Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Coolest AlBook Add Ons

Coolest AlBook Add Ons
wanderlust
Forum Regular
May 7, 2003, 10:29 PM

I'd like to know what you are finding/buying out there to add to your PowerBook experience. Could be drives, cables, sleeves, whatever, I'd just like to know what you're finding/using.

I'll start by sharing these stylish headphones with you. Very cool and portable. Exceptional sound considering the size, but they beat the pants off of anything else I've listened to, including Apple's Earbuds. Comes with their own little leather case and looks terrific with the AlBook and the new iPod.

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/sw1612.asp

mc786030
May 7, 2003, 10:36 PM

Originally posted by wanderlust:
I'd like to know what you are finding/buying out there to add to your PowerBook experience. Could be drives, cables, sleeves, whatever, I'd just like to know what you're finding/using.

I'll start by sharing these stylish headphones with you. Very cool and portable. Exceptional sound considering the size, but they beat the pants off of anything else I've listened to, including Apple's Earbuds. Comes with their own little leather case and looks terrific with the AlBook and the new iPod.

I have a pair of these, really cool looking, but the bass isnt that good. Also very expensive, cost me HK$630 ~ US$80.

xylon
Mac Enthusiast
May 7, 2003, 10:36 PM

Well, my list of accessories is basically all the hardware I had left over from my old Lombard. However, they all look better with the PB17. I have:

A Kensington Studio Pro Mouse
JBL Creature Speaker System
5 gig iPod (original)
Bose Noise-Cancelling Headphones

Not much, but I put all of them through the works. They fill out my PB17 nicely.

[edit]Oh yeah, I am also waiting on a booq PowerSleeve17. It should be waiting for me on Monday.[/edit]

^Thanks to sealobo
Viva le ScrollWheel!

shrink
Dedicated MacNNer
May 7, 2003, 10:44 PM

I thought I saw an older thread on this same topic, but I didn't have a 17" back then, so here the list for my 3-day old 17":

iCurve (a must!)
Brenthaven Shoulder Bag
Rad Tech Screensavrz & Powerleevz
30 GB iPod (still awaiting shipment )

Older Stuff I had that complements the 17" quite well:

Apple Pro Keyboard (Black)
Logitech Mouseman Dual Optical Mouse
5 piece Monsoon Speakers with Subwoofer (can't remember model name)
Sony Ericsson T68i
Sony Clie NX70V
Sony DSC-P7 Digital Camera

Needless to say, my bank account is hurting. Looking forward to pay day this Friday

Ryan1524
Senior User
May 7, 2003, 11:12 PM

yea, BO have the best looking home devices. just look at those phones, TVs, speakers, etc...
but their stuff is so damn expensive...
(remind you of anything??)
Ryan

wanderlust  (op)
Forum Regular
May 8, 2003, 01:05 AM

Originally posted by mc786030:
I have a pair of these, really cool looking, but the bass isnt that good. Also very expensive, cost me HK$630 ~ US$80.
I must agree. The sounds out of these little beuts are very crisp and clean, but if you're looking for big bass, these tiny jewels aren't going to woof out a boom.

Oh, right, I do have a canon PowerShot 200. Works like a charm with iPhoto and a t68i. Can't complain here either. iSync is working very well with BlueTooth.

Regarding iCurve, I've been interested in that thing. Does it really work well?

eevyl
Grizzled Veteran
May 8, 2003, 05:18 AM

neon_duke
May 8, 2003, 04:12 PM

The PocketMouse looks great! Is there a non-retractable version too? I have 2 kids and the smaller size mouse would be great for them, but they only have desktop machines, and do'nt need the retracting cord.

Anybody make something like a very low iCurve, that only lifts and tilts the PB *a little*, so it approximates a normal extended keyboard?

*Edit* Ahh, I see... the Icepad!
www.gtplanet.net
www.neons.org

tritonus
Senior User
May 8, 2003, 04:37 PM

Originally posted by eevyl:
My AluGadgets:
Kensington Saddle Bag (from the AppleStore, with Apple logo)
I guess you have a 12" AlBook, right?

