Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Nintendo Wii

Nintendo Wii (Page 25)
Millennium
Clinically Insane
Nov 21, 2006, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Dark Helmet View Post
"Every time I sighted down the controller at the TV, the crosshairs were off-center. "

What did he do wrong?
Nothing, except play an early demo of an incomplete game on an early demo of an incomplete console and then condemn the whole system based on it.
"The ball came in, I swung, and the ball flew away. After a few whacks, I realized that the Wii isn't asking me to simulate a realistic swing. There's no reason to assume a batter's stance, and no reason to bother swinging the controller fast or following through—flicking the controller like a pingpong paddle works just as well. "

What did he do wrong?
He did nothing wrong, but why is he complaining about being able to choose how much he's going to immerse himself in the game? This ability to choose is a good thing, is it not?
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

ink
Mac Elite
Nov 21, 2006, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
Somebody should make a third-party Wiimote with better grips and a better speaker. I bet it would sell well.

There is definitely room to improve, but I'm glad that Nintendo did something interesting instead of a repeat of the last generation.

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2006, 07:50 PM

Somebody should make a third-party Wiimote with better grips and a better speaker. I bet it would sell well.
Nintendo doesn't hold a patent on the aiming detection of the Wiimote?

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2006, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by ink View Post

There is definitely room to improve, but I'm glad that Nintendo did something interesting instead of a repeat of the last generation.
Graphically and audibly it is a near exact repeat of the last generation.

They took a cube and gave it a new remote.

"She's gone from suck to blow!"

ink
Mac Elite
Nov 21, 2006, 08:11 PM

True, but that's better than taking the Cube and just giving it better graphics (in my opinion). Nintendo took XBox Live and coupled it with their new controller and gave the graphics a modest push. It'd be perfect if it had everything, but... ohwell, we don't always get (or have to pay for) what we want.

Tuoder
Mac Elite
Nov 21, 2006, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by TETENAL View Post
Nintendo doesn't hold a patent on the aiming detection of the Wiimote?
I'll bet they license it, or else they will license it to others.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Nov 21, 2006, 08:21 PM

What? Cube had better graphics and better hardware than the PS2 last generation, yet the PS2 had the highest marketshare.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Calimus
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 21, 2006, 08:49 PM

Why should better graphics have anything to do with a "next" generation of consoles? That's just they way it's been done in the past. People used to read off of scrolls, now we have books. Things change. I would be very surprised if the next generation of consoles in 5-6 years don't have some sort of pointing device like the Wii.

Would it have been even better if the Wii had 360/ps3 graphics in addition to the new controller technology? Of course, but it would have been more expensive than the PS3, and almost certainly a failure.

ink
Mac Elite
Nov 21, 2006, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Calimus View Post
I would be very surprised if the next generation of consoles in 5-6 years don't have some sort of pointing device like the Wii.
But how ridiculous will the number of "Wii sensors" become? Do we have to have one for each console, or will they be standardized? (hahaha, Consoles.. standardize... whew, as if...)

Or maybe we'll have inputs on our amps for the "Wii sensors" so that different consoles can coexist?

Weezer
Mac Elite
Nov 21, 2006, 09:15 PM

Famitsu Reviews:

Necro Nesia (Spike): 8,7,6,7
Super Monkey Ball (Sega): 8,8,8,7
Wing Island (Hudson): 5,6,6,5
Kororinpa (Hudson): 6,6,6,6
SD Gundam Scud Hammers (Banpresto): 8,8,9,8
Ennichi no Tatsujin (Bandai Namco): 7,7,7,6
Tamagotchi no Pika Pika Daitouryou (Bandai Namco): 7,7,7,5
Red Steel (Ubisoft): 8,9,9,8
Trauma Center (Atlus): 8,9,8,7
Elebits (Konami): 8,8,8,8
Super Swing Golf (Tecmo): 8,7,7,7
Odoru Made in Wario (Nintendo): 8,9,8,9
Zelda Twilight Princess (Nintendo): 9,10,9,10
Crayon Shin Chan (Banpresto): 7,8,7,6

Surprisingly high scores for red steel, in which almost all US reviews have been meh.

Imac Core Duo 1.83/1.5 GB/20 inch cinema, ibook G4 1 ghz

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Nov 21, 2006, 09:17 PM

Red Steel got the second-highest ratings from Famitsu? WTF?

