Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Anyone ever go to woot.com?

Anyone ever go to woot.com? (Page 2)
imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Mar 28, 2008, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by brassplayersrock² View Post
if you're like most of us; reading dates is essential.
Oh man, I know. I hate it when you're on a date with a girl and she's like, "Can you read the menu for me please, I can't read." Really a turn off.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Mar 28, 2008, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by imitchellg5 View Post
Oh man, I know. I hate it when you're on a date with a girl and she's like, "Can you read the menu for me please, I can't read." Really a turn off.
Why ? Isn't that perfect that you BOTH can't read ?

-t

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Mar 28, 2008, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
Why ? Isn't that perfect that you BOTH can't read ?

-t
Oh, good one. LOL!

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Mar 28, 2008, 08:34 PM

Ah, WTF ? No BOC ?

Damn you, Woot!

-t

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 29, 2008, 01:16 AM

damn it, i wanted one of those monkeys!! sounded fun as hell. 50 foot flight range? hell yeah

mduell
Posting Junkie
Mar 29, 2008, 02:30 AM

Not much good in the latest woot-off, but a week or so ago I got TiVo HD (refurb) for $180 ($200 with tax/shipping).

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Mar 29, 2008, 10:12 AM

damn it, i wanted one of those monkeys!! sounded fun as hell. 50 foot flight range? hell yeah
They are awesome, I ordered one

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Mar 29, 2008, 11:46 AM

Yeah, I have a screaming monkey at work.

Everytime I encounter monkey business, I spank it.

-t

Railroader
Banned
Mar 29, 2008, 12:18 PM

Sling Box

Originally Posted by Product description
1 Samuel 17

1 Now the Philistines gathered their forces for war and assembled at Socoh in Judah. They pitched camp at Ephes Dammim, between Socoh and Azekah. 2 Saul and the Israelites assembled and camped in the Valley of Elah and drew up their battle line to meet the Philistines. 3 They were all very upset because tonight was a new episode of The Simpsons and yet they had to work.

4 A champion named Goliath, who was from Gath, came out of the Philistine camp. He was over nine feet tall. 5 He had a bronze helmet on his head and wore a coat of scale armor of bronze weighing five thousand shekels; 6 on his legs he wore bronze greaves, and a bronze javelin was slung on his back. 7 His spear shaft was like a weaver's rod, and its iron point weighed six hundred shekels. He had some issues with being the center of attention.

8 Goliath stood before a brick wall and shouted to the ranks of Israel, "Do you not see that I am better than your programming? Do you not prefer me to Deal Or No Deal? 9 What do you get when you cross an elephant and a rhino? 'Ell if I 'no! 10 Is that not funny? Are you not laughing? For you cannot leave until my act is over! 11 Did not you notice that Philistine people drive like this, while Israeli people drive like this? 12 What about those pretzels you get on airlines? 13 These are the jokes, people!" 14 On hearing the Philistine's words, Saul and all the Israelites were dismayed that they could not leave, especially because 15 it had been foretold that tonight's Seinfeld was the one about The Contest, and everyone wanted to see that.

16 Now David was the son of an Ephrathite named Jesse, who was from Bethlehem in Judah. Jesse had eight sons, and in Saul's time he was old and well advanced in years. 17 Jesse's three oldest sons had followed Saul to the war: The firstborn was Composite Audio & Video RCA Input/Output; the second, S-Video Input/Output; and the third, RF/Coaxial Input. 18 David was the youngest. The three oldest followed Saul, 19 but David went back and forth from Saul to tend his father's IR Emitter at Bethlehem.

20 For forty days the Philistine came forward every morning and evening and took his stand. By now the Israelites had missed like four episodes of The Office and so both sides were getting mad. 21 Plus it was hockey season, which made it worse. And Saul wanted to watch One Life To Live.

22 David said to Saul, "Let no one lose heart on account of this Philistine; your servant has a solution."

23 Saul replied, "You are not able to go out against this Philistine and fight him; you are only a boy, and he has been a fighting man from his youth."

24 David said to Saul, "Fight him? What are you, insane? He's nine feet tall and weighs like a million dollars, I'm not going over there. 25 I came to tell you that I just figured out a way to watch tv again!" And saying that, David produced the Slingbox Classic.

26 Saul responded, "How does that work?"

27 David hooked the Slingbox Classic to the back of the television of his father, Jesse. Then he walked to the front line, where the high priests were keeping the laptop. 28 Using the SlingPlayer software, David established a direct connection to his own tv, so that it was possible to watch shows in places where no television could go. 28 The men gathered around to watch. Morale became higher than the stack of potatoes in the market.

29Soon no one was paying attention to Goliath. Goliath tried to do a little dance but no one cared. 30 After twenty eight days of trying impressions, juggling, and some crazy thing with a puppet singing Madonna, Golliath was broken hearted, and he just walked away. 31 There was polite applause, but that only made it worse.

