Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Battlestar Galactica [SPOILERS]

Battlestar Galactica [SPOILERS] (Page 5)
Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 4, 2005, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Eug Wanker
BTW, I'm wondering what happened to Boomer #2 (on the planet), and if she simply flew back to be with the other Cyclons. Boomer #1 seems to be struggling hard with the realization that she's a Cylon.
I think it is because Planet Boomer KNOWS she is a cylon but has feels for her man. BSG boomer is a sleeper agent that thinks she might be one but is in denial.

I also don't think Planet Boomer ditched them, i mean she seems to be helping him out even after she got preggers.
( Last edited by Severed Hand of Skywalker; Aug 4, 2005 at 04:16 PM. )

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Aug 4, 2005, 04:17 PM

Uh...BSG Boomer knows full well what she is. All the naked Boomers told her, remember?
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 4, 2005, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit
Uh...BSG Boomer knows full well what she is. All the naked Boomers told her, remember?
Well obviously she does now, I think in some level she still doesn't believe it though.

Most of last season she had suspicions but no proof.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 4, 2005, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Briareus
The piano piece is Metamorphosis One by Philip Glass, from the album "Solo Piano". Freaked me out hearing it on BG.

(trying to recall the dialogue from the Starbuck/Helo scene in that episode... didn't she say her father wrote it, or something? hmm.)
All she said was that it was him playing the piece.

Maury
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

iLikebeer
Mac Elite
Aug 4, 2005, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Severed Hand of Skywalker
I think it is because Planet Boomer KNOWS she is a cylon but has feels for her man. BSG boomer is a sleeper agent that thinks she might be one but is in denial.

I also don't think Planet Boomer ditched them, i mean she seems to be helping him out even after she got preggers.
Where did she go though? One minute she was with starbuck and the guy, then starbuck tries to shoot her, then in the next scene it's just starbuck and the guy traveling around and hanging out at her pad. I think I went to the kitchen right then, but did something happen? Did it show planet Boomer running off somewhere?

Teronzhul
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 4, 2005, 09:34 PM

She took starbuck's cylon raider and flew off.

iLikebeer
Mac Elite
Aug 4, 2005, 10:07 PM

Aha! Thank you very much. That had me baffled. I thought another copy of 6 came and took it. All I heard was Starbuck say something about she's stealing my ship!

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Location: Dangling something in the water… of the Arabian Sea
Aug 4, 2005, 10:27 PM

"The bitch stole my ride!"

P.S. In Toronto, they are re-airing the original Battlestar Galactica series, starting next month on Space. It will air Mon-Thurs, and then in October they will re-air Season 1 of the recent series. Season 2 will run from Jan. to May 2006.

Briareus
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 4, 2005, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by RAILhead
All she said was that it was him playing the piece.

Maury
Ahh, thanks.

Nice to know that Glass' music was played by at least one person on Caprica

Scandalous Ion Cannon
Mac Elite
Aug 4, 2005, 11:28 PM

P.S. In Toronto, they are re-airing the original Battlestar Galactica series, starting next month on Space. It will air Mon-Thurs, and then in October they will re-air Season 1 of the recent series. Season 2 will run from Jan. to May 2006.
That is totally retarded, they don't start airing season 2 in Canada till next frackin' year?
"That's okay, I'd like to keep it on manual control for a while."

iLikebeer
Mac Elite
Aug 4, 2005, 11:35 PM

Nice! I knew it was something like that.

I've heard that every episode of BSG can be found on certain websites like mininova.org. Nice to know if you miss a new episode. Or don't have cable.

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Aug 4, 2005, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Scandalous Ion Cannon
That is totally retarded, they don't start airing season 2 in Canada till next frackin' year?
Yeah, but they will play all 20 episodes sequentially. In the US, they're airing 10, and then pausing for while before airing the rest of them. ie. The last episodes in the US and Canada are going to be aired at similar times.

BTW, I just watched the original BSG movie from the 70s. I didn't realize that they said "frack" way back then too.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Aug 4, 2005, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by iLikebeer
I've heard that every episode of BSG can be found on certain websites like mininova.org. Nice to know if you miss a new episode. Or don't have cable.
Yep. I didn't like the first couple of episodes, but then I caught one later on and it was awesome, so I went and downloaded the last few to catch up on what was happening. (And they say piracy is bad the industry.)
Chuck
___

Scandalous Ion Cannon
Mac Elite
Aug 4, 2005, 11:39 PM

Thank baby Jesus for bitTorrent.