I would have loved the Saddle Bag, but too small for the 17" PB.
SwitCHerland, Europe
17" PowerBook 1GHz | WaterField SleeveCase | LaCie d2 250GB | AirPort Extreme BS, AirPort Express | iPod photo 60GB

Kenstee
Mac Enthusiast
May 8, 2003, 05:02 PM

I'd vote for the Kensignton Pocket Mouse Pro Wireless. Great look, great performance and it's color is a perfect match for the AL books.

eevyl
Grizzled Veteran
May 8, 2003, 05:52 PM

Originally posted by tritonus:
I guess you have a 12" AlBook, right?

I would have loved the Saddle Bag, but too small for the 17" PB.
Yes I have a 12" AlBook, but the Saddle Bag have a lot of room... I think I could fit two little 12" AlBook inside...

Next time I carry my bag around and meet a 17" owner (it can happen in my local MUG there is at least one) I will try it. You can ask Kensington to be sure of course.

eevyl
Grizzled Veteran
May 8, 2003, 05:54 PM

Originally posted by neon_duke:
Anybody make something like a very low iCurve, that only lifts and tilts the PB *a little*, so it approximates a normal extended keyboard?

*Edit* Ahh, I see... the Icepad!
That was exactly my thoughts, in the very exact order when I was looking for the IcePad (and didn't know it existed)

Best of all, when the IcePad is closed it fits inside the Saddle Bag with the AlBook!

stevesnj
Mac Elite
May 8, 2003, 07:41 PM

Anyone know of similar looking headphones that have better bass?

wanderlust  (op)
Forum Regular
May 8, 2003, 09:07 PM

I seem to remember coming upon something similar. If I remember or find it again, I'll post it. Keep in mind, the sound quality of these headphones are high-end, given their diminutive size. To get a bigger bass requires bigger speakers, and thus more weight to carry around.

hui
May 9, 2003, 07:56 PM

stevesnj, if you want headphones with bass, I recommend getting the Bose Triport speakers, they have a fair amount of bass. However, if you are after noise cancelling headphones, I recommend getting the Sony noise cancelling headphones MDR-NC11. Main reason I bought this noise cancelling headphones instead of the bose ones is that they are fairly small and portable, plus I don't look silly walking down the streets or going on the tube with these huge large headphones attached to my head. The Noise cancelling works extremely well

donny31
Dedicated MacNNer
May 10, 2003, 06:04 PM

I have:
-Logitech navigator cordless keyboard/mouse
-iCurve (coolest product and very useful)
-Logitech (usb) optical mouse for travel
-Cool pad and travel pad combo(used at home every night in my lap)
-20" cinema display display (words cant describe this piece of machinery)
I also just ditched my last PEECEE and bought a 1.25 dual ghz Powermac for my home.

Thats it!

shrink
Dedicated MacNNer
May 10, 2003, 06:26 PM

How's the Podium Pad with the 17"? I was thinking about getting one to use on the road and at the office, but the 17" just seemed too big to use with it. Is it pretty stable for you?

tonewheel
Mac Enthusiast
May 11, 2003, 12:00 AM

These really fall under the "necessity" category.

http://www.radtech.us/wildeepz.html

Got a 17". Get these. Perfectly aligns the gap between the closed screen and the computer, and completely eliminates the need for any keyboard-to-screen protection.

Mobile Mod
Dedicated MacNNer
May 11, 2003, 12:58 AM

I just ordered those radtech things and hope that they come soon so i can put them on. Any tips for putting them on?

Justin
AlPB 15" Rev. C (1.5GHz) | 30GB 5G Apple iPod Video | SE S710a

Apple Certified Portable Technician, Apple Certified Desktop Technician, Apple Certified Help Desk Agent

sworthy
Mac Elite
May 11, 2003, 02:15 AM

I'm thinking about getting them too... anyone try it on a 15 incher?

donny31
Dedicated MacNNer
May 11, 2003, 10:28 AM

Originally posted by shrink:
How's the Podium Pad with the 17"? I was thinking about getting one to use on the road and at the office, but the 17" just seemed too big to use with it. Is it pretty stable for you?
Podium pad is more useful that the travel pad --I love it and it fits the 17 just fine. I use it all around the house. in my lap. Its great because it swivels and its adjustable to the height that you want. I would recommend it 100% for the price.

donny31
Dedicated MacNNer
May 11, 2003, 10:29 AM

Originally posted by tonewheel:
These really fall under the "necessity" category.

