Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Please help!

Please help!
MACALEX
Feb 13, 2002, 02:03 PM

I've got some wierd problem, when I type ssh, to open security shell terminal tells me: OpenSSL version mismatch. Built against 90581f, you have 90602f. How to deal with that? Looks like I did something and this something changed version of OpenSSL, or what is that? Anyone had the same problem?

Camelot
Mac Elite
Feb 13, 2002, 07:28 PM

Presumably you've downloaded and compiled a newer version of SSH.

The ssh you're running when you run ssh at the command line is different from the other ssh libraries installed on your machine, hence the version mismatch error.

Perform a search for all copies of 'ssh' on your machine (find / -name ssh -print) to determine which is the latest version. Chances are you just installed one in /usr/bin/ssh but your $PATH picks up the version in /usr/local/bin/ssh

Remove the old version, or change your $PATH so that the more recent version is found first.

Oh, and use a more descriptive title on your next post. 'please help' doesn't give ANYONE a clue as to the topic - using 'SSH version mismatch error' as your topic would have found you a solution much quicker.
Gods don't kill people - people with Gods kill people.

rantweasel
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 13, 2002, 07:42 PM

Originally posted by MACALEX:
<STRONG>I've got some wierd problem, when I type ssh, to open security shell terminal tells me: OpenSSL version mismatch. Built against 90581f, you have 90602f. How to deal with that? Looks like I did something and this something changed version of OpenSSL, or what is that? Anyone had the same problem?</STRONG>
Did you upgrade either OpenSSH or OpenSSL? If you did upgrade OpenSSH, did you make sure to use the correct OpenSSL libraries for the version of Mac OS X that you are running? If you are using 10.1.2, you need to make sure that you use OpenSSL 0.9.6b libraries.

MACALEX  (op)
Feb 13, 2002, 07:55 PM

All what I did for the past two days is installed Squid 2.3 and dnetc for Darwin. I didn't touch any SSL or SSH things, but maybe when I installed Squid it's happend. Well, anyways, now I'll compare all versions. Thanks.

mrtew
Professional Poster
Feb 13, 2002, 10:03 PM

I love threads with great subject lines. Makes searching so much easier! Someday everyone will ignore stuff like this!

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

MACALEX  (op)
Feb 13, 2002, 11:46 PM

Originally posted by John Tewksbury:
<STRONG>I love threads with great subject lines. Makes searching so much easier! Someday everyone will ignore stuff like this!</STRONG>
I suppose in Michigan you ignore people just because, and if someday you'll have an emergency and you'll scream help, nobody will help you.
Pardon me for the subject!

Forum Links
Forum Rules