Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > SO . . . who's got REVOLUTIONS tickets?

SO . . . who's got REVOLUTIONS tickets? (Page 2)
THE MAC GOD  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 27, 2003, 12:49 AM

Some interesting things to read up on RELOADED (Points out cool things like most of the license plates in the movie are bible verses)...

1) Probably the longest and most in-depth... DEFINITELY a read everyone who saw it should perlustrate (You will need your Architect-mindset for this one):
Click on the building . . .

2) A great quick review of the movie with some in-depth items:
Corporate MOFO

3) Great little nuances from the movies, such as THomas A. Anderson is broken down into (Thomas Aquinas) and Anderson is broken down into Son of Man:
Movie Facts

Great reads whether you liked the second one or not!

All as artificial as the Matrix itself, although only a human mind could invent something as insipid as Love.

fireside
Professional Poster
Oct 27, 2003, 12:49 AM

Originally posted by Landos Mustache:
Better question, why do you care why I care?

See, vicious cycle.
i just am frustrated on how you expect everyone to respect others opinions then you go on and on about how you hate matrix 2 and want everyone to agree with you

THE MAC GOD  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 27, 2003, 12:52 AM

Jeeze... you guys sound like you are in the matrix...

You are not here to care... you've already made that choice... you are here to understand why you made the choice to care.. or not... (ow.. my head)

Better question, why do you care why I care?

See, vicious cycle.

All as artificial as the Matrix itself, although only a human mind could invent something as insipid as Love.

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Location: Partying down with the Ewoks, after I nuked the Death Star!
Oct 27, 2003, 12:54 AM

Originally posted by fireside:
i just am frustrated on how you expect everyone to respect others opinions then you go on and on about how you hate matrix 2 and want everyone to agree with you
I don't want you or anyone else to agree with me. I just give my reasons for feeling the way I do about it. Tell me I am wrong and that the story is totally cool and the 3D neo's look realistic. Even my sister could figure out it was 3d and she doesn't know jack about that sort of thing.

"Hello, what have we here?

Xeo
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 27, 2003, 01:44 AM

Originally posted by THE MAC GOD:
Look... This reminds me of when I go and post for help on the PC boards. I, being a Mac person, who whole heartedly enjoys the Mac experience, asks one simple question... and instead of getting my question answered, I get nothing but "MACS SUCK" and "I HATE MACS and MAC USERS".
You must go to the wrong boards, then. The PC boards I visit for help have never insulted me for being a Mac user, even though I mention it while asking the question. I've always just gotten an answer.

designbc
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 27, 2003, 09:57 AM

I don't want you or anyone else to agree with me. I just give my reasons for feeling the way I do about it. Tell me I am wrong and that the story is totally cool and the 3D neo's look realistic. Even my sister could figure out it was 3d and she doesn't know jack about that sort of thing.
Ok, Landos,you didn't like Reloaded, you won't see Revolutions. You've already made your point. Now you are repeating yourself. Now let the ones who will see it make theirs.
I was fascinated by The Matrix. I saw Reloaded the Night before it's release and was sure it wasn't as good as the first one. Then, a couple of months later I went to see it on IMax with wife. I loved it this time and she (never saw it before) loved it from the first moment, even though she was expecting not to like it. I think the expectation was too high. I also think the orgy-sex scene is too long. They could have cut some minutes in the whole movie. But it didn't suck.
We watched again yesterday on DVD and I fell each time I like it more.
(Out of topic, Monica Bellucci is so HOT!!!)

And yes, I'll be there on the 5th.
There is no spoon

Angus_D
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 27, 2003, 10:34 AM

Originally posted by OwlBoy:
Its lame that you think that was Smith...
I do apologise for not studying the movie in detail on a daily basis so I can recall exact scene details on demand. Anyway, you know what I mean.

THE MAC GOD  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 27, 2003, 11:48 AM

No, he was pointing out the lack of casual observation that probably led to you not liking RELOADED... Smith wasn't even close to that PART of the movie... the next time you see him is right at the end before the door of light...

Originally posted by Angus_D:
I do apologise for not studying the movie in detail on a daily basis so I can recall exact scene details on demand. Anyway, you know what I mean.

Xeo
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 27, 2003, 12:18 PM

3) Great little nuances from the movies, such as THomas A. Anderson is broken down into (Thomas Aquinas) and Anderson is broken down into Son of Man:
Movie Facts
No mention of Buddhism at all. You'd think it would at least touch on the possibility that Neo becomes enlightened and returns to teach others (show them the truth).

