Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > iBook Vs Ca$h

iBook Vs Ca$h
Ca$h68
Banned
Jul 16, 2002, 04:19 PM

iBook posted:

What Ca$h68 really meant to say about his Neon:
I want 20 inch wheels with 595/20 tires and a 6 inch drop!! It looks PHAT and it makes the car turn good and accelerate fast. I also ordered chrome trim, ventvisors so big I can't open my doors without having the window down, a top fuel wing, 1% tint on my windshield, a big girlie sticker for the back window, a windshield banner that is just as sarcastic as I am, a ebernui kit, a 10 inch chrome tip, a racing knob for my shifter to make the car look faster, and a stereo so loud that all my windows break, all the bolts fall out of the car, I go deaf, and it interferes with the PCM so much that every time the lights flicker from my bass, the car stalls because the computer don't know what the heck is going on. That would be PHAT!!

K. Not only have I read that exact same description before (which means you obviously didn't use your brain when coming up with an insult), its completley and totally untrue. I have 16" wheels. I don't have 17s or 18s like all the riceboys. With 16s you can still get pretty big rubber under there, have good response, and the ride quality isn't total ass. My car is NOT lowered, I do own some coilovers that I'll install on my next neon (an acr), I DESPISE stick on chrome trim bullshit, I hate spoilers on any form of FWD car, none of my windows are tinted nor will they ever be tinted, I think bodykits do nothing except slow you down (weight, drag) and attract thieves and cops, so I'm never getting one, my exhaust is a factory DOHC muffler, my shifter is stock except for some polyurthane bushings on the shift mechanism itself and the bushings that attach to the transmission (to get cleaner and tighter shifts), my stereo is loud but its clean, I've replaced every speaker in the car and have a 4 channel amplifier and I do NOT have a subwoofer, so it sounds great.

So. Any retort from iBook?

- Ca$h

ajprice
Professional Poster
Jul 16, 2002, 04:27 PM

Hells B*ll*cks Ca$h, this could have gone in the Neons thread WHERE IT BELONGS!

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

Ca$h68  (op)
Banned
Jul 16, 2002, 04:30 PM

Quit posting, this is between us two. I just want a public spotlight so my superior automotive knowledge can kick his ass for all to see.

- Ca$h

iBook
Jul 16, 2002, 04:54 PM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by Ca$h68:
<strong>iBook posted:

What Ca$h68 really meant to say about his Neon:
I want 20 inch wheels with 595/20 tires and a 6 inch drop!! It looks PHAT and it makes the car turn good and accelerate fast. I also ordered chrome trim, ventvisors so big I can't open my doors without having the window down, a top fuel wing, 1% tint on my windshield, a big girlie sticker for the back window, a windshield banner that is just as sarcastic as I am, a ebernui kit, a 10 inch chrome tip, a racing knob for my shifter to make the car look faster, and a stereo so loud that all my windows break, all the bolts fall out of the car, I go deaf, and it interferes with the PCM so much that every time the lights flicker from my bass, the car stalls because the computer don't know what the heck is going on. That would be PHAT!!

K. Not only have I read that exact same description before (which means you obviously didn't use your brain when coming up with an insult), its completley and totally untrue. I have 16" wheels. I don't have 17s or 18s like all the riceboys. With 16s you can still get pretty big rubber under there, have good response, and the ride quality isn't total ass. My car is NOT lowered, I do own some coilovers that I'll install on my next neon (an acr), I DESPISE stick on chrome trim bullshit, I hate spoilers on any form of FWD car, none of my windows are tinted nor will they ever be tinted, I think bodykits do nothing except slow you down (weight, drag) and attract thieves and cops, so I'm never getting one, my exhaust is a factory DOHC muffler, my shifter is stock except for some polyurthane bushings on the shift mechanism itself and the bushings that attach to the transmission (to get cleaner and tighter shifts), my stereo is loud but its clean, I've replaced every speaker in the car and have a 4 channel amplifier and I do NOT have a subwoofer, so it sounds great.

So. Any retort from iBook?

- Ca$h</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">That's funny. Doesn't take much to get Ca$h68 going! hehe. I can see my work here is done.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by Ca$h68:
<strong>Quit posting, this is between us two. I just want a public spotlight so my superior automotive knowledge can kick his ass for all to see.

- Ca$h</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Superior automotive knowledge. hehe. Um yeah, uh huh? I have been around some of the fastest drag race cars in the country my whole life. I know what flies and what doesn't. I also know that with the right work you can make any street car go fast!

