Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Wal-Mart hates your babies!

Wal-Mart hates your babies! (Page 2)
thunderous_funker
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 20, 2003, 07:30 PM

Originally posted by ::maroma:::
Naw, we just have puddles here. No maintenance needed.

My guidance counselor at Pool Guy Technical College is gonna get a whoopin!!!
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." -- Hunter S. Thompson

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 20, 2003, 08:20 PM

Originally posted by thunderous_funker:

My guidance counselor at Pool Guy Technical College is gonna get a whoopin!!!
Yeah, to be honest, I don't know anyone personally who lives out here that has a pool. And come to think of it, I don't remember every seeing any. I've seen community pools, but private pools are very rare in these parts.

If you are looking to do that sort of thing out here, you should come visit first and scope things out.

And I wont even get started on the job market out here in Oregon...

thunderous_funker
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 20, 2003, 08:32 PM

Either my humor dispensor is busted or you're tired.

I've been a computer janitor for the last 6-7 years. I don't imgine I'll find smiliar work in P-town these days, but luckily I'm not too picky. I've had just about every job under the sun over the years. The idea is to put the wife through school so it doesn't really matter.

And even if I end up bagging groceries, I anticipate a considerable happiness upgrade from my hellish 5 years in LA.

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." -- Hunter S. Thompson

petehammer
Senior User
Nov 20, 2003, 08:35 PM

I've been a computer janitor for the last 6-7 years. I don't imgine I'll find smiliar work in P-town these days, but luckily I'm not too picky. I've had just about every job under the sun over the years. The idea is to put the wife through school so it doesn't really matter.

And even if I end up bagging groceries, I anticipate a considerable happiness upgrade from my hellish 5 years in LA.

Where is she going to school?
If after 6 months no WMD are found, people who supported the war should say ["You're right, we were wrong -- good job"] -- and move to impeach Mr. Bush."
-moki, 04/16/03 (Props to Spheric Harlot)

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 20, 2003, 08:43 PM

Oh wow...yeah, I think my humor receiver is busted. Maybe you can help me out with getting that back up and running again.

(and dang, did we derail this thread or what?)

thunderous_funker
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 20, 2003, 08:56 PM

Originally posted by petehammer:
Where is she going to school?
She was lving in Portland and attending Portland State before she ran away to LA to marry me. Silly girl.

As a college drop-out myself, I'm very anxious to get her back in school before she gets stuck. I hope to get back to school myself, but she goes first since she has a clear career path in mind and I'm a feckless drifter.

petehammer
Senior User
Nov 20, 2003, 08:58 PM

She was lving in Portland and attending Portland State before she ran away to LA to marry me. Silly girl.

As a college drop-out myself, I'm very anxious to get her back in school before she gets stuck. I hope to get back to school myself, but she goes first since she has a clear career path in mind and I'm a feckless drifter.
PM me and we can talk about places to live, eat, drink, etc.

Born and raised in OR.
If after 6 months no WMD are found, people who supported the war should say ["You're right, we were wrong -- good job"] -- and move to impeach Mr. Bush."
-moki, 04/16/03 (Props to Spheric Harlot)

Landos Mustache
Professional Poster
Location: Partying down with the Ewoks, after I nuked the Death Star!
Nov 21, 2003, 03:45 PM

Wow now wal-mart is putting its name on PC's. Wonder what evil things those will do.

http://rss.com.com/2100-1044_3-5110593.html

"Hello, what have we here?

Forum Links
Forum Rules