Ozmodiar
Mac Elite
Aug 5, 2005, 12:33 AM

Who is Galen? And yeah, I wasn't sorry to see that other character go, although I wasn't expecting it.
the chief

scottiB
Professional Poster
Aug 5, 2005, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Briareus
Ahh, thanks.

Nice to know that Glass' music was played by at least one person on Caprica
Which, of course, means that Philip Glass is a Lord of Kobol.
I am stupidest when I try to be funny.

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Aug 5, 2005, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Ozmodiar
the chief
Oh. OK thx. I knew him just as "Chief".

BTW, the podcast for Episode 4 has been posted. There was no Episode 3 podcast.

bstone
Mac Elite
Aug 6, 2005, 10:46 PM

Ok, sorry if this ruffles some feathers....I missed last night's BSG. I really am in love with the show. Anyone know where I might be able to "find" it?
Emergency Medicine & Urgent Care.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 6, 2005, 11:32 PM

:cough:tvtorrents.com:cough:
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."

Scandalous Ion Cannon
Mac Elite
Aug 7, 2005, 01:11 AM

If when you have sex with cylons their spines glow red why not just do it doggy style with the fleet? More fun than blood tests.

Scandalous Ion Cannon
Mac Elite
Aug 7, 2005, 01:14 AM

Oh and I think that girl who wouldn't attack the cylons and shot boomer is a cylon.

And possibly billy.

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 7, 2005, 11:21 AM

Oh and I think that girl who wouldn't attack the cylons and shot boomer is a cylon.

And possibly billy.
Interesting idea...
We know there are 12 Cylon models. So far, we have seen:

Number 6
The PR guy they left behind in season 1
The guy they blew out the airlock
The centurions
Boomer

Boomer said there were 8 more on Galactica. It would make sense that we'll soon see more. And it would also make sense for Cally to kill Boomer, who gave away the secret.

Scandalous Ion Cannon
Mac Elite
Aug 7, 2005, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by chabig
Boomer said there were 8 more on Galactica. It would make sense that we'll soon see more. And it would also make sense for Cally to kill Boomer, who gave away the secret.
Just to be clear, she said there are 8 more in the FLEET. Not Galactica.

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 7, 2005, 12:08 PM

Just to be clear, she said there are 8 more in the FLEET. Not Galactica.
You're right.

skipjack
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 7, 2005, 05:22 PM

Interesting idea...

Number 6
The centurions
Boomer
Do the Raiders count? Sure, they can be flown by others, but only after the brain has been ripped out. But then, the Raider with the guts removed was still treated fondly, like an animal, so perhaps it is just the Raider brain that might be considered another model.

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 7, 2005, 05:25 PM

I forgot about the Raider being a Cylon. I wonder if they count as one of the twelve?

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Aug 7, 2005, 06:11 PM

Interesting idea...

Number 6
The centurions
Boomer
Do centurions count? I thought that was supposed to be the number of models of the humanoid Cylons.
Chuck
___

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 7, 2005, 08:49 PM

Do centurions count? I thought that was supposed to be the number of models of the humanoid Cylons.
I don't know. Maybe they don't count. Perhaps 12 is the number of human-looking Cylon models.

Chris

bstone
Mac Elite
Aug 8, 2005, 03:03 AM

The whole Cylon thinking they are human and falling in love really has me interested. It seems the ship Sharon really did care for Chief and it was just her programmed side which made her do what she did.

Which begs the question- will a Cylon ever be like 7of9 on Voyager and turncoat?

skipjack
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 8, 2005, 05:04 AM

I don't know. Maybe they don't count. Perhaps 12 is the number of human-looking Cylon models.

Chris
I believe it is still up to interpretation.

On one hand, there was a conversation that went:
"The last time anybody saw the Cylons, they looked like walking chrome toasters."
"Those models are still around. They have their uses."

And then there is this one:
"... I'll just wake up somewhere else in an identical body."
"You mean there's more out there like you?"
"There are 12 models. I'm Number Six."

Number Six didn't really answer Baltar's question because he was asking specifically about Cylons that looked like her. Number Six could have been giving Baltar more information than he wanted by telling him there were 12 human-like models. But then, she could have been referring to Cylons in general, who all subscribed to the belief in an afterlife. In that case, there is also the original centurion, which is the only Cylon that the colonials were familiar with until the return of the Cylons. Apparently the old raider was flown by a centurion.

