Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > I've Got An Open Mind. List The Top 3 Reasons I Should Vote For Obama

I've Got An Open Mind. List The Top 3 Reasons I Should Vote For Obama (Page 6)
besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 12, 2012, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post

Yes, and you will continue chasing potholes to repair instead of trying to avoid the necessary repair to begin with. All this "fixing" and yet, no solution anywhere. I think it's because we won't recognize and/or confront the fact that we're looking at the wrong side of the equation. This errant mentality often manifests itself in arguments like; "that's a dumb strategy".
All of this fixing and no solution anywhere, because the government is not actually interested in fixing anything because it is in their vested interest to keep things the way they are, at which point you'll loop around again and say that the solution is to avoid repairing the potholes while what I'm saying is that that is basically a game with an inevitable checkmate, and the better solution is to either not checkmate ourselves or find a better game that is winnable.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 12, 2012, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
The truth is that he wasn't born in the US, the GOP has irrefutable proof of this but they are saving it so they can use it to elect Schwarzenegger as president next time around.
That's pretty funny. But along those same kinds of thought, I wonder if the Dems thought that if Bush II could be president, then anyone could be elected president, so they pushed BO to the head of the pack. That might also describe the thought process behind the Palin pick by McCain.

Dork.
Professional Poster
Aug 12, 2012, 02:12 PM

Schwarzenegger would make a kick-ass President.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 12, 2012, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by kimosABE View Post

That's pretty funny. But along those same kinds of thought, I wonder if the Dems thought that if Bush II could be president, then anyone could be elected president, so they pushed BO to the head of the pack. That might also describe the thought process behind the Palin pick by McCain.
Your focus is totally in the wrong place, you are expending copious amounts of energy creating this cartoon-like villan in your head when this is just a waste of your time.

As Steve Jobs put it, politics are no longer divided by left and right, they are divided by productive and counter-productive. Sure, there are real ideological differences between the left and right, but the refusal to work together is not due to irreconciable ideological differences because many of those differences have been there for many years now, it is due to the corporatization of our entire political system.

While our political parties are under the thumbs of monied interests, fussing over who is sitting in the president's office is more or less a game of bread and circus. Whether you have the ghost of Ronald Reagan or Obama or Sarah Palin in there, that individual is only going to be able to rally a subset of their own party, and therefore is going to be just as ineffective as Obama has been. Obama's ideology should be the least of your worries, but ideologies are just words and concepts at this point without the ability to execute.

To ebuddy's point, I'm not saying that corporations have no place in politics, but look at what is common between both OWS and the Tea Party, and you'll find it is the same old: government that is corrupt and/or not answerable to its people, and congressional approval ratings sitting at pathetic levels as a reflection of this.

Until these problems can be solved, it doesn't matter who is in office.

Having read one of Obama's books years ago and having listened to him back when I was excited by him and believed that he could inspire politicians to rally behind him, I was of the belief that he had decent ideas, and while you will disagree with that, an earnest desire to be productive is hopefully something you can see if you squint really hard based on his beliefs of what is best for America (and again, whether you agree with his vision is irrelevant to this point). Obviously I do not know this to be true, this is just my gut feeling, but when you have productive ideas surrounded by a sea of counter-productive ones, those good ideas die, leaving that person neutered and powerless. That is Obama right now, so fussing over him is pretty much like fussing over a neutered chihuahua. Your villan is Gargamel.

Fuss over the entities doing the neutering, because it will be your guy who is neutered next.

Dork.
Professional Poster
Aug 12, 2012, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
That is Obama right now... a neutered chihuahua.
Ha! I love it!

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 12, 2012, 04:42 PM

Remember today's date, Sunday August 12, 2012.

Mitt Romney announced his GOP Vice-Presidential running mate, Paul Ryan, less than 24 hours ago. Less than an hour ago Mitt Romney gave the most moving political speech I've ever personally experienced. The speech was given in Wakashau, WI.

This may be called the first day of the real Romney Campaign.

And, if what I saw is indicative of the way Mitt and Paul et al will campaign from here on in, today might be called the Romney equivalent of D-Day. As Churchill said, 'not the end of the contest or even the beginning of the end.' But I believe today marks the end of the beginning.

