Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iTunes: Cannot add to Library

iTunes: Cannot add to Library
LordJavac
Forum Regular
Aug 22, 2002, 06:18 PM

I'm trying to add some MP3s to my iTunes library, but it doesn't take them. I've tried dragging the MP3s to a playlist, to the library and using the "Add to Library..." menu item. The icon of the MP3s is correct (so they're associated). I even tried removing some MP3s and tried to add them again and that failed. Imported (from CD) songs show up normally.

iKevin
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 22, 2002, 08:31 PM

I keep getting an error in iTunes3 when I try to add them...error -48 or something like that.

MrBS
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 22, 2002, 09:42 PM

Go to your library folder and make sure you have write access. Make sure there is disk space.
If both those answers are yes, check ownership/group/permissions of the mp3s you are trying to add with the terminal.
~BS

LordJavac  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 26, 2002, 07:29 PM

Originally posted by MrBS:
Go to your library folder and make sure you have write access. Make sure there is disk space.
If both those answers are yes, check ownership/group/permissions of the mp3s you are trying to add with the terminal.
~BS
I'm not trying to add them from the Terminal, I'm trying to drag-and-drop them into the Library from the Finder. I can create new playlists, so I assume I can write to the Library. Also all of these files are underneath my home directory. These are MP3s that I ripped with iTunes a while ago and had removed from the Library when I rebuilt it, but I can no longer add anything to the Library.

Forum Links
Forum Rules