How did Baltar interpret this statement? If he was the one who left the note for Cdr. Adama, the note only said, "There are only 12 Cylon models." How would Cdr. Adama interpret this? At the time, they did not know that the Cylon raider was not just a mechanical flying machine. Had any of the colonials even seen the new centurion model (other than the Courier Officer from Armistace Station)? I believe the fleet had only seen the Cylon base station and raiders. In this case, perhaps Cdr. Adama would have interpreted it using his knowledge of two Cylons that looked like humans.

But "12 Cylon models" is different from "12 Cyclon models that look like humans" because by the first conversation referred to above, the Cylons consider the centurions, new and old, to be useful models. (Perhaps the note was left by one of the Cylon agents as part of their obscure plan ... maybe to lead the humans around until they found Earth so the Cylons could ensure the extinction of all humanity.)

The DVD makes it ambiguous because that is the title of the last scene, which is shown against the background of two centurions entering the space station.

Someone may be convinced either way, but I believe it is ambiguous until the story manages to play itself out and show us, if the series lasts that long.

bstone
Mac Elite
Aug 8, 2005, 12:33 PM

i just read what you wrote and now i have a headache

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 8, 2005, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by bstone
i just read what you wrote and now i have a headache
Heh. I quit at "on the one hand..."

Maury

bstone
Mac Elite
Aug 8, 2005, 04:56 PM

Heh.

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Aug 8, 2005, 05:39 PM

If when you have sex with cylons their spines glow red why not just do it doggy style with the fleet? More fun than blood tests.
Maybe they can control the spine glowing? Baltar probably has done it a few times doggy style.

That's just it, isn't it? None of us know, and the writers don't fully know either. It's part of the mystery and anticipation...

I'm just glad that girl, Cally, is getting more screen time. I like her character quite a bit.

And possibly billy.
Just wondering... Why specifically? If it's because he didn't want to go with the prez, that's because the actor needed a way out of the show. He had "contractual obligations" which meant that he might have had to leave BSG entirely. Fortunately, it turned out he didn't have to, and he is staying with BSG.

Scandalous Ion Cannon
Mac Elite
Aug 8, 2005, 06:12 PM

Just wondering... Why specifically?
because it is probably the #1 spot to stick a cylon. The person who works with the prez and knows EVERYTHING about her.

He is also rather eager to "make babies" with that black girl. Part of the master plan?

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Aug 8, 2005, 06:24 PM

Maybe Prez is a Cylon and that's why she gets these visions and stuff. How's that for a trip?
Chuck
___

Dale Sorel
Mac Elite
Aug 8, 2005, 07:39 PM

Maybe Prez is a Cylon and that's why she gets these visions and stuff. How's that for a trip?
OK, I think you're a Cylon

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Aug 11, 2005, 11:16 PM

BSG wins Hugo award

Best Dramatic Presentation, Long Form --- 620 ballots counted

The Incredibles
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Spider-Man 2
Sky Captain and The World of Tomorrow
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Best Dramatic Presentation, Short Form --- 465 ballots counted

“33” – Battlestar Galactica
“Smile Time” – Angel
“Heroes Part 1 & 2” – Stargate SG-1
“Not Fade Away” – Angel
“Pilot Episode” – Lost

My choices would have been BSG of course, and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. The Incredibles was awesome, but I thought Eternal Sunshine's offbeat but tight writing made it stand out more. I've never liked Angel much, and I've never seen Lost. I like Stargate SG-1, but it's a lot more tongue-in-cheek writing than BSG. Sky Captain and The World of Tomorrow is a cool movie in terms of ideas, implementation, and 2D/3D artistry, but the directing, dialogue, and acting kinda suck.

Scandalous Ion Cannon
Mac Elite
Aug 14, 2005, 03:39 PM

I just watched the Episode THE FARM. Rather amazing episode, for the first time they actually GIVE us some answers.

Some interesting things I though off.

1) I am sure I saw that new black Cylon in the fleet with the Prez before.
2) The Cylons want to have babies because they cannot reproduce. If that is true how did they come up with the human cylons in the first place? Perhaps they are a fluke or a gift from God? Also aren't there 12 models of Cylons and 12 Moons of Kobol? Perhaps this has some religious reasons.
3) Maybe the Cylons want a soul. Now when they die they just get put into another body, maybe they want to experience life and death.
4) I am positive Boomer did not shoot the Captain to kill him but to cause the chaos as it did and divide the fleet.

bstone
Mac Elite
Aug 14, 2005, 03:44 PM

I also thought The Farm was excellent. Still wondering what the surgery they did to Starbuck was. Ovary removal? Implantation?

The whole saga with Caprica Sharon (I guess now headed to BSG) is amazing. She seems to genuinely want to help Helo and humans which I think is just amazing. This doesn't differ much from now-dead Sharon on BSG which leads me to believe is there a software glitch or is she/they (Boomers) doing a whole 7 of 9 thing?