As I listened to Mitt speak my eyes filled with tears of pride and joy and love of America.

Not only do I think Romney-Ryan CAN win, for the first time in this campaign I believe they WILL win.*

This is my official prediction post.

* Unless a military event or some other global or national event occurs before Nov. 6th.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 12, 2012, 04:52 PM

I'm glad you're energized Abe. I don't understand what fuels your fire, but a fired up Abe is definitely an entertaining one!

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 12, 2012, 05:08 PM

I'm glad you're energized Abe. I don't understand what fuels your fire, but a fired up Abe is definitely an entertaining one!
Thank you. Watch the Wakashau, WI speech from 8/12/12 on YouTube and you'll see why I'm fired up.

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 12, 2012, 05:14 PM

@ebuddy

Thanks for considering my defense.

However, I'm not as willing to let Obama off the hook.

Torture: I'm a practical kind of guy. If you can get information which will save lives by torturing someone, I think you have a moral obligation to save the lives. However, believing this and expressing it as viable legislation are entirely different propositions. I think this is demonstrated by the current status quo, wherein the idea of the severity of the situation isn't reflected. Rather, we play a shell game with the definition and then claim how we've defined it is applicable in all circumstances. Then we claim to have no need for accountability, because we're always above-board.

Bullshit. This is bullshit.

Patriot Act: with torture, he paid some lip-service to his promises. With this, he just wholesale abandoned them. Again, I'm a practical guy. I wouldn't gut the thing, just provide for some oversight. That was the (IMO) eminently reasonable position upon which he ran, only to piss all over the people who trusted him

Medical marijuana: I disagree with your assessment about the lack of political viability for reasonable positions. Obama claimed he wouldn't use Federal resources to ride rough-shod over state law on medical marijuana and was elected handily. One could even argue it helped get him elected. After receiving his nod from the public, he does yet another wholesale abandonment of his promises, for no discernible reason whatsoever.

With regard to your further arguments on MM. Firstly, when it comes to the horrible situation with your mom, I desperately want to say something reassuring, but the reality is there just are no words.

Secondly, I understand I'm preaching to the converted here.

In no way do I think the arguments you provided are unreasonable, but the calculus strikes me as benefits far outweighing flaws.

Side effects are an issue with almost every treatment. Whether the cure is worse than the disease is a decision made between doctors and patients every day. My own personal anecdote about side effects comes from anti-seizure medication. The stuff they put me on came close to ruining my life. I had close to zero control over my emotions. I was either in tears, or overwhelming rage. There was no in between. My dad helped to get me in to see the head of the neurology department at U of C. By the end of the conversation I wanted to kill him. I had further communication be between him and my dad, because I wasn't going to be able to control myself speaking to him personally.

Now, I was extremely lucky in that they found a drug which was more effective and has minimal side effects, but if that hadn't been the case it would have been take the drug and be miserable, or have a seizure and crack my skull open (which is what happened with the first seizure. My head went 6 feet down onto a hardwood floor).

If I can be entrusted with this sort of decision, can I not be entrusted to weigh the pros and cons of taking MM?

I also understand that with fatal conditions we're talking about quality-of-life treatment rather than a cure, but I'd say those are also situations where the side-effect question is pretty moot.

When it comes to the idea of MM being abused, if that's a problem, what about cigarettes and alcohol? The side effects of tobacco and alcohol abuse are death, and these are legal for purely recreational purposes. The only argument I can see here is "two wrongs don't make a right", but you'll forgive me if I question one only throwing their weight around with the essentially non-deadly one that has multiple medical uses, rather than the ones which put hundreds of thousands in their grave and have limited medical use.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 12, 2012, 05:15 PM

Thank you. Watch the Wakashau, WI speech from 8/12/12 on YouTube and you'll see why I'm fired up.
Read my post and you'll see why I'm not.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 12, 2012, 06:06 PM

Read my post and you'll see why I'm not.
Maybe you still think this is just another Republican vs Democrat election. Barack Obama admits this is a very different election involving two very different visions.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 12, 2012, 06:33 PM