And now I'm curious to read what the hell the Crayon Shin-chan game is. A TV show game as a launch title is kind of odd.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

ink
Mac Elite
Nov 21, 2006, 09:22 PM

Hmm, MindFad hasn't posted his prayer lately.... maybe this thread should end?

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Nov 21, 2006, 09:36 PM

Gamoe  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 21, 2006, 11:36 PM

What I'm still upset about is how Nintendo completely alienated GameCube games from the Classic controller and the Wii's internal memory. This is probably the thing that irks me most about the Wii; my number one on the Wii wish list.

We should be able to get a Classic controller, pop in a GameCube game and play. If you want to play with a friend, you buy another one. Total cost: $40 (and it works with all VC titles, too). Now, however, you need to buy two Wavebirds if you want wireless and a memory card (a good sized one, but which doesn't even come close to the Wii's internal memory capacity). Total cost: $80 (and it might not work with some VC titles). Is that truly complete and included backwards compatibility?!

Ugh! Sorry if I've said this a number of times. I really do like the Wii, but this one issue has me really peeved right now, as I was looking forward to getting some old GameCube greats and popping them in.

I still think Nintendo has some (bad) reason for doing this, though, and I could perfectly see them limiting GameCube compatibility to deter you from buying a $20 GameCube game and either buying a new $50 Wii version or buying it for $20 or $30 off the VC Store.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Nov 21, 2006, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Gabriel Morales View Post
What I'm still upset about is how Nintendo completely alienated GameCube games from the Classic controller and the Wii's internal memory. This is probably the thing that irks me most about the Wii; my number one on the Wii wish list.
Here is the problem. The classic controller lacks some buttons needed for the Gamecube controller. The Gamecube controller lacks some buttons needed for VC. (Yes, not all VC games work with the Gamecube controller). Nintendo did the best they could, but the Classic controller simply is missing some of the controls on the Gamecube controller. It's a hardware problem, not software.
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Gamoe  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 21, 2006, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by goMac View Post
Here is the problem. The classic controller lacks some buttons needed for the Gamecube controller. The Gamecube controller lacks some buttons needed for VC. (Yes, not all VC games work with the Gamecube controller). Nintendo did the best they could, but the Classic controller simply is missing some of the controls on the Gamecube controller. It's a hardware problem, not software.
Yes, but Nintendo designed the Classic (as well as the GameCube) controller. Don't you think they should have designed it with their last gen. console in mind, and not only with other previous gen consoles in mind? I mean, they've even accommodated Sega and other third-party consoles, yet they could not accommodate the GameCube? How can older and third-party consoles fit into Nintendo's vision of the Wii, yet the GameCube does not?! Come on!!!

So no, it's not a hardware problem. As I see it it's a marketing (in Nintendo's collective mind) issue instead.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Nov 22, 2006, 12:01 AM

Yes, but Nintendo designed the Classic (as well as the GameCube) controller. Don't you think they should have designed it with their last gen. console in mind, and not only with other previous gen consoles in mind? I mean, they've even accommodated Sega and other third-party consoles, yet they could not accommodate the GameCube? How can older and third-party consoles fit into Nintendo's vision of the Wii, yet the GameCube does not?! Come on!!!

So no, it's not a hardware problem. As I see it it's a marketing (in Nintendo's collective mind) issue instead.
The Classic Controller is designed to feel like an SNES pad with two joysticks thrown on. In that respect, you're down a button right away from the Gamecube pad. If they designed the classic console controller to be like a Gamecube pad... well... why bother with the classic controller at that point? Just buy a Gamecube pad.

ink
Mac Elite
Nov 22, 2006, 12:31 AM

The Classic Controller is designed to feel like an SNES pad with two joysticks thrown on. In that respect, you're down a button right away from the Gamecube pad. If they designed the classic console controller to be like a Gamecube pad... well... why bother with the classic controller at that point? Just buy a Gamecube pad.
But you can play PSX games on a PS2 with a dual-shock controller.

... or are you saying that Sony has more forethought than Nintendo?

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Nov 22, 2006, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by ink View Post
But you can play PSX games on a PS2 with a dual-shock controller.