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Aug 14, 2005, 03:53 PM

Agreed. "The Farm" was great. I love the name too.

I just watched the Episode THE FARM. Rather amazing episode, for the first time they actually GIVE us some answers.

Some interesting things I though off.

1) I am sure I saw that new black Cylon in the fleet with the Prez before.
2) The Cylons want to have babies because they cannot reproduce. If that is true how did they come up with the human cylons in the first place? Perhaps they are a fluke or a gift from God? Also aren't there 12 models of Cylons and 12 Moons of Kobol? Perhaps this has some religious reasons.
3) Maybe the Cylons want a soul. Now when they die they just get put into another body, maybe they want to experience life and death.
4) I am positive Boomer did not shoot the Captain to kill him but to cause the chaos as it did and divide the fleet.
1) Which episode? I don't remember him.
2) They manufactured them. That's quite different from sexual reproduction.
3) Maybe.
4) I'm not. I think they wanted him dead. Two shots at point blank range into the chest...

So now we have five humanoid Cyclons:

Boomer
Six
Aaron Dorel
Leoben
Simon

I also thought The Farm was excellent. Still wondering what the surgery they did to Starbuck was. Ovary removal? Implantation?
Listen to this episode's Podcast. It was quite interesting, as usual, and Moore specifically addresses this question in it.

Scandalous Ion Cannon
Mac Elite
Aug 14, 2005, 04:06 PM

Agreed. "The Farm" was great. I love the name too.

1) Which episode? I don't remember him.
I think it was on The prez ship when they are all together as a large group. Perhaps when they were there to arrest her he stood behind her?

OreoCookie
Aug 14, 2005, 04:38 PM

Even before watching The Farm, I kind of figured a few things, because the whole situation reminded me of Ghost In The Shell. There, Project 2501 says it lacks basically two things to be a complete lifeform: procreation and death in order to protect itself from extinction. It seems to me Cylons right now lack both: all human cylon models' conciousness (don't know about the toasters) will be uploaded into another body after the `body' dies.

That's why I think they let the fleet (and other humans, e. g. on Caprica) live, because they need them to save themselves from extinction. Somehow it seems to me the cylons help the fleet at times to reach their goals (e. g. destroying that fuel refinery, Leoben's comments about the President's and Kara's role, Six' occasional hints to the doctor).

To speculate even further, what if the cylons need to find earth as much as the fleet does, but they can't, because they are incomplete?
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 14, 2005, 04:53 PM

They removed an ovary.

Maury

Scandalous Ion Cannon
Mac Elite
Aug 14, 2005, 05:03 PM

The thing that puzzles me is why in the hell would the cylons have breeding grounds on a radiation filled world? Wouldn't it be much smarter to have them on a basestar?

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 14, 2005, 05:06 PM

The thing that puzzles me is why in the hell would the cylons have breeding grounds on a radiation filled world? Wouldn't it be much smarter to have them on a basestar?
...not if they want to breed a hybrid that's resistant to nuclear fallout...

Maury

Scandalous Ion Cannon
Mac Elite
Aug 14, 2005, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by RAILhead
...not if they want to breed a hybrid that's resistant to nuclear fallout...

Maury
Is that really how that stuff works??

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Aug 14, 2005, 06:22 PM

Also aren't there 12 models of Cylons and 12 Moons of Kobol? Perhaps this has some religious reasons.
Yep, religious reasons that go back to the original series. It was very strongly Mormon-influenced. That's why they had the Quorum of Twelve, Kobol (flipping consonants in the name "Kolob," "the planet closest to God"), 12 tribes, etc. The new series brought a lot of it over and carried on some things like the fixation with the number 12.
Chuck
___

Mac Elite
Aug 14, 2005, 07:01 PM

Remember whent that Cylon revealed that Adama was a Cylon? Could that explain his conversation with the Chief? Why he is so emotional over Boomer's death, well, sort of death, unlike the XO, and most others who felt betrayed.. and instantly hated her.

Ganesha
Senior User
Aug 14, 2005, 07:52 PM

It has just been established that Cylons can't have babies (except for the Boomer/Halo). Therefore anyone who has had a kid is exempt from being a Cylon. Therefore Commander Adama is not a Cylon. Unless, all the Adama's (Commander, Lee, Zack) are Cylons and just made up the story of them being a family.

All this assumes all human Cylons are OEM and not clones of real humans.

Forum Links
Forum Rules