Maybe you still think this is just another Republican vs Democrat election. Barack Obama admits this is a very different election involving two very different visions.
I'm not sure why after reading my post you still think that I think that this matters. It doesn't. Your Congressmen and women and the lobbyists that control them (where applicable) don't care about who the president is once elected. Why should they? As far as Romney goes, as far as I know he'll be accepting campaign donations too, so the outcome of all of this is utterly predictable. We've been through this before. This election will be the same as the last one, and the one before it. The public will either be galvanized or up in arms, but once the dust settles it will be business as usual.

Besides, while I regret my naivety in 2008, I can't fathom why somebody like yourself would be all excited about boring ass Romney. He's the Republican version of John Kerry. Regardless, even if he were Ronald Reagan, it's not going to make a significant difference at this point.

I feel like an ass taking the wind out of your sales, but you need a healthy dose of reality.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 12, 2012, 06:36 PM

Abe, please share with us some concrete and specific things you think that a Romney presidency will change. I'm not talking about vision, differences of attitude, power shifts, I'm talking about specific, eventual legislation.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Aug 12, 2012, 06:43 PM

Doesn't *every* politician say this in *every* election? How else are they supposed to feel like they're gonna leave their mark in history?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 12, 2012, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Wiskedjak View Post

Doesn't *every* politician say this in *every* election? How else are they supposed to feel like they're gonna leave their mark in history?
"Hey guys, I know this election isn't very important, but maybe you could vote for me anyway or something? That would be very nice of you"

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 12, 2012, 07:26 PM

I'm not sure why after reading my post you still think that I think that this matters. It doesn't. Your Congressmen and women and the lobbyists that control them (where applicable) don't care about who the president is once elected. Why should they? As far as Romney goes, as far as I know he'll be accepting campaign donations too, so the outcome of all of this is utterly predictable. We've been through this before. This election will be the same as the last one, and the one before it. The public will either be galvanized or up in arms, but once the dust settles it will be business as usual.

Besides, while I regret my naivety in 2008, I can't fathom why somebody like yourself would be all excited about boring ass Romney. He's the Republican version of John Kerry. Regardless, even if he were Ronald Reagan, it's not going to make a significant difference at this point.

I feel like an ass taking the wind out of your sales, but you need a healthy dose of reality.
What the heck do YOU need???

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 12, 2012, 07:28 PM

What the heck do YOU need???
Well, it would be nice to understand what you are asking here?

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 12, 2012, 07:40 PM

Abe, please share with us some concrete and specific things you think that a Romney presidency will change. I'm not talking about vision, differences of attitude, power shifts, I'm talking about specific, eventual legislation.

More jobs. Less federal debt. Stronger military. The end of Obama Care. Stronger anti-illegal immigration efforts. Lower taxes for the middle class and small business. Better bi-partisan cooperation in Congress and the Senate and greater achievement. Better K - 12 education for our kids. Stronger trade enforcement. More new business start-ups. Improved infrastructure maintenance and repair. Better relationships with our nation's allies, particularly Israel as it stands against an existential nuclear threat from Iran. A revision of our nation's entitlement programs, particularly Medicare and Social Security.

Those are just off the top of my head, like the bunny's pancake.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 12, 2012, 07:46 PM

More jobs. Less federal debt. Stronger military. The end of Obama Care. Stronger anti-illegal immigration efforts. Lower taxes for the middle class and small business. Better bi-partisan cooperation in Congress and the Senate and greater achievement. Better K - 12 education for our kids. Stronger trade enforcement. More new business start-ups. Improved infrastructure maintenance and repair. Better relationships with our nation's allies, particularly Israel as it stands against an existential nuclear threat from Iran. A revision of our nation's entitlement programs, particularly Medicare and Social Security.
Thanks for sharing. You're a very optimistic guy!

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 12, 2012, 07:51 PM

Abe, you didn't tell us that you are a book author!

P.S. what is an epistle?