Ever heard of a Gary Gokey? Happens to race a 1987 Dodge Omni in BF Stock Class (was AF Stock) which means there are certain guidelines as to what can be done to the motor. He holds record times with this car, though it may not sound good to you he runs a real 14 seconds 1/4 mile (I am being honest with his times rather than what most people do and say they have a 10 second car that runs 13's on the race track) being a record holder and all 14 seconds is pretty damn good for being a basically stock Omni. The class is so strict that he even has to leave most of the interior in tact, has all original seats, dash, carpet, everything! If he took that hsit out, he would be under weight and that would disqualify him. Seriously though, I would like to see a stock Neon run 14's at 5,280ft above sea level. Even the 2002 R/T with 190hp can't do that! His Omni has so much power he has to put a 200lb lead canister in the front of the car to keep the wheels planted. My main point here is that in the 90's and today, they just don't make the cool fast cars that they used to. I mean, would it kill dodge to at least turbo charge something? I can see why there aren't Turbo Neons since Dodge doesn't market the neon as a sports car, but I would like to see a Turbo Stratus RT or something.

iBook
Jul 16, 2002, 05:08 PM

Also kinda funny how Ca$h68 has a 10 second Neon that would actually do 13's at the track.

But really Ca$h, talk to me what can I do to make you realize you can do better than a Neon? Really!

I admit Neons handle pretty well for its class, but what fun is that if you ain't got no power? Sure, I can take a turn at 60MPH, but it takes me like an hour to get to 60MPH type stuff. Why not just go buy a used say 97 or so Camaro with a 350, then you can go fast and handle well, or a mustang, a 2400lb car+a 5.0l V8=FUN FUN FUN! My friends mustang could out run anything on the road with nothing more than a cold air intake, and true dual exhaust.

Ca$h68  (op)
Banned
Jul 16, 2002, 05:11 PM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by iBook:
<strong>Ever heard of a Gary Gokey? Happens to race a 1987 Dodge Omni in BF Stock Class (was AF Stock) which means there are certain guidelines as to what can be done to the motor. He holds record times with this car, though it may not sound good to you he runs a real 14 seconds 1/4 mile (I am being honest with his times rather than what most people do and say they have a 10 second car that runs 13's on the race track) being a record holder and all 14 seconds is pretty damn good for being a basically stock Omni..</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">It is. Omni GLHS's are great cars in fact. If you tweak the boost up a little bit they're pretty freaking quick. I've always kept my eye out for one, with a bit of work a Chrysler Lebaron GLC turbo engine will drop into the Omni, netting you a 12-13 second car on street tires that gets 30mpg. Mmmmmmmmmm.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif"><strong>The class is so strict that he even has to leave most of the interior in tact, has all original seats, dash, carpet, everything! If he took that hsit out, he would be under weight and that would disqualify him. Seriously though, I would like to see a stock Neon run 14's at 5,280ft above sea level..</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Stock neons don't run 14s.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif"><strong>Even the 2002 R/T with 190hp can't do that! ..</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">R/Ts only have 150hp. Perhaps you were referring to the yet to be produced dodge SRT-4? That thing has over 200hp.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif"><strong>His Omni has so much power he has to put a 200lb lead canister in the front of the car to keep the wheels planted. My main point here is that in the 90's and today, they just don't make the cool fast cars that they used to.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">But Omni's were cool and fast?

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif"><strong>I mean, would it kill dodge to at least turbo charge something? I can see why there aren't Turbo Neons since Dodge doesn't market the neon as a sports car, but I would like to see a Turbo Stratus RT or something.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">They ARE making a turbo neon, called the SRT-4 from PVO (performance vehicle operations), a special performance offshoot by dodge. You didn't even know that?!

- Ca$h

Ca$h68  (op)
Banned
Jul 16, 2002, 05:29 PM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by iBook:
<strong>Also kinda funny how Ca$h68 has a 10 second Neon that would actually do 13's at the track..</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">When have I ever claimed my car is a 10 second car? When have I ever even claimed 13s? My car is stock, and stock neons do anywhere from 15.5s to 17s.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif"><strong>But really Ca$h, talk to me what can I do to make you realize you can do better than a Neon? Really!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Find another reliable easy to maintain low cost car with low cost parts and a low insurance rates. For their price I think they're unbeatable.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif"><strong>I admit Neons handle pretty well for its class, but what fun is that if you ain't got no power? Sure, I can take a turn at 60MPH, but it takes me like an hour to get to 60MPH type stuff.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">They handle well REGARDLESS of what class you put them in. A 1st gen R/T with a few mods will hang right with modified M3s in the corners. And 0-60 on a neon is only 7 seconds or so. With a 2.4 swap, it'll be much less...

