Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Serenity!!!

Serenity!!! (Page 2)
Dork.
Professional Poster
Oct 7, 2005, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by jhogarty
Going to see it tomorrow. One thing I've noticed from the previews is the lack of shot of Kaylee or Book. Are they in the movie? While all the woman on the show are attractive, Kaylee just seems to catch my eye.

J.
Kaylee is definitely prominent in the movie. Book is in the movie too, although in more of a supporting role (i.e. not on the ship!).

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 7, 2005, 11:12 AM

Kaylee is in the movie quite a bit but Book barely has any screentime at all. The movie pretty much focuses on Mal and River. most of the other characters take a backstage.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

ghporter
Administrator
Oct 7, 2005, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by ort888
Kaylee is in the movie quite a bit but Book barely has any screentime at all. The movie pretty much focuses on Mal and River. most of the other characters take a backstage.
Zoe is really critical to the story-I wouldn't say she takes a back seat at all. Jayne is big in the story too. I like the scene from the trailer: "Do you want to run this boat?" "Yes." "Well....you can't!"

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

jhogarty
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 8, 2005, 10:40 PM

Finally saw it. Great movie! Only upset about one part, but won't spoil it for others who haven't seen yet. I would really love to see this come back as a tv series. Maybe SciFi could pick it up and we have new Firefly at 7, the Stargates, and BSG. Oh what a glorious Friday night it could be. :-)

J.
Converted 4/29/05
G5 20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 1 Gig Ram
G5 Dual 2.5Ghz Power Mac, X800 XT, 2.5 Gig Ram, 23" ACD
G4 Mac Mini 1.5GHz, 512MB Ram, 64MB VRam, Int. Modem
MacBook Pro 2.00GHz, X1600-256MB, 2.0 Gig Ram, 100GB 7200RPM HD, USB Modem

Uncle Skeleton  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 9, 2005, 12:38 AM

rumor has it that Fox still owns the TV rights and isn't likely to give them up (even though they don't seem likely to use them). I'm hopeful for a few more movies, but failing that maybe direct-to-dvd movies. I wonder if you could just start releasing DVD movies that happen to divide nicely into 45 minute chunks, and have 10 of them come out at once....that wouldn't make it a TV show would it?

DeathMan
Mac Elite
Oct 9, 2005, 01:38 AM

Making more would more likely ruin the series. Have we learned nothing from Starwars?

The reavers haven't been around for *that* long, so most likely their not very organized beyond "don't kill your own" sort of like the smokers on the only movie Eug will buy on HD DVD. (Which movie was also based on the works of Shakespeare, I might add.)

torsoboy
Mac Elite
Oct 9, 2005, 03:27 AM

I think the smokers weren't at all the same.. they were organized quite a bit. They had shops and leaders and goals and things like that. Those reavers seamed just like blood crazy monsters.

For those of you saying that there wasn't much violence in this movie, I'm wondering if you got the watered down version or something. When I watched it, there was lots and lots of violence. Way more than I was expecting.

I thought the trailer looked pretty ho-hum, but people at work made it sound so good that I went. I thought it was okay, but nothing super. Maybe I will have to see it again though... sometimes movies are better the second time around.

DeathMan
Mac Elite
Oct 9, 2005, 02:54 PM

To me it seems like the smokers were just basically hanging on, trying to keep their machines patched together, and just using up their resources, waiting for the end, which is how I saw the reavers. I guess the smokers did have leadership and stuff, though. I'm not sure the reavers had anything like that. They were just killing everyone.

Forum Links
Forum Rules