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 12, 2012, 07:52 PM

I don't understand how some people can regularly comment on politics and news events or take part in political commentary and seemingly not understand the relatively obvious nuances of the political scene that goes on around them in plain sight.

Could it be their constant diet of Mainstream (otherwise known as Lamestream, or Left Wing) Media propaganda leaves them ignorant or causes them to take leave of their senses?

I always thought the liberals here at MacNN were better informed than the average American. Now I see no difference in the level of political awareness between the left leaning posters here and the general public. How unfortunate.

If you knew the truth about Obama and the condition of America you would never have asked the question in your post.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 12, 2012, 08:03 PM

Abe, you didn't tell us that you are a book author!

P.S. what is an epistle?

Why EVERYONE knows what an epistle is. It's the handgun you keep near your computer in case you need to pop a cap in the internet. Oh, no, wait a minute. That would be an E-Pistol.

Uh, let me look it up...

A poem or other literary work in the form of a letter or series of letters.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 12, 2012, 08:13 PM

If you knew the truth about Obama and the condition of America you would never have asked the question in your post.
What makes you think you have some sort of special insight into truth? Tell us how awesome you are, I like it when you do that!

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 12, 2012, 08:13 PM

Thanks for sharing. You're a very optimistic guy!
It just goes to show you how much needs to be done after 3+ years of Barack Obama's administration. And mind you, with a Democrat majority in Congress, Obama got pretty much everything he asked for the first two years in office. So, why hasn't he been able to do a good enough job as POTUS so that he could now campaign based on his accomplishments. He has nothing to brag about so the only way he can possibly win reelection is to attack Romney's wealth.

Barack Obama's performance these last three years is not worthy of your support no matter how much you like what he looks like or his coolness or his style.

You don't know him. That's his fault.

Whose fault is it that we don't recognize what he has or hasn't done while in the Oval Office???

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 12, 2012, 08:17 PM

What makes you think you have some sort of special insight into truth? Tell us how awesome you are, I like it when you do that!
I read and watch the news. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Oh, and I watch and read BOTH the Liberal AND the Conservative press.

Maybe you should try it.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 12, 2012, 08:24 PM

Well, it would be nice to understand what you are asking here?
Seeing as how I am the one who is bringing to your attention news and facts you were unaware of and you say that I need a dose of reality, I ask, 'what the heck do you need?'

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 12, 2012, 08:26 PM

Seeing as how I am the one who is bringing to your attention news and facts you were unaware of and you say that I need a dose of reality, I ask, 'what the heck do you need?'
I need relevant sourced news and facts, not conspiracies.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 12, 2012, 08:45 PM

I need relevant sourced news and facts, not conspiracies.
Then start watching Morning Joe on MSNBC and Special Report with Brett Baeir on Fox News and The O'Reilly Report and Hannity. Try listening to Rush Limbaugh and Neal Boortz on the radio. Read from Townhall.com, NewsMax.com and the Fox News website. And then, for balance, watch the ABC, the NBC and the CBS evening news shows.

Do all of the above and you will get the truth, news and facts, and not conspiracies.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 12, 2012, 08:48 PM

Then start watching Morning Joe on MSNBC and Special Report with Brett Baeir on Fox News and The O'Reilly Report and Hannity. Try listening to Rush Limbaugh and Neal Boortz on the radio. Read from Townhall.com, NewsMax.com and the Fox News website. And then, for balance, watch the ABC, the NBC and the CBS evening news shows.
Do all of the above and you will get the truth, news and facts, and not conspiracies.
Why doesn't this strategy work for you?

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Aug 12, 2012, 08:54 PM

That's what he'll PROMISE.

What can we expect in terms of SOCIAL conservatism?

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 12, 2012, 09:13 PM

That's what he'll PROMISE.
What can we expect in terms of SOCIAL conservatism?
That's alright, Wiskedjak. Go back to snoozing through the Obama administration. I mean, why become interested now?