... or are you saying that Sony has more forethought than Nintendo?
Sony's controllers have practically been the same. Every single one of Nintendo's controllers have been radically different.

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 22, 2006, 01:05 AM

If they designed the classic console controller to be like a Gamecube pad... well... why bother with the classic controller at that point? Just buy a Gamecube pad.
I think that's his point. It'd also be nice, IMO at least, if the classic controller didn't have to attach to the remote.

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 22, 2006, 01:18 AM

I think it's silly to suggest that Nintendo "did their best" in designing the classic controller, but just couldn't figure out a way to fit in enough buttons, but it's also silly to suggest that it's some kind of conspiracy to prevent people from buying Gamecube games.

I think it's simply that the Gamecube cannot interface with the Wii's wireless controllers at all. The classic controller is wireless, therefore it cannot be used with Gamecube games no matter how many buttons it has or doesn't have.

Originally Posted by itai195 View Post
I think that's his point. It'd also be nice, IMO at least, if the classic controller didn't have to attach to the remote.
I agree, but that would make them twice as expensive, and it would also be confusing to have to manage different kinds of controllers like this.

Gamoe  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 22, 2006, 01:27 AM

Well, the Classic controller also has a few extra buttons including the "Z" buttons. I'm not saying that the Classic controller should be just like the GameCube controller. I'm suggesting that Nintendo could have incorporated the extra GameCube buttons/controls into the Classic controller.

What's the benefit? So that you only need one classic controller to play all VC, Wii (for some titles) and GameCube games, and you don't need to spend extra $$ on controllers that don't even fit within the system's (aesthetic, philosophical) design.

It's like GameCube games are second-class citizens while NES, SNES and Sega Genesis games have first-class status on the system. That's just kind of ludicrous and counter-intuitive to me.

Anyway, I'm repeating myself. But I just wanted to express my dismay at Nintendo's decision here.

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 22, 2006, 01:33 AM

It's like GameCube games are second-class citizens while NES, SNES and Sega Genesis games have first-class status on the system. That's just kind of ludicrous and counter-intuitive to me.
Again, I think this is simply because all of those games are emulated by the Wii OS (or whatever you want to call it), which was built from the ground up with support for the Wii's controllers. Gamecube games are not emulated within the Wii OS, but are played on the equivalent of actual Gamecube hardware within the Wii itself, cut off from the Wii OS. This is the only explanation that makes sense to me.

bstone
Mac Elite

why did my roommate just pay $450 for a Wee?
Emergency Medicine & Urgent Care.

Gamoe  (op)
Mac Elite

Originally Posted by icruise View Post
I think it's simply that the Gamecube cannot interface with the Wii's wireless controllers at all. The classic controller is wireless, therefore it cannot be used with Gamecube games no matter how many buttons it has or doesn't have.
Are you really suggesting that it's not technically feasible or practical to have GameCube games on the Wii recognize and be used with the Classic controller?

GameCube games don't have any need to know about wireless controllers. Heck, I don't think the GameCube realizes when it has a Wavebird vs. a regular wired controller attached. All it needs is for the Wii to bridge the gap between the controller and the game, via software.

If Nintendo made it so that GameCube games are not aware of the additional Wii features (which I believe is the case, actually), then it is because Nintendo decided so, not because it was impossible or impractical to do otherwise.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Nov 22, 2006, 02:06 AM

If, as I've heard, the system boots into the GameCube OS to play GameCube games, Nintendo wouldn't have had to cripple anything — it would have required added support to bridge in the Wii's controllers.
Chuck
___

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 22, 2006, 02:15 AM

Are you really suggesting that it's not technically feasible or practical to have GameCube games on the Wii recognize and be used with the Classic controller?
What I am saying is that, as it is designed, the Wii appears to switch over to "Gamecube mode" when playing a Gamecube game, and this Gamecube mode is totally divorced from the Wii OS. You can't call up the Wii menu using the Wiimote while in this mode and you can't turn off the system with it either. In fact, the system doesn't recognize the Wiimote at all. This makes it rather difficult to use the classic controller to control Gamecube games.

