Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > New iPod's to be delivered by Friday

New iPod's to be delivered by Friday (Page 2)
spaced
Forum Regular
May 2, 2003, 12:32 PM

Well, I got screwed. It was shipped ground and won't be here today.

What the **** is wrong with Apple? They said Friday, I want it Friday.

bemayo
Forum Regular
May 2, 2003, 01:38 PM

Originally posted by spaced:
Well, I got screwed. It was shipped ground and won't be here today.

What the **** is wrong with Apple? They said Friday, I want it Friday.
I understand your frustration, as I am in the same boat. However, I have to say that based on the time mine was shipped, they really pulled some long hours to try and get these things out. I don't know what happened with the ground scenario, but even though mine shows ground and is going from PA to NC, the estimated delivery date is still Monday. For the carrier, this would be considered "overnight", it just didn't get to them fast enough to be considered shipped on Thursday. Having worked at a catalog company in the past, I can understand the difficulties involved, and am willing to cut them a break. Of course, I will be requesting my expedited shipping charges back...
Bill Mayo
Picking Apples Since '87
IIgs | IIsi | Performa 630/6300 | G3/266 | G4/533x2 | G5/2Gx2 | MacBook 1.83

fwah
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 2, 2003, 06:51 PM

Same thing happened to me...It ended up going UPS ground for some reason. Oddly enough, it is in transit and expected to be delivered today. Not likely.

So much for "Friday Afternoon!"

I'll have to substitute this box of candy cigarettes for my 15GB iPod over the weekend...
I'm the operator of my pocket
calculator.

kidtexas
Grizzled Veteran
May 2, 2003, 07:18 PM

Just got off the phone with UPS. Apparently, my iPod wasn't actually picked up from the shipping location until today... one day delivery means delivery on Monday. I then called Apple and the rep told me that they tried to get all of the iPods out by Thursday so they could be delivered on Friday, but ran into some difficulties, hence the delay.

bemayo
Forum Regular
May 5, 2003, 04:50 PM

All smiles here...mine arrived today! I called Apple over the weekend, and they were apologetic. I would suggest that if you paid for shipping that you might politely request a refund.
Bill Mayo
Picking Apples Since '87
IIgs | IIsi | Performa 630/6300 | G3/266 | G4/533x2 | G5/2Gx2 | MacBook 1.83

Forum Links
Forum Rules