Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > The Manchurian Candidate

The Manchurian Candidate (Page 2)
Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Aug 11, 2004, 01:54 PM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
I never said it was definite. That was a "what if" So was the article. Nice try though.
Of course, nobody ever says anything "definite". They just imply and suggest enough for those who want to believe.

ender2002
Senior User
Aug 11, 2004, 01:56 PM

Everytime i see the Collateral trailer, I think it HAS to be a horrible movie. They used the most cutting edge digital technology instead of film and the quality looks horrible. And when tom cruise is in the club and shakes his head really fast I always laugh. It just seems dumb. Why would a hitman take a taxi to the hit spots? The only reason I could think of is if he wanted to kill the taxidriver.

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 11, 2004, 02:10 PM

Originally posted by Wiskedjak:
Of course, nobody ever says anything "definite". They just imply and suggest enough for those who want to believe.
It's ok to imply, or make guesses. If someone knee-jerks it's not of the fault of said person.

Just like all the leftists that implied that Iraq had no terrorists connections, and anyone that thought so was a moron. (Because they didn't want them to)

Even though we know now they indeed did.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Aug 11, 2004, 02:33 PM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
It's ok to imply, or make guesses. If someone knee-jerks it's not of the fault of said person.

Just like all the leftists that implied that Iraq had no terrorists connections, and anyone that thought so was a moron. (Because they didn't want them to)

Even though we know now they indeed did.
America was attacked by terrorists.
Iraq has connections to terrorists.
America must attack Iraq.

Even though the terrorists that Iraq has connections with are not the ones that attacked America and are not attacking America. If Saddam had no connections to Bin Laden, it looks to me like 9/11 / terrorism was used as an excuse to attack Iraq.
( Last edited by Wiskedjak; Aug 11, 2004 at 02:41 PM. )

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 11, 2004, 02:49 PM

I thought it wasn't too bad, but it definitely wasn't up to my expectations, given the reviews I had read. Denzel Washington and Meryl Streep both put in good performances. I'll have to check out the original sometime.

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 11, 2004, 03:53 PM

Originally posted by Wiskedjak:
America was attacked by terrorists.
Iraq has connections to terrorists.
America must attack Iraq.

Even though the terrorists that Iraq has connections with are not the ones that attacked America and are not attacking America. If Saddam had no connections to Bin Laden, it looks to me like 9/11 / terrorism was used as an excuse to attack Iraq.
This war was one on not only the terrorists that attacked us, but terrorism in general, and those who harbored and supported them was it not? Yes, yes it was.

No one singled out "just the ones that got us"

This is yet another example of making up stuff to suit ideals.

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 11, 2004, 04:12 PM

Please, go to the political/iwantthelastword forum to discuss Saddam.

Forum Links
Forum Rules