Neither you or I have any idea if it would have been feasible to do this differently, and if you want to see the whole thing as a plot to prevent people from buying Gamecube games (as bizarre as that sounds to me) you are welcome to. I think that it was either not possible from a technical point of view, or they decided it wouldn't be worth the time and money required to do it. Honestly, when you look at the problems that the other systems have with backwards compatibility, this controller issue is very minor -- especially since the majority of Wii buyers probably already have at least one Gamecube controller.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Nov 22, 2006, 02:33 AM

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Sto...1725.47900.htm

Nintendo is hinting an HD Wii may be coming, appeasing the SWG's of the world.

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 22, 2006, 02:46 AM

By the way, my Wii arrived today from Amazon.com. The graphics... aren't so good. Of course, I am using the composite cable that came with the system and not the hard-to-find component cable, but I don't think it would make a huge difference. So far I've played Wii Sports, Rayman Raving Rabbids and Zelda. Since Wii Sports isn't really supposed to be that impressive graphically, I will skip that and move on to the other two.

Rayman does have some nice moments, but there are parts that just look like crap. The bunnies in the stadium have about 3 frames of animation that they cycle through, for example. I'm not sure there is anything in the game that couldn't be done on the Gamecube. Still, some of the mini-games, such as the ones where you shoot the plungers at the rabbits, look pretty nice. It's a mixed bag. It can be a fun game, although there are too many "move the nunchuk and remote up and down as fast as you can" games that require no skill whatsoever. Overall, I like it though. Those rabbits are pretty cute (and scary at the same time).

Zelda so far isn't all that impressive either, at least in terms of its graphics. The color scheme is drab and there are lots of jaggies. I'm also not crazy about the art style. I actually find the highly stylized art style of Windwaker to be more impressive looking. But in terms of its game play, it's definitely a Zelda game and is probably a suitable sequel to the N64 Zelda games. I've only played a couple of hours so far, so I'm certainly not going to be making any final judgments yet.

The controls seem to work well enough, although I'm not yet convinced that they are superior to a standard controller. Aiming with the remote does seem to work pretty well. Overall, the system works more or less as advertised, but the graphics are a bit of a disappointment, even though I knew not to expect too much.

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 22, 2006, 03:54 AM

Weird!

"The reviewer comments seemed to suggest that the GCN version, while lacking some of the freshness of the Wii version, offers a feeling of precise control thanks to the standard control system."

IGN: Famitsu Rates Wii

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 22, 2006, 03:54 AM

Zelda so far isn't all that impressive either, at least in terms of its graphics. The color scheme is drab and there are lots of jaggies.
You must have a broken Wii as GoMac see's no jaggies in Zelda.

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 22, 2006, 04:23 AM

Is he using an SD TV, I wonder?

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 22, 2006, 04:35 AM

Of course, I am using the composite cable that came with the system and not the hard-to-find component cable, but I don't think it would make a huge difference.
Thanks for the report. On my screen, component cables make a very noticeable difference with PS2 and GCN games, so I expect the same on Wii. It really should've shipped with component cables standard.

zro
Mac Elite
Nov 22, 2006, 05:11 AM

Neither do I. All I see is new Zelda. But, I'm not the bitchy type, either.

Gamoe  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 22, 2006, 06:03 AM

If, as I've heard, the system boots into the GameCube OS to play GameCube games, Nintendo wouldn't have had to cripple anything — it would have required added support to bridge in the Wii's controllers.
What I am saying is that, as it is designed, the Wii appears to switch over to "Gamecube mode" when playing a Gamecube game, and this Gamecube mode is totally divorced from the Wii OS.
I am not suggesting otherwise. In fact, I tend to believe that this is the case. I'm not saying that Nintendo intentionally "crippled" something that was already there. All I wish is that the "GameCube OS" or GameCube games were aware of the Wii Classic controller and memory. In fact, I would even been satisfied with simply Classic controller (with no Wii memory and only memory card) support.

It is true that I cannot say exactly what adding this controller support would entail, based on what I do know, I don't think this would have been all that difficult to implement. At least before, it was said that GameCube controllers would work for VC titles, so tha made it a little a little less upsetting, since you could forgo the Classic controller for VC titles.

But now, Nintendo claims that not all Classic games will be playable with the GameCube controller and will require the Classic controller instead. <sigh>

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 22, 2006, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by itai195 View Post
Thanks for the report. On my screen, component cables make a very noticeable difference with PS2 and GCN games, so I expect the same on Wii. It really should've shipped with component cables standard.
What difference do you see, exactly? I have component cables for my Xbox, GC and PS2 and while I can see that color quality is better with the component cables, they don't really totally rid of jaggies in my experience.