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 12, 2012, 09:18 PM

I'm the better informed one. I'm making the effort to school YOU. The strategy is my routine and it works alright for me...the BETTER INFORMED ONE of us two.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Aug 13, 2012, 03:39 AM

All of this fixing and no solution anywhere, because the government is not actually interested in fixing anything because it is in their vested interest to keep things the way they are, at which point you'll loop around again and say that the solution is to avoid repairing the potholes while what I'm saying is that that is basically a game with an inevitable checkmate, and the better solution is to either not checkmate ourselves or find a better game that is winnable.
I think this is a more cynical assessment of the problem and if it weren't; so much for the roads piece of the you didn't build that argument. Government solution = chasing potholes for repair because that's how they want it in order to necessitate and solidify your annual contribution. Let no good crisis go to waste right?

I think more effective leadership is critical. We might begin to look at the proper side of the economic equation, maybe not as much in maintaining roads, but at least with respect to which side of the economic equation is most responsible for driving poverty because it had been in their best interest to perpetuate it. We're both doing something about the potholes, just in different ways.
ebuddy

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Aug 13, 2012, 04:22 AM

That's alright, Wiskedjak. Go back to snoozing through the Obama administration. I mean, why become interested now?
... he says, as he dodges/snoozes the social conservative question regarding Ryan.

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 13, 2012, 05:03 AM

I'm the better informed one. I'm making the effort to school YOU. The strategy is my routine and it works alright for me...the BETTER INFORMED ONE of us two.
"More" informed is not the same as "better" informed. ALL the conspiracy nuts are "more" informed than the rest of us. Their only problem is that they internalize both bad and good information instead of discarding the bad.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 13, 2012, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Skeleton View Post
"More" informed is not the same as "better" informed. ALL the conspiracy nuts are "more" informed than the rest of us. Their only problem is that they internalize both bad and good information instead of discarding the bad.
Your post makes alot of sense.

andi*pandi
Aug 13, 2012, 07:22 AM

Is he also going to give us all ponies? I really like ponies. A chicken in every pot? Cake?

These sound like the promises any candidate will make. Do I believe Romney will do them? Well, I don't see him being bipartisan. Both he and his running mate are "my way or the highway" types. Has Romney really promised, with a straight face, to lower middle class taxes? I also don't see him as having much international experience... then again neither did Obama, so I suppose it's the Cabinet he would nominate that matters here.

Obama has not been as successful as his campaign... but does that mean I should believe in Romney instead?

He was my governor and I can barely recall what he did while in office, except mentally check out 2 years into it to follow his presidential aspirations. Romneycare of course... what else? Hmmm... Oh yeah, the tax free holiday! Will he last 4 years before getting bored? What's next for Mitt?

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 13, 2012, 08:37 AM

It's gonna be turtles. Sarah Palin loves turtles.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 13, 2012, 11:43 AM

Even if you consume more news, you have a very strange way of processing information, so the net effect is that no, you are not more informed, you are just deeply entrenched in your opinion.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 13, 2012, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post

I think this is a more cynical assessment of the problem and if it weren't; so much for the roads piece of the you didn't build that argument. Government solution = chasing potholes for repair because that's how they want it in order to necessitate and solidify your annual contribution. Let no good crisis go to waste right?
I think more effective leadership is critical. We might begin to look at the proper side of the economic equation, maybe not as much in maintaining roads, but at least with respect to which side of the economic equation is most responsible for driving poverty because it had been in their best interest to perpetuate it. We're both doing something about the potholes, just in different ways.
This is a little cryptic. Sometimes there are real potholes. Not "no good crisis go to waste" potholes, just good old fashion, garden variety potholes.

My point is one I've made many times before: you can't go on about reducing government without assessing value, and you can't replace value with solutions that have no sustainable future despite involving less government.

We probably do agree ultimately, I just disagree with what seems to be your strategy of "cut and slash government and figure everything else out later".

