rocked the boat" a bit

I'm still not sure what "lesson" I should have "learned" from that whole experience. I guess I could either actually care about work and therefor take it personally, or just collect my paycheck and take the "I don't give a sh_t" mentality. After that experience I'm trying hard not to lean towards the "it's just a job" mentality, but it really feels like that's the lesson I should have learned. Like tooki said it almost feels like "no good deed goes un-punished".

The hypocricy in my situation is that I told my boss (basically and politely) that her sh_t stinks, and she didn't like hearing it. If the shoe were on the other foot though that would have been "okay". Despite the fact that I actually amassed 10 times the knowledge and capability she had in half the time, she still "won".

Looking back though I think I did do the right thing and that I was no more "guilty" for criticizing her than she was for the way she dealt with it. I have to stick to my work ethic even if it means throwing a great job down the crapper by pissing someone off a bit. I did come out of the situation with a greater sense of "humility" however, which I think I needed.

In this situation (at least from my perspective) Ca$h and tooki were both right and also both wrong. In the end the "powers that be" make the decision as to who is right or wrong and there's little that can be done about it, so it's not worth beating yourself up over it. Go rent the movie "Crimson Tide" one of the best movies on this sort of situation IMHO. Sometimes the end result isn't as "grey" as it was in this film however, and you just have to tell yourself that you did what you know was right.

Mike

tooki  (op)
Admin Emeritus
Apr 27, 2002, 03:24 PM

Originally posted by tinrib:
<STRONG>
tell us then, which admin?</STRONG>
I was never told: I received an email from Parallax, written in the second-person plural ("we") informing me of the decisions, and then came this thread, which pretty much sums up what happened from my point of view.

What it doesn't mention is that I did have an argument with Parallax the night before about dealing with ca$h, but he and I left it at "we're not getting anywhere, talk to the other admins" (not an actual quote, but a paraphrase).

tooki

[Clarification: I never emailed you, bud. Though I did chat with you that night. Also, 'we' is first person plural.]

- parallax

[ 04-28-2002: Message edited by: parallax ]

Mac Zealot
Professional Poster
Apr 27, 2002, 04:08 PM

Tooki will you please just STFU, and accept the fact it's over with already?!?!?!?!!?

In a realm beyond site, the sky shines gold, not blue, there the Triforce's might makes mortal dreams come true.

climber
Mac Elite
Apr 27, 2002, 04:15 PM

The moderators "in control" this forum could not have handled this situation any worse. They should be embarrassed.

The simple a fact is that Ca$h has recently acted like a spoiled two year old having raging tantrum. And the powers at be have acted just as childish. In no way can anyone intelligently argue, that Ca$h had earned his readmission to this forum with his original name. Give me a break.
climber

climber
Mac Elite
Apr 27, 2002, 04:21 PM

Originally posted by Mac Zealot:
<STRONG>Tooki will you please just STFU, and accept the fact it's over with already?!?!?!?!!?

</STRONG>
I see you want to act like two year old as well.. Keep it the good work..

by the way it is not "over allready" The decisions may have been made, but the repercussions have not even started
climber

Immortal K-Mart Employee
Mac Elite
Apr 27, 2002, 04:25 PM

<STRONG>

Tooki knows.

That's just how it is.</STRONG>
If you aren't going to tell us the whole story then don't tell us no to talk about it. You swoop in tell us to shutup because only YOU and a few others know what is going on then say it is not your place to tell the story.

Gimmie a break

{v2.3 Now Jesus free}
Religions are like farts: yours is good, the others always stink.

nana2
Senior User
Apr 27, 2002, 06:25 PM

Well I wanted to say this in the Tyrannical mods thread but it was locked:

Wlonh was a retard. He thought TNproud2b was hacking the forums because TN posted a screenshot of a thread wlonh had deleted (AFAIK). wlonh could not work out what was going on lol.

Ca$h68
Banned
Apr 27, 2002, 07:48 PM

Hrm. So. Lets see here, you said 'bye'. Like you were leaving. Why are you still posting then? Please, do go.

But. I'd like to express my thoughts on this situation. First off, I didn't FIGHT for tooki to leave, I was ticked because he was treating me unfairly, and abusing his administrative powers. Now, did I want him gone? No. What I really wanted was for HIM to leave me the hell alone. He has a personal vendetta against me, and I asked to have a restraining order on Tooki; so he couldn't ban ME, and do things to my posts. All the other admins would be fully able to do so, but since its obvious that he can't control his own actions with the abilities he had, I wanted him away from me. Now I see he's been nudered for being a bad admin. Do I care? No. Not really. Tooki, you've screwed me over a few times, and I'm not wishing you to be screwed back, but frankly I think it is rather funny.

Also, its rather humorous that you guys have to refer to me without using my screenname, just putitng the little $ symbol in various insults. You guys are pretty pathetic. And.... the scary thing is we probably have a LOT more in common than you think.

The only question I have is: Is tooki gone yet?

- Ca$h

PS: G Gordon Liddy rocks.

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2002, 08:00 PM

Good grief.

Can't this ultra-PATHETIC, petty, babified, bullcrap be left to the lounge?

el lindo
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 27, 2002, 08:19 PM

Good call, CRASH. This is no place for stupid arguements.

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2002, 08:33 PM

Originally posted by el lindo:
<STRONG>Good call, CRASH. This is no place for stupid arguements.</STRONG>
In fact, shouldn't this thread go to the lounge, too?

tinrib
Mac Elite
Apr 27, 2002, 08:44 PM

Originally posted by tooki:
<STRONG>

I was never told: I received an email from Parallax, written in the second-person plural ("we") informing me of the decisions, and then came this thread, which pretty much sums up what happened from my point of view.

What it doesn't mention is that I did have an argument with Parallax the night before about dealing with ca$h, but he and I left it at "we're not getting anywhere, talk to the other admins" (not an actual quote, but a paraphrase).

tooki</STRONG>
I'm sorry - I must stop posting drunk late on Saturday nights. I didn't mean to give the impression that I give a f**k.

Phanguye
Mac Elite
Apr 27, 2002, 10:50 PM

goood god... this is why you arent fit for being a mod... this isnt a daytime soap... just leave it alone

phang

I say we come from chaos... let us return to chaos

weee anarchy

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 27, 2002, 11:29 PM

Well, this has gone on long enough- It's really meta-related to PowerBook Hardware, more than being about PowerBook Hardware.

To the lounge...
If this post is in the Lounge forum, it is likely to be my own opinion, and not representative of the position of MacNN.com.

el lindo
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 27, 2002, 11:34 PM

Thanks vmarks.

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2002, 11:36 PM

Yeah. It wasn't related to PowerBooks at all.

Forum Links
Forum Rules