Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Dakar's Halo 3 Thread

Dakar's Halo 3 Thread (Page 53)
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 30, 2009, 01:16 PM

Well, I think I'm screwed for this weekend. It's past noon and amazon still hasn't shipped out my order.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Sep 30, 2009, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Well, I think I'm screwed for this weekend. It's past noon and amazon still hasn't shipped out my order.
Not necessarily. Sometimes order tracking seems to lag (that or Amazon can ship at pretty odd times).
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 30, 2009, 02:04 PM

You're just trying to get my hopes up, aren't you?

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 30, 2009, 10:26 PM

You down to finishing campaign tonight on legendary bro? Webb is down. Maybe we can fit in a match of firefight as well.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 1, 2009, 03:21 PM

ETA: Monday

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 1, 2009, 04:25 PM

The 5th or the 12th?

I finally finished the legendary campaign last night at 2am. A stupid glitch in the game forced us to go back and replay all the previous missions prior to Kikowani Station. That was a waste of 2 hours. Wait, I take that back. It wasn't a complete waste. All my engineer kills were erased so I was able to get the Good Samaritan achievement when we finished the campaign.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 1, 2009, 04:27 PM

HahahahaDICK

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 1, 2009, 11:18 PM

Yeah, come to think about Stogie, we beat the game in 4 hours last night on legendary. Pretty fast. Yeah, that glitch sucked. I'm seeing many glitches being reported for this game and I'm wondering if they had testers give a go before hand.

Still, a pretty fun game. We need to boost firefight now.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 2, 2009, 04:24 PM

Anyone up for some Firefight tonight?

Leonard
Professional Poster
Oct 2, 2009, 08:26 PM

Damn, I started the hive level without getting all the audio files. Can you reload the single player campaign from a previous level or save and continue on?

I had 24 or so of them and wanted to get them all. I didn't realize I was on the Hive level until I got to it, at which point you need 29 of the 30 audio files or you can't get the one in the Hive.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

Leonard
Professional Poster
Oct 2, 2009, 08:39 PM

Ahhh, I found this thread Halo Odst audio logs 30/30 *Location GUIDE* - Page 4 - Halo 3: ODST Discussion in a forum and it seems the last post says you can replay levels after you finish the game to get all the 29 logs and then replay the hive level to get to get the 30th.
MacBook Pro

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 3, 2009, 01:05 AM

So I played ODST a bit at a friend's house, didn't impress me that much. Graphics were pretty damn nice on a 1080p TV though.

I was surprised to hear Captain Malcolm Reynolds.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Oct 3, 2009, 03:50 AM

Mal was actually in the original Halo 3 as a Marine. Jayne and Wash are in both games as well.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

klb5090
Mac Elite
Oct 3, 2009, 06:46 PM

firefight tonight anyone?

i'll be on after the Pens game around 1030 EST

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 6, 2009, 03:21 AM

This one hurt real bad. Our group was going for the Endure achievement on Lost Platoon and as you can see we came up just short. I think we had like 6 lives left going into the last wave but ended up only half way through. We would have gotten this achievement if the game didn't glitch. Our Warthog was stuck on the ridge near the beginning of the second set. We tried blowing it up with lasers and fusion rods so that it would re-spawn at our base at the third set. The damn thing never did. What a waste of two hours.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 6, 2009, 10:17 AM

Well, this finally arrived yesterday, and when I got around to popping it in, I could barely play an hour because it managed to frustrate me so badly.

I spent the first 20 minutes of the game wandering around "exploring" as the mission objective asked me to and getting absolutely nothing. Finally, I start picking off the enemy patrols and only after I eliminated all of them would it let me do anything. So by "explore" they meant "eliminate any enemies you encounter" and earlier previews that mentioned how you could be stealthy and avoid enemy patrols meant "not at the beginning".

UGH.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Oct 6, 2009, 03:50 PM

So by "explore" they meant "eliminate any enemies you encounter" and earlier previews that mentioned how you could be stealthy and avoid enemy patrols meant "not at the beginning".

UGH.
Actually, if you want all the achievements, you can't play stealthy. It's really not a stealthy game. It's more of a "kill everything you see" (except engineers). I guess there are a few places you can play stealthily, but not many.

That's the same as Bungie says that you can do things in any order. That may be partially true, but the city actually pushes you in a direction I find.
MacBook Pro

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 6, 2009, 04:04 PM

Yeah, I don't really care, but I tend to try and preserve my hide if I can. I saw no reason to engage brutes. (And there wasn't – except the game wouldn't trigger otherwise).