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 13, 2012, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
Is he also going to give us all ponies? I really like ponies. A chicken in every pot? Cake?
These sound like the promises any candidate will make. Do I believe Romney will do them? Well, I don't see him being bipartisan. Both he and his running mate are "my way or the highway" types. Has Romney really promised, with a straight face, to lower middle class taxes? I also don't see him as having much international experience... then again neither did Obama, so I suppose it's the Cabinet he would nominate that matters here.
Obama has not been as successful as his campaign... but does that mean I should believe in Romney instead?
He was my governor and I can barely recall what he did while in office, except mentally check out 2 years into it to follow his presidential aspirations. Romneycare of course... what else? Hmmm... Oh yeah, the tax free holiday! Will he last 4 years before getting bored? What's next for Mitt?
It feels nice imagining the look on your face when you learn, some future day, that when you wrote your post (above) you sincerely believed those stereotypical views of Mitt Romney.

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 13, 2012, 01:24 PM

Not many will have a chance to learn more about the "real" Mitt Romney after he loses the election...

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 13, 2012, 01:26 PM

Abe, so if Romney is elected and when he does not deliver your Republican utopia, are you going to be fired up like this for the next election? I mean, I'd be willing to bet you were this fired up over Bush being elected, and that pretty much sucked.

In this country presidential victories are dream crushers. Don't let your dreams be crushed, focus on that which is/will be crushing your dreams. I've had my dreams crushed already.

andi*pandi
Aug 13, 2012, 01:30 PM

Does this mean I'm not getting my pony?

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 13, 2012, 01:31 PM

Even if you consume more news, you have a very strange way of processing information, so the net effect is that no, you are not more informed, you are just deeply entrenched in your opinion.
I try to approach this activity of posting at MacNN as I would if it were my profession. (Something I once did at a small A.M. talk station.)

It was important to develop defensible positions to espouse on air.

How do you approach your news consumption?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 13, 2012, 01:31 PM

Not many will have a chance to learn more about the "real" Mitt Romney after he loses the election...
If that happens ort888 will be proven right, as we'll all have to eat cat food.

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 13, 2012, 01:33 PM

I laughed my ass off when I read your post.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 13, 2012, 01:51 PM

1. Maybe a fat cat (a questionable phrase in this case) is what this country needs right now. We saw what an 'Amateur' did in less than four years. He increased the numbers of welfare recipients who will live off your hard earned taxes all so the Dems can retain power.
I generally don't try to play the "whack-a-post" game around here, but I meant to address this particular comment when I first saw it because it seems to be a common right-wing talking point. In the last few days my focus has been on getting my kids situated for the first day of school so it slipped my mind. In any event, I often find that personas who do the "rapid fire post" thing are often trying to be controversial for the sake of being controversial. Then again, sometimes they are serious about what they are saying. So rather than guess in this instance I thought I'd just ask ....

Do you really believe what you just said about Obama and welfare?

OAW

kimosABE  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 13, 2012, 02:05 PM

Abe, so if Romney is elected and when he does not deliver your Republican utopia, are you going to be fired up like this for the next election? I mean, I'd be willing to bet you were this fired up over Bush being elected, and that pretty much sucked.

In this country presidential victories are dream crushers. Don't let your dreams be crushed, focus on that which is/will be crushing your dreams. I've had my dreams crushed already.
What some people, (could it be particularly so amongst 'foreign agents'?) don't understand is the intense, deeply ingrained sense of familiarity Americans have for this country. We remember how things used to be before some of these problems we're now facing ever existed.

What Romney/Ryan are/is doing is telling US they are going to try to make things better and they share our same values of hard work, fairness, honesty, love of our founding ideals & principles, reverence for God, the importance of family and many other things.

It isn't a Republican Utopia they are trying to create, they are simply trying to right the course of our ship of state.

Barack Obama has not only taken us down the wrong road, but he has also taken us down as a nation.

Romney/Ryan will fix this country and set it on a stable course for the many. For the most of us.

Those who say that Barack Obama's performance and vision are the best way to go should be prepared to learn they are mistaken in their assessment.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 13, 2012, 02:05 PM

I try to approach this activity of posting at MacNN as I would if it were my profession. (Something I once did at a small A.M. talk station.)
It was important to develop defensible positions to espouse on air.
How do you approach your news consumption?
Are there any recordings of these radio programs? I've love to hear them!

If you were that serious about posting here at MacNN you'd clock in and out and let your employer know where you are. Most employers would have fired you after your long MacNN hiatus.

Forum Links
Forum Rules