Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Michael Jackson Trial Verdict: 4:45PM

View Poll Results: Michael Jackson will be found:
Poll Options:
Guilty 13 votes (33.33%)
Not Guilty 26 votes (66.67%)
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll
Michael Jackson Trial Verdict: 4:45PM (Page 2)
as2
Mac Elite
Jun 14, 2005, 03:48 AM

I think the key phrase is 'beyond reasonable doubt'

With all the tom-foolery and conflicting evidence from both sides of the argument I don't see how anything could have been certain. It all seemed to be she saw this, he saw that - very little concrete stuff.
[img=http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1300/desktj.jpg]

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 14, 2005, 08:07 AM

I was so totally the first person to vote not guilty in this thread. Not because I think the guy's not guilty-- he's a goddam fruitcake Extrordinaire-- the case against him was totally circumstantial. And a monumental waste of time, money and human endeavor. Oh well, at least he's almost gone broke. I hope.

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

ajprice
Professional Poster
Jun 14, 2005, 09:02 AM

Broke now, maybe. Broke soon, after the book, the TV interviews with Oprah, the sudden push on marketing of the Beatles albums... i don't think so.

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

typoon
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 14, 2005, 09:26 AM

I kind of figured he wouldn't be found guilty. There are a few reasons. First it was more he said she said type of case. There was no real hard proof like a tape or the "blue dress" or "dead body" type evidence that would prove he actually did it. I also think the Mother didn't help out the prosecution's case. She was known for trying to extort money by claiming some false injury and she tried to make this her biggest scam. I also don't think the Jurors liked her too much which also helped out Jacson in this case.

He should have probably been convicted on serving alchohol to a minor. Though I don't think he would have been put a way too long if at all for that one.
"Evil is Powerless If the Good are Unafraid." -Ronald Reagan

Apple and Intel, the dawning of a NEW era.

Nodnarb
Mac Elite
Jun 14, 2005, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Super Mario
I study European history in university here. It was their claim they left England because of persecution. The truth is they were the ones making the trouble and went to America to start a Puritan society. There in New England and Boston they recruited young men to go to England and to fight the Royalists. The Royalists had done nothing to start the trouble. It all started with Puritans trying to destablise the country because they wanted the Protestant church to remove any similarity to Catholicism, even though there was no link to the Church of Rome. The Puritans were Bible bashing maniacs with conspiracy theories that resulted in violence. They acted in those times just like Al-Qaeda today, using foreign base to recruit terrorists and then say they were persecuted 'rebels'. They had a sermon, New England's Tears for Old England's Fears. Very Bin Ladin like talk.

Their attitude still exists today in the Christian Right of America. The whole shouting and Bible bashing, it all goes back to Puritans who thought they can change the world with war and shape countries by changing regimes.
Hey guess what. You're retarded. Just because you don't agree with some people in America, there's 300 million of us. Yeah, some people suck, but that's going to be the same anywhere.

Besides. We could kick you're country's ass.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Jun 14, 2005, 10:19 AM

Do I think he's guilty of child molestation? Absolutely.
Do I think the prosecution presented a convincing argument? Absolutely not.

Forum Links
Forum Rules