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif"><strong>Why not just go buy a used say 97 or so Camaro with a 350, then you can go fast and handle well, or a mustang, a 2400lb car+a 5.0l V8=FUN FUN FUN! My friends mustang could out run anything on the road with nothing more than a cold air intake, and true dual exhaust.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Thats way more expensive than a neon. Course, if you meant used, they still have bad qualities. EXTREMELY high insurance, bad mpg, and the parts are more expensive.

That all you got?

- Ca$h

iBook
Jul 16, 2002, 05:39 PM

Actually the Neon does not come close to 14 seconds.
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif"> Not only does Neon pack a real punch from 0-60 mph, it keeps right on going up -- moving from 50 to 70 mph in 5.1 seconds and covering the quarter mile distance from a standstill in 16.9 seconds. These results are better than all Neon's principal competitors. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Try 16.9. Dont beleive me? See this <a href="http://www.allpar.com/neon/neondrv.html" target="_blank">http://www.allpar.com/neon/neondrv.html</a>

Ca$h68  (op)
Banned
Jul 16, 2002, 05:41 PM

Thats great. I've seen a stock R/T (1st gen) with some really light wheels and slicks pull a 15.8 at union grove last year. Depends on tires/wheels/humidity/temp/etc etc etc.

The point is they aren't slugs, and they're cheap. And you've been owned in this thread thus far. Have anything else?

- Ca$h

Ca$h68  (op)
Banned
Jul 16, 2002, 05:44 PM

<strong>Actually the Neon does not come close to 14 seconds.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Are you pulling this information out of your ass? When did I mention 14 seconds?

- Ca$h

iBook
Jul 16, 2002, 05:49 PM

<strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">R/Ts only have 150hp. Perhaps you were referring to the yet to be produced dodge SRT-4? That thing has over 200hp.

But Omni's were cool and fast?

They ARE making a turbo neon, called the SRT-4 from PVO (performance vehicle operations), a special performance offshoot by dodge. You didn't even know that?!

- Ca$h</strong>[/QUOTE]

Sorry I was thinking of the Stratus R/T which has 190HP. Omni's were cooler and faster in their time then Neons are in their time. And I DID know about the SRT-4, but that is not out until next year, so to date Dodge has not made a turbo Neon.

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Jul 16, 2002, 05:56 PM

Coffee break...

Ca$h68  (op)
Banned
Jul 16, 2002, 06:00 PM

<strong>Sorry I was thinking of the Stratus R/T which has 190HP. Omni's were cooler and faster in their time then Neons are in their time. And I DID know about the SRT-4, but that is not out until next year, so to date Dodge has not made a turbo Neon.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">uh huh....

- Ca$h

Raman
Mac Elite
Jul 16, 2002, 06:03 PM

Regardless of what you put on it, it's still a stupid Dodge Neon!

Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 16, 2002, 06:10 PM

I think it's funny.

Ca$h68 reminds me of Cliff Yablonski. I love that site

Just a stubborn old bastard, stuck within his thoughts and prejudice. Learn to love it. A forum without Ca$h would be half as funny. We all know the Neon sucks. Just don't mention it out loud.
T E K N O

Ca$h68  (op)
Banned
Jul 17, 2002, 09:00 AM

Ca$h: 6

iBook: ZERO.

- Ca$h

iBook
Jul 17, 2002, 03:53 PM

<strong>Ca$h: 6

iBook: ZERO.

- Ca$h</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Overinflated self esteem:

iBook: Zero

Ca$h: 10

Creating an iBook vs. Ca$h thread=Dumbass!

M�lum
Mac Elite
Jul 17, 2002, 04:04 PM

iBook=ca$h
Ca$h=iBook

iBook
Jul 17, 2002, 04:17 PM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by M�lum:
<strong>iBook=ca$h
Ca$h=iBook</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Umm... I DONT think so. How dare you compare me to Ca$h! Look at my registration date. I have lurked for quite a while, but Ca$h started me talking.

Ca$h68  (op)
Banned
Jul 17, 2002, 05:05 PM

How dare you compare me to iBook. And I didn't start him talking, he posted something stupid and annoyed me, so I got him back.

- Ca$h

iBook
Jul 17, 2002, 05:37 PM

<strong>How dare you compare me to iBook. And I didn't start him talking, he posted something stupid and annoyed me, so I got him back.

- Ca$h</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Posted something stupid? Everything You post is stupid.

Ca$h68  (op)
Banned
Jul 18, 2002, 10:10 AM

Ooo a cunning retort. Why not bless me with your vast automotive misinfromation?

- Ca$h

Forum Links
Forum Rules