By the way, I noticed that the graphics in Zelda seemed to improve after <possible spoiler> Link turned into the wolf, as compared with the initial village. It was considerably more impressive to me.

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 22, 2006, 06:34 AM

But now, Nintendo claims that not all Classic games will be playable with the GameCube controller and will require the Classic controller instead. <sigh>
This may have already come up in the thread, but do you have a source for that? All of the games currently listed in the Virtual Console channel are compatible with both the classic controller and the Gamecube controller (they display which controller works with which game on the game's purchase screen). At this point the only reason they show this is to distinguish which games can be played with only the Wiimote and which need a different controller.

Gamoe  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 22, 2006, 06:54 AM

This may have already come up in the thread, but do you have a source for that? All of the games currently listed in the Virtual Console channel are compatible with both the classic controller and the Gamecube controller (they display which controller works with which game on the game's purchase screen). At this point the only reason they show this is to distinguish which games can be played with only the Wiimote and which need a different controller.
Yes. Let me quote myself:

Originally Posted by Gabriel Morales

Also from this article:

Further on the topic of the Virtual Console, the manual confirms that some legacy titles will only be able to be played with the Classic Controller, which contradicts Nintendo's previous indication of GameCube controller compatibility.
And yes, I've been looking around the VC Shop and I've noticed what you've said. Hopefully, it's just the rare game which will not work with the GameCube controller, and hopefully it won't be that one game that you just gotta have. So far so good, though, I suppose.

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Nov 22, 2006, 07:41 AM

Will you kindly stop repeating this lie? We have been over this many times: although the Wii has the same basic architecture as the GameCube, the hardware is indeed upgraded. The official specs have been released to prove it.
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

Jolt21
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 22, 2006, 09:17 AM

Zelda so far isn't all that impressive either, at least in terms of its graphics. The color scheme is drab and there are lots of jaggies. I'm also not crazy about the art style. I actually find the highly stylized art style of Windwaker to be more impressive looking. But in terms of its game play, it's definitely a Zelda game and is probably a suitable sequel to the N64 Zelda games. I've only played a couple of hours so far, so I'm certainly not going to be making any final judgments yet.
Zelda is a port of the Gamecube version. all they did was change the controls. so yes, it will look shitty.
blah

Dakar²
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 22, 2006, 09:18 AM

Did you hear the Wii eats babies? Don't leave your children unattended when playing*

*Note: This only occurs if the console is left in the 'upright' position

zerostar
Mac Elite
Nov 22, 2006, 10:13 AM

I think Zelda looks pretty good... I have a 36" CRT HD Sony. I admit it is my friends Wii and only hooked up via S-Video but it does look nice!

Is there a huge difference with s-video and component with my setup?

goMac
Posting Junkie
Nov 22, 2006, 11:16 AM

Is he using an SD TV, I wonder?
I said I was using an SD TV.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Nov 22, 2006, 11:18 AM

Rayman does have some nice moments, but there are parts that just look like crap. The bunnies in the stadium have about 3 frames of animation that they cycle through, for example. I'm not sure there is anything in the game that couldn't be done on the Gamecube. Still, some of the mini-games, such as the ones where you shoot the plungers at the rabbits, look pretty nice. It's a mixed bag. It can be a fun game, although there are too many "move the nunchuk and remote up and down as fast as you can" games that require no skill whatsoever. Overall, I like it though. Those rabbits are pretty cute (and scary at the same time).
The stadium annoys me. In my mini review I noted that the stadium looks like it came off the N64. They certainly could have done better.

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 22, 2006, 11:22 AM

Well, I won't be getting a Wii.

I've decided that it would be not be a great idea for me and here's why: (Bear in mind that I don't have the disposable cash to buy more than one game system)

I have been Nintendo only since the original and I have been, overall, pretty happy. (I even liked the N64) I thought the Gamecube was highly underrated. Could have been better in some ways, but still I love my GC.

The problem is that at least where I live the game availability sucks. It gets a little tiring to go to a store to look for a game or just to browse and see one section of GC games and 3, 4 or MORE of XBox/PS games. It gets worse when although I KNOW there are some good GC games out, all they have are the Mario games, a few big ones like Metroid, and other assorted crappy titles. Where the f*ck are the GOOD GAMES? Same thing happens at the video store when I want to rent one.

