Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > OS X not "intuitive" enough? -> article

OS X not "intuitive" enough? -> article (Page 2)
Bobby
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 1, 2003, 04:44 PM

Well, I'm still waiting for the author's responce to my statement of a prevous problem I had trying to print an image in a size I defined, not the pre-defined sizes of windows...

Wonder why he hasn't responded??? Could it be that I've dumfounded him? I dunno what else to think...

He's left me little choice other than to believe it's because he can't find a defence for this little problem...

Basically Windows only prints easily if you want to let Windows decide for you as to what you want. If you want to print anything at a size other than their pre-defined sizes, you SOL...

MDA
Forum Regular
Dec 2, 2003, 02:58 AM

Originally posted by P:
There was one major problem with AppleGuide and its ilk: making help files for it was hard and required both special tools and skills. The result was that many programs shipped without a helpfile, or with one that used their own system. Almost anyone can write an HTML help file, or just copy it from the Windows version.

It would be nice to extend the current system with something like Appleguide (like the circling of relevant controls - I really loved that) and implement some sort of Baloon help (like a tooltip part 2 - keep the mousepointer even longer on the button and you get a longer help blurb), but the old Appleguide had to go.
Has anyone really taken a look at the help system in Panther? It's a vast improvement over Jaguar and is actually helpful.

MDA

Forum Links
Forum Rules