http://www.radtech.us/wildeepz.html

Got a 17". Get these. Perfectly aligns the gap between the closed screen and the computer, and completely eliminates the need for any keyboard-to-screen protection.
Im interested in those pads --tell me more --What were you seeing previous to putting them on --when I look at my 17 closed --I see a gap and I often see marks on the screen --would those things help this --and I heard that they can warp your screen?

tonewheel
Mac Enthusiast
May 11, 2003, 10:06 PM

Compare the 12" to the 17". The 12" has two rubberized "bumpers" in each upper corner of the screen bezel. This prevents the screen and bezel from contacting the computer base/keys. The 17" does not have any such protection. When carried in your hand and under your arm, you can easily compress the bezel (on the latched side), flexing it and compressing it onto the computer. Not good. These Radtech buttons should eliminate that. And, each pack comes with 10 buttons, more than enought to outfit one, maybe two BigAls.

mosch
May 11, 2003, 11:05 PM

I guess I've got a few...

A Sony-Ericsson T68i which works pretty well with iSync, though not flawlessly (I've had trouble getting all-day events to show up on the phone's calendar)

A Canon PowerShot S.. I forget the model, S300 I think, which works wonderfully, when the camera itself isn't broken.

20 gig iPod. great for the gym, now if only they had a 2 terabyte model. :-)

Etymotics ER-4 headphones... $300 sounds a little steep for headphones, but these things sound amazing. They also provide more isolation than most active systems, making them the perfect way to listen to your music on those long flights, without disturbing anybody, or being disturbed.

wanderlust  (op)
Forum Regular
May 11, 2003, 11:13 PM

Thanks for that, mosch...did a little looking around so I can share a few links for those Etymotics ER-4 headphones.

http://www.ditdo.com/HEADPHONES/headphones.html

http://www.epinions.com/content_64383585924

http://www.headphone.com/layout.php?...afeed=epinions

tonewheel
Mac Enthusiast
May 13, 2003, 03:30 PM

OK, just received my Wildeepz cushions from Radtech. Ordered Saturday, showed up today in a standard #10 envelope.

Included are application instructions and template for all current iBooks and PowerBooks; (10) Wildeepz cushions; an alcohol pad to clean the bezel prior to application.

The instructions say you can use as many or as few of the cushions as you like, but recommend applying at least 4 cushions along the top of the bezel.

The red backing that covers the adhesive is tricky to remove, but not difficult. Repositioning proved to be necessary (trial and error), and the adhesive stuck every single time it was repositioned. Very nice.

I wound up using 6 cushions. 4 along the top and one on each side at the halfway point of the bezel. The computer feels absolutely rock solid when carrying it in my hand like a, well, notebook. No more flexing whatsoever.

Additional comments:
- The gap between the bezel and computer is nice and even, although a bit tighter near the latch. I wouldn't call it a bowing problem, because iot's really slight...but visible when you look at it.
- They're not "invisible". But they're not obtrusive or ugly.
- And above all, they do what they're supposed to do; prevent the screen from bending and hitting the computer.

My overall rating: four out of five stars.

PLUS: Solid screen protection. Excellent adhesion/removal/repositioning. Good instructions.

MINUS: Doesn't quite provide complete uniformity of gap between bezel and computer, but close enough. Makes latch a bit harder to open (controlled by distance of pads away from latch).

RECOMMENDED.

donny31
Dedicated MacNNer
May 13, 2003, 03:44 PM

OK, just received my Wildeepz cushions from Radtech. Ordered Saturday, showed up today in a standard #10 envelope.

Included are application instructions and template for all current iBooks and PowerBooks; (10) Wildeepz cushions; an alcohol pad to clean the bezel prior to application.

The instructions say you can use as many or as few of the cushions as you like, but recommend applying at least 4 cushions along the top of the bezel.

The red backing that covers the adhesive is tricky to remove, but not difficult. Repositioning proved to be necessary (trial and error), and the adhesive stuck every single time it was repositioned. Very nice.

I wound up using 6 cushions. 4 along the top and one on each side at the halfway point of the bezel. The computer feels absolutely rock solid when carrying it in my hand like a, well, notebook. No more flexing whatsoever.