Another problem is that I DO love purdy graphics. I have never been one to put looks first but they DO make a difference to me. The GC graphics were fine with me. That changes now. Nintendo has went from #2 to #3 by a mile in this dept. I understand and agree the fun comes first but there are plenty of awesome games in the XBox 360 lineup (with more to come I'm sure) and there will be to come in the PS3 lineup.

Early adopter burn factor. I have been disappointed by being an early adopter before and have a hunch that I would be again with the Wii. Even if they do pretty good, I don't think they will be able to compete with the other 2. Like it or not, PS and XBox have way too much going for them both in momentum and in future potential. Wii has it's controller and price and that's really about it. I think that a lot of people have had enough of Nintendo's "cutesy" family image and their hardware is going NOWHERE. Actually, I wouldn't even give them the edge on price. The combination of lack of POWER and that it comes with NO nunchuk evens it out with the 360 to me. In fact, it pisses me off that there is no nunchuk in the box. (Edit: I realize that I got this wrong) This is like getting an XBox and having to buy extra buttons to play certain games.
Even IF the Wii does well I think that the situation will be similar to what it is with the GC. It will be the 3rd class citizen in stores which sucks for the customer.

I agree with the person in the linked article somewhere here, Nintendo went this way with the Wii because they COULDN"T compete any other way. All the best games in the world wouldn't save them now without competitive hardware. Whether they like it or not, they are not leading anymore. Sony and MicroSoft are in charge and they are taking gaming in the direction THEY want to.

Future fun. I will probably be getting an HD TV early next year and it sure would be nice if my game system can take advantage of that.

Wii is a wait and see for me. I believe that this is their last chance and it looks to me like it will be their last hurrah. Maybe by next Christmas I will be proven way wrong, then I will get one for a lot cheaper.

Now, there is NO WAY in hell I will pay what Sony wants (gotta draw the line somewhere) and I think that Blu-Ray is a dead-end. So I guess that means, put me down for an xBox.
( Last edited by smacintush; Nov 22, 2006 at 11:57 AM. )
Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Nov 22, 2006, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by smacintush View Post
The combination of lack of POWER and that it comes with NO nunchuk evens it out with the 360 to me. In fact, it pisses me off that there is no nunchuk in the box. This is like getting an XBox and having to buy extra buttons to play certain games.
Even IF the Wii does well I think that the situation will be similar to what it is with the GC. It will be the 3rd class citizen in stores which sucks for the customer.
Wii comes with a nunchuck.

Dakar²
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 22, 2006, 11:51 AM

Snippedy-doo
It's obvious you've been a closeted Sony fanboy your entire life.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Nov 22, 2006, 11:53 AM

They probably have different kinds of TVs. I've seen some where it looks great and some where it looks shitty. (Strangely, the ones Nintendo has set up at its booth at the mall are not doing the game any favors.)

The problem is that at least where I live the game availability sucks. It gets a little tiring to go to a store to look for a game or just to browse and see one section of GC games and 3, 4 or MORE of XBox/PS games. It gets worse when although I KNOW there are some good GC games out, all they have are the Mario games, a few big ones like Metroid, and other assorted crappy titles. Where the f*ck are the GOOD GAMES?
They're on the Internet, son. Physical shops rip you off anyway. There are lots of stores around here, but I buy from Amazon every time because I can usually save $20 or so off what the stores are charging.
Chuck
___

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 22, 2006, 11:55 AM

Wii comes with a nunchuck.
Oh, I thought it didn't. Scratch that.
Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 22, 2006, 12:01 PM

They probably have different kinds of TVs. I've seen some where it looks great and some where it looks shitty. (Strangely, the ones Nintendo has set up at its booth at the mall are not doing the game any favors.)

They're on the Internet, son. Physical shops rip you off anyway. There are lots of stores around here, but I buy from Amazon every time because I can usually save $20 or so off what the stores are charging.
Great, and how am I gonna play them first when the crappy rental places in this area don't have sh*t?

There are some deals in real stores sometimes. I can get CoD3 for the 360 right now for 35 bucks. Not too bad.

Forum Links
Forum Rules