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Oct 27, 2003, 12:20 PM

No, he was pointing out the lack of casual observation that probably led to you not liking RELOADED... Smith wasn't even close to that PART of the movie... the next time you see him is right at the end before the door of light...
Maybe you have it backwards. Maybe he can't be bothered to remember irrelevant details of the movie because he doesn't find that movie to be worth remember small things about.

It's just a movie, get over it.

THE MAC GOD  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 27, 2003, 02:17 PM

Yeah... and Mac's are just computers... why argue about them either? Jeeze.. thought you would understand that as a Mac person...

THE MAC GOD  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 27, 2003, 02:18 PM

No, I agree... took from many philosophies... but mostly from Christianity...

Originally posted by Xeo:
No mention of Buddhism at all. You'd think it would at least touch on the possibility that Neo becomes enlightened and returns to teach others (show them the truth).

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Oct 27, 2003, 02:46 PM

Yeah... and Mac's are just computers... why argue about them either? Jeeze.. thought you would understand that as a Mac person...
Macs are just computers. I happen to prefer the Mac OS to any of the other OSes that I've tried. Again, it doesn't bother me if someone else prefers Windows or Linux (as most of the people I know do).

daydreamer
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 27, 2003, 03:08 PM

heh, it didn't seem like the best CGI to me, the creators of smeagol would have done a better job

fireside
Professional Poster
Oct 27, 2003, 03:44 PM

Originally posted by nonhuman:
Maybe you have it backwards. Maybe he can't be bothered to remember irrelevant details of the movie because he doesn't find that movie to be worth remember small things about.

It's just a movie, get over it.
besides the fact that this really isnt a small thing since Smith isnt an agent anymore. you have to be pretty stupid to not know that that wasnt smith. that agent and smith have totally different body builds, and hell, you even saw a close up of his face before he got on the car. that and smith was no where in that whole thing.

THE MAC GOD  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 27, 2003, 05:09 PM

Thanks Fireside... It's always fun to read people who argue things that aren't even true... and thanks to Fireside for pointing that out.

willed
Professional Poster
Oct 27, 2003, 05:19 PM

besides the fact that this really isnt a small thing since Smith isnt an agent anymore. you have to be pretty stupid to not know that that wasnt smith. that agent and smith have totally different body builds, and hell, you even saw a close up of his face before he got on the car. that and smith was no where in that whole thing.

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Oct 27, 2003, 05:21 PM

I watched the movie once, over the summer. All I remember is that there was a guy dressed as an agent jumping on the hood of a car on the freeway causing the car to be smashed. If I cared to spend the time to actually think about the plot of the movie you're right, it would be obvious that this wasn't Smith. However, since the point of the post was the use of computer graphics, it is completely irrelevant who it was who was jumping on the car. The original poster probably just remembered "agent-looking guy" so automatically said Smith without actually thinking about it, because Agent Smith is a name that most people are very familiar with in relation to the Matrix series.

What I was saying was that, rather than getting all hung up on pointless details (pointless to the discussion at hand regardless of their importance within the plot of the movie) it would be more productive to just address the actual points of a post instead of starting a tangential argument. Hence my comment "it's just a movie, get over it", as in, stop concerning yourself with being completely faithful to the movie itself and use your brain to discuss what's relevant.

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Oct 27, 2003, 05:44 PM

Wow, it seems that nobody but the fanboy with the Matrix signature actually liked the second movie. I knew I wasn't the only one.

willed
Professional Poster
Oct 27, 2003, 05:48 PM

Wow, it seems that nobody but the fanboy with the Matrix signature actually liked the second movie. I knew I wasn't the only one.
well done you. Have a lollipop.

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Oct 27, 2003, 05:50 PM

Originally posted by willed:
well done you. Have a lollipop.
Only if it is green.. You know, like the matrix, that would be sooo cool!

THE MAC GOD  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 27, 2003, 07:03 PM

So... I'm guessing that no one looked at that stuff I put up... Hmm... wish you would read it and then tell me what you thought...

Angus_D
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 27, 2003, 07:55 PM

Actually, I know all this, and I was paying closer attention when I was watching the movie. The problem is that I wasn't really paying much attention when I wrote the forum post, and I don't get why everybody pounced on me for it. Jeez, lighten up.

By the way, why is it RELOADED and REVOLUTIONS? Do you just love it so much that you have to shout it every time you say it?

