Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > iBook mouse system setting question....

iBook mouse system setting question....
Footy
Mac Elite
Aug 25, 2002, 11:25 PM

Hello,

I've added a mouse to my wifes iBook and have set in the system settings for the trackpad to be inactive when a mouse is connected. However, the track pad is still active when the mouse it connected. The mouse is attached through a four port USB hub becuase my wife iBook only have one USB port and I want the printer to be attached at the same time.

Could it be that the mouse it connected through the hub or is it an OS10.2 issue? I'll try that tomorrow.

Footy  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 26, 2002, 09:46 PM

Nope, didn't make a differance hooking it up directly into the USB socket. Hmm? Oh well, not a big deal. Just wondered if anyone else noticed this.

Thank You

whodisbe
Aug 27, 2002, 01:56 AM

I just tried the mouse setting (trackpad off when a mouse is plugged in) with my iBook 500 dual usb, and a logitech optical mouse, and it worked fine. I also tried with my friends apple optical mouse and that worked as well.

its a long shot, but maybe its the brand of mouse you are using?

joltguy
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 27, 2002, 11:56 AM

Originally posted by whodisbe:

its a long shot, but maybe its the brand of mouse you are using?
I'm using an Apple Pro Mouse (optical/Snow) plugged directly into my iBook 600, and this setting does not work for me either. The trackpad works no matter what I do or which USB port I use. Like Footy said, not a big deal but it would be nice to have it work as expected.

Footy  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 27, 2002, 12:44 PM

Well it is an Apple Pro mouse on a iBook SE 366. Got to figure if anyones mouse works it would be one of Apple's own.

It was not connected when Jag was installed, not that it should matter.

Forum Links
Forum Rules