Anybody wanna do co-op campaign? Because I'm finding solo tedious to begin with. I'm also up for firefight.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 6, 2009, 04:23 PM

How far did you get in the campaign? I guessing you didn't make it to the fun levels yet (the ones with vehicles). What difficulty are you playing campaign? I would suggest starting over in Co-op with the Legendary difficulty. It's very easy when you have 3 or 4 people. I willing to help out with your Co-op campaign. Anyone else want it? Bogues? This is a good chance to get your legendary achievement.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 6, 2009, 04:25 PM

No, obviously I did not make it very far. Honestly, I'm up for anything. I got the game to play with you guys and not play CoD4 (which I prestiged on this weekend out of boredom. I made it to level 23 by late Sunday).

klb5090
Mac Elite
Oct 6, 2009, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
How far did you get in the campaign? I guessing you didn't make it to the fun levels yet (the ones with vehicles). What difficulty are you playing campaign? I would suggest starting over in Co-op with the Legendary difficulty. It's very easy when you have 3 or 4 people. I willing to help out with your Co-op campaign. Anyone else want it? Bogues? This is a good chance to get your legendary achievement.
yea i really want to finish up my legendary run through co-op so i'd appreciate the help, plus we need to do some more firefight achievements.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 6, 2009, 07:08 PM

I'm good to play tonight if I get some advance notice. Otherwise it's BSG time.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 6, 2009, 08:39 PM

I'm getting of work right now. I should be on sometime between 6:30 & 7:00pm Pacific time.

klb5090
Mac Elite
Oct 6, 2009, 09:19 PM

i'm a no go for tonight but friday and saturday nights could be open.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 7, 2009, 01:27 AM

$@& Dam*&! Sorry for making you stay up late Dakar. We were so close. Too bad Mr. Howdy lagged out (or did he quit?) on the 4th set. That's over 4 hours I've now wasted in trying to aquire the Endure achievement.

klb5090
Mac Elite
Oct 7, 2009, 07:34 AM

$@& Dam*&! Sorry for making you stay up late Dakar. We were so close. Too bad Mr. Howdy lagged out (or did he quit?) on the 4th set. That's over 4 hours I've now wasted in trying to aquire the Endure achievement.
You guys needed my skills, (what skills?)

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 7, 2009, 09:40 AM

It was seriously like playing through VNC last night. I'm honestly surprised that this wasn't mentioned in the reviews for the game, nor on game news sites, as a lot of people are experiencing this.

One solution, its been noted, is to install the game onto the HD (which I'll be doing out of desperation tonight).

BTW, the game clock is absolute bullshit as well. It's "seconds" last at least a second and a half. Our game lasted almost 2 1/2 hours, yet the game clock was around 2. WTF?

bungie needs to patch this ****. Something is up, though I'm afraid they just stressed the hell out of the engine and code. I'm not liking where games are going nowadays. GoW2 managed not to have laggy Horde, ironically enough. (I'd also add for all of bungie's claims that this is distinct from Horde, it's the same damn thing)

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 7, 2009, 11:15 PM

I need all the firefight and vidmaster achievements so let me know if you're down.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Oct 8, 2009, 02:01 PM

I need the firefight ones too.

I should be available this Sunday afternoon around 2pm - 6pm eastern, and the afternoons of all next week. I took next week off work since it's Thanksgiving in Canada.

Today I'm trying to find the 29th audio file, so I can then go to the Hive for the 30th.

I swear I saw an order to the audio files at first, they seemed to be on the way to the oobjectives, but these last few don't seem to be.
( Last edited by Leonard; Oct 8, 2009 at 02:19 PM. )
MacBook Pro

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 8, 2009, 08:55 PM

What's your 'tag?

Leonard
Professional Poster
Oct 8, 2009, 09:00 PM

Mine? MechWolfOSX
MacBook Pro

Leonard
Professional Poster
Oct 10, 2009, 11:23 PM

This is cool! Megabloks has created a Halo Wars set: Halo Wars | Brands | Shop | MEGA Brands

MacBook Pro

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 12, 2009, 11:46 AM

Man, I'd sure like do Firefight, you know, ever.

Edit: Co-op Legendary, too.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 12, 2009, 03:01 PM

Finish getting all the audio logs first. Don't make the same mistake I did. Once you start co-op it will wipe the number back down to zero.

klb5090
Mac Elite
Oct 12, 2009, 03:03 PM

Man, I'd sure like do Firefight, you know, ever.