32 Then Saul dressed David in his own tunic. He put a coat of armor on him and a bronze helmet on his head. 33 David fastened on his sword over the tunic and tried walking around, because he was not used to them. And lo, he tripped on the hem, and everyone did laugh. 34 David tried to sit on the couch, but the sword got in the way, and the tunic made him slip. And lo, did everyone laugh.

35"I cannot wear these," he said to Saul, "because I look like an idiot." So he took them off, and contented himself before the computer that did accept the stream from the Slingbox Classic. And it was good, because just then, Law and Order SVU was starting. 36 And they were ordering manna and a two liter, and Saul was buying.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 29, 2008, 11:56 PM

3 minutes and counting till new item

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Mar 30, 2008, 12:13 AM

3 minutes and counting till new item

FAIL !

New Woot! at 12:00 AM CST (= 1:00 AM EST)

-t

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Apr 1, 2008, 01:06 AM

LOL - April Fools Woot! Off.

Second Woot! Off in 3 days. First time evar.

-t

slugslugslug
Mac Elite
Apr 1, 2008, 02:03 AM

But wait! It's a funny woot! off, because it's just the same thing every time!

At least the first 4 times. Maybe they'll change it after I go to bed.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Apr 1, 2008, 02:08 AM

6th time, same thing.

There's something going on. Everyone's trying to figure out if there are hidden codes that can be used to buy a BOC.

-t

Railroader
Banned
Apr 1, 2008, 08:18 PM

Ugh.

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Apr 1, 2008, 08:47 PM

This Woot! Off vacuumed.

But only because I missed crap three times by about 30 seconds.

-t

turtle777
Clinically Insane
May 8, 2008, 01:08 AM

Yeay, Woot Off!

-t

Railroader
Banned
May 8, 2008, 03:15 PM

w00t!!1

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jun 21, 2008, 01:27 AM

Yeah, got me two of these at Woot Shirt:

-t

Railroader
Banned
Jul 29, 2008, 12:33 PM

Woot off happening now.

In case you missed it.

chichow
Forum Regular
Aug 2, 2008, 01:07 PM

errr...where does woot come from?

does it mean "YES"!!! "Got you? from video games or IRC?

chichow
Forum Regular
Aug 2, 2008, 01:10 PM

I used to buy lots from woot, then I realized that if I didn't know it existed, I had no desire to buy it.

errr...then I found www.steapandcheap.com

err...that took some money for a while too.

please don't tell me about any other sites

Railroader
Banned
Sep 23, 2008, 12:25 PM

woot! off in progress!

http://www.woot.com

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 23, 2008, 01:01 PM

it started last night. the longest lasting one that i saw was a 750 gig sea gate baracuda drive. almost 90 minutes. then a couple of quick ones, then this weird ass gutter cleaning robot. There was a universal serial bus fish tank that went on for like 2 minutes then sold out. lol

last I checked there was a vizio tv

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 23, 2008, 09:16 PM

I've seen stufff on Woot Offs that took 4 hours and more to sell. Woot off killa.

-t

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 23, 2008, 10:13 PM

btw, turtle, i tried to PM you about the wootoff, but your inbox is full.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 23, 2008, 10:14 PM

btw, turtle, i tried to PM you about the wootoff, but your inbox is full.
Oh, gotta check that. Hate when that happens.

-t

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 23, 2008, 10:18 PM

how long do woot offs usually go for? this one started last night
it's currently on:
Icemat Siberia In Ear Headset
$12.99
+ $5 shippin

Dork.
Professional Poster
Sep 24, 2008, 08:28 AM

It goes until they run out of woot-off crap to sell....

Railroader
Banned
Sep 24, 2008, 10:47 AM

Still happening!

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 24, 2008, 02:14 PM

alrighty:

Bravetti Platinum Pro Swivel Head Food Processor
$49.99
+ $5 shippin

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 24, 2008, 03:49 PM

woah:

someone at woot is having fun

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 24, 2008, 04:41 PM

BAG OF C rap

Railroader
Banned
Sep 24, 2008, 04:44 PM

"Server is too busy" Ugh!

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 24, 2008, 04:45 PM

weird, it's working fine here.

Railroader
Banned
Sep 24, 2008, 04:59 PM

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 24, 2008, 05:01 PM

that's a cool looking mouse actually........ not

Railroader
Banned
Sep 24, 2008, 05:07 PM

It's what I see instead of a bandolier of carrots.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 24, 2008, 05:45 PM

Crap, missed the crap.

-t

Railroader
Banned
Oct 22, 2008, 01:29 AM

Woot off in progress folks.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 22, 2008, 01:59 AM

received this e-mail today:

WOOT, INC. INTERNAL EMAIL
STAFF EYES ONLY

Attention Woot employees -

We are now entering the final phase of preparations for the Woot-Off planned for midnight tonight. This is when we depart from our usual deal-a-day model and sell one product after another, offering a new deal as soon as the previous one sells out. For some reason, Woot members like brassplayersrock continue to have high expectations for this event. We must make every effort to ensure that they feel disappointed and betrayed.