Additional comments:
- The gap between the bezel and computer is nice and even, although a bit tighter near the latch. I wouldn't call it a bowing problem, because iot's really slight...but visible when you look at it.
- They're not "invisible". But they're not obtrusive or ugly.
- And above all, they do what they're supposed to do; prevent the screen from bending and hitting the computer.

My overall rating: four out of five stars.

PLUS: Solid screen protection. Excellent adhesion/removal/repositioning. Good instructions.

MINUS: Doesn't quite provide complete uniformity of gap between bezel and computer, but close enough. Makes latch a bit harder to open (controlled by distance of pads away from latch).

RECOMMENDED.
could you send pics of your set up --or soes anyone have good pics of the pad set up?

tonewheel
Mac Enthusiast
May 13, 2003, 04:06 PM

There's a pic on their site: http://www.radtech.us/wildeepz.html

tonewheel
Mac Enthusiast
May 13, 2003, 04:54 PM

One more comment. Unlike the photo on their web page, the bumpers are translucent, not clear. And they're not domed on top. They're perfectly flat.

Macpilot
Mac Elite
Jun 10, 2003, 03:29 PM

Stuff with my 17" Powerbook:

OWC Mercury firewire 800/400/USB2.0 drive...cool blinking blue light and matches Powerbook, comes with some good utilities

Logitech MX700 wireless mouse....awesome mouse that even works well with FPS games and matches Powerbook

Sony MDR-V300 headphones....great for home use, long cord, matches Powerbook

iPod

Canon S110 digital Elph....I am convinced the Canon digicams are the best combination of features, style, photo quality, ruggedness, and ease of use of all the digicams I have seen

Airport Extreme....easy setup and administration

JR Hill & Co. screen protector Keeps a lot of finger grease from gettin on screen

The rest of my stuff does not really match (in color or design) the Powerbook, but works very well with it:

Belkin USB powered hub

Altec Lansing speaker system...powerful and clean sound using audio out jack, no USB issues

Ericsson T39 bluetooth phone....can't believe they stopped buidling this phone....picked one up on eBay and it was worth it....awesome device that works perfectly with iSync and also using as a wireless modem with TMobile service

Epson 5700i laser printer

HP 960 deskjet inkjet printer

you can check out my setup at

www.homepage.mac.com/kkeyes/PhotoAlbum19

Those B-O headphones look nice, gonna have to check them out...
MacBook Pro
Mac Mini

badnewsblair
Senior User
Jun 10, 2003, 05:16 PM

I've had my 17 Poowerbook for almost 3 months and I love it so much. Best computer I've ever had (and I used to build my own PEECEES)! I just graduated from college (Computer Graphics and design Major with a minor in Multimedia if you want to give me a job) so my bank account is limited. So my accessories come at a slow rate. My most recent addition was the WaterField Designs sleeve. It is really nice! Very sturdy. I just slip my baby in that and shove it in my backpack and I'm secure that it won't be hurt. I also have a MicroSoft Intelimouse (silver to match my powerbook, I hate MS peripherals, but this fits really nicely and works great). I will eventually get the new version of the Apple Keyboard (white) and an I curve I think. I will eventually need to replace these Boston Acoustic speakers that I still am using from an old Gateway computer (like 4 years old), but they sound great still. I'm sure they'll blow out soon with what I put them through! I'll replace them with a 2.1 Monsoon flatpanel set I think. That's all I can think of.

PS // I''ll eventually build a rendering station (PEECEE most likely) so that could be considered an accessory. It will most likely be a dual pentium 4 xeon in a mini case)
[ 15 inch Macbook Pro 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo ][ 20 inch Intel iMac 2 GB RAM / 256 MB ATI XT 1600 ][ iPhone OG (3GS on Reservation)][ White iPod 5th Gen. 60GB ]

beanman
Forum Regular
Jun 10, 2003, 07:27 PM

Regarding iCurve, I've been interested in that thing. Does it really work well?
I've had my iCurve from the get-go and love it! However, I would only recommend it if you have the external keyboard, etc. The main reason is that it not only puts things on better eye level, but also allows you to store things under your PB. That's where I put my USB hub and zip drive. And then it's out of the way and looks nice when you've got your computer sitting there.

I liked the iCurve so much that I've ordered one for my Dad for his b-day, which is ironically on Father's Day as well. He's an engineer, and like most, his desk is a disaster. My thought it to give this to him so he can pile more crap around his TiBook.