Angus_D
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 27, 2003, 07:57 PM

Originally posted by nonhuman:
I watched the movie once, over the summer. All I remember is that there was a guy dressed as an agent jumping on the hood of a car on the freeway causing the car to be smashed. If I cared to spend the time to actually think about the plot of the movie you're right, it would be obvious that this wasn't Smith. However, since the point of the post was the use of computer graphics, it is completely irrelevant who it was who was jumping on the car. The original poster probably just remembered "agent-looking guy" so automatically said Smith without actually thinking about it, because Agent Smith is a name that most people are very familiar with in relation to the Matrix series.

What I was saying was that, rather than getting all hung up on pointless details (pointless to the discussion at hand regardless of their importance within the plot of the movie) it would be more productive to just address the actual points of a post instead of starting a tangential argument. Hence my comment "it's just a movie, get over it", as in, stop concerning yourself with being completely faithful to the movie itself and use your brain to discuss what's relevant.

fireside
Professional Poster
Oct 27, 2003, 08:37 PM

how dumb do you have to be to make a post like that when other people in this thread have said they liked the second movie?

Socially Awkward Solo
Professional Poster
Oct 27, 2003, 09:26 PM

how dumb do you have to be to make a post like that when other people in this thread have said they liked the second movie?
Dumb enough not to figure out that far more people dislike it then like it

"Laugh it up, fuzz ball!"

designbc
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 27, 2003, 11:20 PM

Originally posted by Socially Awkward Solo:
Dumb enough not to figure out that far more people dislike it then like it
I could say the opposite. Most of the people I've talked to liked the movie. Many consider that the first is much better though.
The problem with that guy is that he didn't like and now he doesn't want to hear thatt somebody liked the movie.
Landos Mustache: you better shave it, because it doesn't let you read the posts of people who REALLY LIKED THE MOVIE.
There is no spoon

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Oct 27, 2003, 11:29 PM

Originally posted by designbc:
Landos Mustache: you better shave it, because it doesn't let you read the posts of people who REALLY LIKED THE MOVIE.
Lets hope everyone reads that cuz I ain't "shaving" nuttin'

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Oct 27, 2003, 11:40 PM

Double....

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 28, 2003, 12:57 AM

i said that you think it sucks so everyone else has too. this is evident by all of your posts on this topic responding to THE MAC GOD with arguments on why it sucked. if you really didn't care, why would you be arguing on how much it sucked?
He's stating an opinion, just like the guy who posted this thread. So what?

BOT, I'll be seeing it, but I'll be waiting until the crowds die down. After Reloaded, I've got my expectations set somewhat low, good reviews or no. It's always better to be pleasantly surprised than severely disappointed.

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Oct 28, 2003, 01:18 AM

Originally posted by xi_hyperon:
He's stating an opinion, just like the guy who posted this thread. So what?
He is telling me not to have an opinion and only his and the guy he agrees with can have one.

Jansar
Professional Poster
Oct 28, 2003, 03:00 AM

So... I'm guessing that no one looked at that stuff I put up... Hmm... wish you would read it and then tell me what you thought...
That flash thing went on for forever and a half. I read the whole thing. It goes really deep, and at parts I kept saying, "Really?" to myself as I went back to watch some of the scenes.
World of Warcraft (Whisperwind - Alliance) <The Eternal Spiral>
Go Dogcows!

Silencer
Forum Regular
Oct 28, 2003, 04:20 AM

I'm getting my ticket to the Matrix marathon in a few days, starts at 7:15pm Sydney Australia time with the first matrix then reloaded and then at 1:00am Revolutions will be shown which will be the same time it first shows everywhere in the world.

Should be an interesting night watching all 3 back to back

THE MAC GOD  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 28, 2003, 02:09 PM

Damn... that would be cool.. wish they were doing that here... sniff sniff...

Oh and yeah, that flash thing DOES go on, but there is a LOT of neat things it talks about.

THE MAC GOD  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 28, 2003, 06:01 PM

OwlBoy
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 28, 2003, 06:11 PM

The movie was fun, and thats all there is to it.

The next one looks just as fun too!

-Owl

THE MAC GOD  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 28, 2003, 06:43 PM

Ohhhhhhh, RIGHT... giggidy, giggidy, giggidy!

fireside
Professional Poster
Oct 28, 2003, 07:51 PM

He is telling me not to have an opinion and only his and the guy he agrees with can have one.
no im telling you to respect other people's opinions.

you make so much crap up.

Forum Links
Forum Rules