Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPad Cases

iPad Cases (Page 2)
subego
Clinically Insane
Oct 12, 2010, 06:55 AM

Ya see, my ex had one of those for her iPhone and it got completely nasty.

Granted, I don't stick my iPad up on my cheek, and even if I did, I usually go a touch lighter on the foundation.

The technology has probably improved too. I've never believed a claim of fingerprint-resistance, so the iPad didn't surprise me, but I'm bowled over by how genuinely resistant the iPhone 4 is. Along with the buffing it gets in your pocket, the thing always looks like it just came out if the box.

andi*pandi
Nov 3, 2010, 12:47 PM

I'm now in a position to actually buy one of these things (work has sprung for an iPad I don't have to share!) and can't decide between Fabrix Magic Sleeve, Foofbag, and the Booq. My instinct is to go with a sleeve, Fabrix has more pattern choices I like, but I've been happy with Foof previously. If I was going to get a folio/stand option, I'm leaning towards the Booq... if I'm adding bulk I may as well have a pocket of some sort and it would look more professional.

ooh, this is an interesting idea... a sleeve that makes a stand.
Origami Sleeve for iPad : Products By Incase

Any updated opinions on these?

Oooh, this is completely different... http://www.happyowlstudio.com/
( Last edited by andi*pandi; Nov 3, 2010 at 01:00 PM. )

Cool_Beanz
Baninated
Nov 24, 2010, 04:12 PM

Otterbox Apple iPad Commuter Case [OEM], Black | EverydaySource.com�

Its a very stable case, light but still durable to take a little fall. Though pricey but insurance ain't cheap!

Silent
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 30, 2010, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by selowitch View Post
Which iPad case are you ordering and why? I was excited about the Cloak, but they aren't going to be available until May 1st at the earliest. So I need other alternatives.
That's a great looking case you have there.
---

As for me. I am going with Apple's case. Which I got about 2 days ago! I like it because it makes it so much easier to type on when sitting by a table.

andi*pandi
Nov 30, 2010, 08:41 PM

Just got my Booq boa folio, it seems really nice so far. At first I wasn't sure the "fold cover back to make stand" feature was going to work so well, but it's working now.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Dec 2, 2010, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
Just got my Booq boa folio, it seems really nice so far. At first I wasn't sure the "fold cover back to make stand" feature was going to work so well, but it's working now.
I just ordered one of these to replace my Otterbox. The weight was just getting to me.

All glory to the hypnotoad.

aepple
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 3, 2010, 06:31 PM

i purchased the Apple case, black with the faded gray Apple icon, it folds over to a stand... i like it because it doesn't bulk up the size of the iPad. I think everyone needs to determine just how much protection they need, the case i got allows me to put it in my back-pack, or my wife's handbag without a hassle.

Forum Links
Forum Rules