All workers should be physically and mentally straining to make this Woot-Off a success, like every muscle in a wolf's body strains to capture and devour its prey. We expect total compliance with the following objectives:

Make sure the stables are thoroughly cleaned and the horses properly groomed and shod. As you know, Commander Rutledge prefers to lead us on horseback during Woot-Offs. Charge!
Customer Service department: all vacation requests for this week and next are approved. If you have not filed a vacation request, take one anyway.
The little green pills in the kitchen are there to keep you alert and working. Take as many as you need. Officially, Woot does not believe in the concept of "overdose".
Take at least one of our servers offline, just for laughs.
Go to the landfill and dig up some more Sansa media players. If you see any Digipro Graphics Tablets (and you will), grab those, too.
Place crap bags in company latrines so those orders can be "filled". To this end, the company will provide free lunch today from El Feo, the filthiest burrito joint in Dallas. Do your worst, guys.
Neutralize all negative thinking among our members. We simply cannot tolerate any more posts like "do not want" or "Woot-Off killer". If electronic means like word filters and IP bans do not work, we must reactivate the rapid-response teams to physically eliminate all threats to our reputation.
Last time, spot checks revealed that approximately 25% of products shipped are broken, incomplete, or excessively dirty. This is unacceptable. For this Woot-Off, defective shipments must make up at least 40%.
Remind SmartPost that there's no need to hurry on these orders. Prompt delivery makes our customers spoiled and argumentative. Let them learn humility and gratitude while they wait.

Above all, we must strive to make this Woot-Off even more tedious, disappointing, and lucrative than the last one. The employee who achieves the most toward this end will be rewarded with one brown Zune. Second place: two brown Zunes.

Forward into battle! Remember: to give one's life for Woot is glorious!

Larry Stalin
eCommerce eKommissar
Woot, Inc.

THIS EMAIL WILL SELF-DESTRUCT IN 90 SECONDS

ThinkInsane  (op)
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 22, 2008, 09:08 AM

Sweet, time to upgrade to a new fancier roomba. My cat will be pretty excited about that.
Nemo me impune lacesset

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 19, 2008, 02:27 AM

woot off!

Laminar
Clinically Insane
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Nov 19, 2008, 11:03 AM

I want this. But I don't know if I could ever actually wear it. Also my girlfriend would probably break up with me.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 19, 2008, 11:04 AM

she will eventually anyways. just get the thing if you like it.

Laminar
Clinically Insane
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Nov 19, 2008, 11:05 AM

Gone.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2008, 01:33 AM

holy shitza!!!

edit:
less then 4 minutes and it's gone

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2008, 01:50 AM

hehe, got this. I've actually been looking for a usb hub, and these things are close to $50 on amazon.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2008, 02:05 AM

and the wootoff is over

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 8, 2008, 11:40 PM

Welcome to Woot's first official recession-era newsletter! For the next 12 to 24 months, all citizens are expected to fret over, worry about, or even directly experience the nadir of a consumerist society - OMG! What will we do when we stop buying stuff? Economists now agree that we're headed through a prolonged period of decreased consumer spending (you really need an advanced degree to come up with insights like that). Beyond that, it's anybody guess. Will the only growth sectors in the economy be shoe repair, pipe salvage, and roadside apple sales? Or will we bring on a quick recovery by doing patriotic things like buying stuff we can't afford and spending more money than we make?

As a retailer, it'd make sense for us to fall in with the BUY STUFF, AMERICA conga line. But by now, you know that we at Woot never do things the "normal", "sensible", "rational", "intelligent" way. We're not about to follow the herd over a cliff. When we go over a cliff, it's because of our own poor judgment, not someone else's. That's been our credo since about five minutes ago, when we first thought of it. And we've stayed true to it ever since.

That's why we're encouraging you and your fellow wooters to save this holiday season. Save your money! Save until you pull a saving muscle. Horde your money until you are literally choking on it. Save until maybe, like, mid-February or so, when the market will be a-glut with great deals for the taking every day. You'll avoid the crowds, take advantage of desperate retailers, and not have to hear "Simply Having A Wonderful Christmas Time" even once.

Sure, maybe you'll disappoint some of your loved ones. But if they really love you, they can wait a couple of months, especially if your finances are at stake. Besides, if your so-called loved ones wanted you to set yourself on fire, would you? Of course you wouldn't. And that's the kind of independent thinking that will one day break the mindless conformity of our consumerist holiday ways.

But be warned: you'll want to stay far away from Woot.com this week. The breadth and scope of bargains we'll be offering - especially starting Tuesday morning at midnight - will be powerfully tempting. They could even lead you back down the spend-spend-spend path with the rest of the sheep. And that would make us sad enough to cry while we're taking your money.

See you in February!

Woot.com

woot off the red nosed web site... with his bag ....of crap... then all the wooters loved him...

Forum Links
Forum Rules