Edit: Co-op Legendary, too.
i agree, lets do this

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 12, 2009, 03:39 PM

Says the guy who hasn't logged on since 10/04/09.

klb5090
Mac Elite
Oct 12, 2009, 03:58 PM

Says the guy who hasn't logged on since 10/04/09.
I know, its true,
Since college graduation i've now finally got a "real" life job so its been hectic starting my "career" as opposed to jerking around best buy playing guitar hero.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Oct 12, 2009, 11:51 PM

Finish getting all the audio logs first. Don't make the same mistake I did. Once you start co-op it will wipe the number back down to zero.
Ooooohhh, bummer.

That was the first thing I did after playing solo Heroic, was finishing up the audio logs. Took awhile, since the last ones seem to be spread across the map. But it seems that depends on the game, they may not appear in the same order for everyone.
MacBook Pro

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 13, 2009, 10:31 AM

Yeah, I already knew that, but since I beat the game before going to get the ones that magically appear after a certain point, I didn't really care.

I managed to find 24 on my own. Question: Once I start a new campaign, do I still need to complete 3 flashbacks before the rest of the files appear?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 13, 2009, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by klb5090 View Post
Since college graduation i've now finally got a "real" life job so its been hectic starting my "career" as opposed to jerking around best buy playing guitar hero.
All we need to is to get your gf moved in with you and we can just cancel your xbox live subscription.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 13, 2009, 11:45 AM

I managed to find 24 on my own. Question: Once I start a new campaign, do I still need to complete 3 flashbacks before the rest of the files appear?
Yes. You will need to complete the 3 flashbacks before the final audio file appears (located in the Data Hive level). Just use this map to find your 5 five missing files in Mombassa Streets. Pick up a mongoose at one of the supply depots If you want to get through this quickly.

http://www.msxbox-world.com/features...DST/index.php#

Also, trueachievements.com has a couple of helpful videos that show you where the last file is located in Data Hive.

Audiophile Achievement in Halo 3: ODST

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 13, 2009, 06:49 PM

Anyone going for firefight achievements tonight? I'll be online sometime after 7pm PDT to help out.

klb5090
Mac Elite
Oct 13, 2009, 07:07 PM

All we need to is to get your gf moved in with you and we can just cancel your xbox live subscription.
... no comment

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 13, 2009, 07:08 PM

It takes too god-damned long for me to do it during the week with PST people.

I can't believe it's longer than ****ing Horde mode. Hell, it's half as long as campaign!

klb5090
Mac Elite
Oct 13, 2009, 08:50 PM

It takes too god-damned long for me to do it during the week with PST people.

I can't believe it's longer than ****ing Horde mode. Hell, it's half as long as campaign!
Agreed,
I'd like to get a meet up to do the legendary campaign at least over this or next weekend if at all possible

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 13, 2009, 10:06 PM

Way to log off 20 mins before I get home. We could have done something easy like skull achievements in Halo 3. Oh well, I'm going to work on my remaining veteran achievements for COD: WaW later tonight. (ugh)

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 14, 2009, 11:03 AM

Yes. You will need to complete the 3 flashbacks before the final audio file appears
Umm, it sounds more complicated than that:
Hints for Finding the Logs:
- You must complete at least 3 flashback missions before you can find all of the audio logs (the others will not appear yellow in your VISR, and can not be interacted with).
Otherwise, I should be running into the last five audiofiles on my new game from the get go.

Originally Posted by klb5090 View Post
Agreed,
I'd like to get a meet up to do the legendary campaign at least over this or next weekend if at all possible
Yes, yes, yes.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 14, 2009, 11:45 AM

Played a little ODST with my brothers and a friend last night. I helped them get the Vidmaster: Deja Vu achievement. That's a fun one to get (this was my 4th run). I'll post pics later tonight.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Oct 14, 2009, 11:52 PM

I seem to be getting Wolfenstein multiplayer achievements this week rather than Halo ODST. With all the bad posts about Wolfenstein, I'm amazed how good it plays (reminds me of Return to Castle Wolfenstein). But it is buggy in places and no update after 2 months already.
MacBook Pro

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 15, 2009, 02:30 AM

Here's something this thread has been missing for a long time... screenshots. These are some pics from our epic Deja Vu run on Coastal Highway last night. Sorry, I'm too lazy to resize the images. It's 2009, deal with it.

The crew: On the left, my brothers KCrosbie (driving) & Compressor81. On the right, me (driving) & our friend PuppyJake

Here I am splattering a Jackel.

Getting attacked by a Wrath, Scarab, Banshees and Ghosts

Ghost vs. Rocket

The last part is a walk in the park when everyone has 998 rockets.

Forum Links
Forum Rules