Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Mail App Goes Offline

Mail App Goes Offline
VerdeSpider
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 18, 2002, 11:14 AM

I am running OSX 10.1.5 on a TiPB 500 and connected to the via Airport and Cable Modem. Also have a MacSense router in mix. Not sure when this started happening, maybe after 10.1.5 install... The Mail App will eventually just go 'offline' and AOL will lose connection. I am not sure what is causing what, AOL was my first guess as the cause of the problem, but since Mail is going offline as well, I am beginning to wonder... The problem persists using the GM version of AOL and the Beta.

any ideas?

snerdini
Senior User
Aug 18, 2002, 11:18 AM

Not sure, but my Mac.com account often goes offline, even though I'm on a cable modem. Most of the time I've noticed it offline is when I wake my computer from sleep, so I'm sure that has to do with it losing the connection.

But sometimes it will just go offline for apparently no reason....I'm guessing it's a bug.

mattyd
Senior User
Aug 18, 2002, 11:20 AM

Originally posted by VerdeSpider:
I am running OSX 10.1.5 on a TiPB 500 and connected to the via Airport and Cable Modem. Also have a MacSense router in mix. Not sure when this started happening, maybe after 10.1.5 install... The Mail App will eventually just go 'offline' and AOL will lose connection. I am not sure what is causing what, AOL was my first guess as the cause of the problem, but since Mail is going offline as well, I am beginning to wonder... The problem persists using the GM version of AOL and the Beta.

any ideas?
same thing happened to me. turns out it was my airport connection that was the problem. my base station acts flaky sometimes (and i've already had to have it replaced once).

VerdeSpider  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 18, 2002, 11:28 AM

thanks ... this is only my 5th Airport Base Station. For some reason Apple can't get me one that works. I should have been concerned when the first one didn't work out of the box. The Base Station was the main reason I purchased the Apple protection plan to cover it, so I guess I'll 'wire up' and see if the problem goes away - then give 'em a call.

Thanks!

Forum Links
Forum Rules