PowerBook 17" | 1GHz | 1Gb RAM | 60G

DVD Plaza
Senior User
Jun 10, 2003, 10:49 PM

Originally posted by eevyl:
Yes I have a 12" AlBook, but the Saddle Bag have a lot of room... I think I could fit two little 12" AlBook inside... Next time I carry my bag around and meet a 17" owner (it can happen in my local MUG there is at least one) I will try it. You can ask Kensington to be sure of course.
I have a Saddle Bag for my 15" PowerBook 800DVI. My 17" PowerBook DOES fit inside it, BUT:

1. Only just, and you're bending the flap in a non-natural position.

2. The top of the PowerBook is completely sticking out of the padded/protected area.

I wouldn't dare carry my 17" in it, but I LOVE the Saddle Bag design so am awaiting a similar option that caters for the 17".

pic9809
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 11, 2003, 12:16 AM

I have the following to complement my TiBook, but think they will go much better with my AlBook which I hope to upgrade to right after WWDC:
- ipod 30GB
- Logitech MX700 wireless mouse
- B&O headphones: agree with everyone else's assessment. clear highs and mids, weak bass
- A/V accessories: B&O avant 29", beosound 9000 6cd changer, beolab 8000 speakers - pricey, but great looks. complements AlBook perfectly

4 questions for people:
1. what's a good case recommendation for 17" AlBook? I'd like to use a sleeve with some shock protection that will fit in my Tumi work bag
2. anybody gotten a case for the docking ipods yet? any recommendations?
3. thinking of getting a FW hard drive, any recs? see some positives for OWC mercury drive above, anbody agree
4. want to get an iCurve as soon as I clear up enough desk space at home, what are the benefits?

JLFanboy
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 11, 2003, 10:47 AM

Hey, I got some questions for you guys with an iCurve. I'm thinking of getting an iCurve for my TiBook 400, but I've got some concerns.

1) How securely does a TiBook stay on the stand? How is it held on? It doesn't look like the two little lips on the front stick up to cradle the front edge of the computer. Does it use rubber as resistance?

2) I like to keep a few things below my TiBook. Right now I've got a jerry-rigged moniter stand that gives me plenty of room underneath for a LaCie D2 drive and a Smartdisk CD-RW drive. My question is, how wide is the area between the legs in the back, and how much space is there between the table and the front edge of the computer?

I hope I'm making sense. I'd definitely like to get an iCurve. None of my peripherals really compliment the beauty of my TiBook
(maybe save the Apple Pro Keyboard I've got). The stand I've got now is an ugly little sucker. Big and gray with a layer of non-slip rubber affixed to the top with electrical tape to keep the 'Book from sliding.

Heck, if I do get the iCurve I might even just throw in a Powermate for good measure .

tonewheel
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 11, 2003, 05:41 PM

After my extensive and positive post about the Wildeepz bumpers for my 17, well, I found something better.

Over time, I felt that the Wildeepz bumpers were just a bit too thick, unattractive, and put potentially damaging pressure on the latch. And, they don't look at all like the photo on their web site. I removed them about a week ago.

Last night I was browsing around in Micro Center and by chance happen to come across the perfect bumpers for the 17". They're Dantona Stik-On-Bumpers, part number STIK-5302CP (clear). They are clear, round, and thinner than the Wildeepz...perfect! The adhesive is much tackier than the Wildeepz, and while they can be repositioned, they're pretty much in place once you put them on. And since they're clear and round, they have almost an Aqua-style button look to them. They look perfect and natural on the 17. I put one in each corner edge of the screen.

Highly recommended!

shrink
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 11, 2003, 05:57 PM

After my extensive and positive post about the Wildeepz bumpers for my 17, well, I found something better.

Over time, I felt that the Wildeepz bumpers were just a bit too thick, unattractive, and put potentially damaging pressure on the latch. And, they don't look at all like the photo on their web site. I removed them about a week ago.

Last night I was browsing around in Micro Center and by chance happen to come across the perfect bumpers for the 17". They're Dantona Stik-On-Bumpers, part number STIK-5302CP (clear). They are clear, round, and thinner than the Wildeepz...perfect! The adhesive is much tackier than the Wildeepz, and while they can be repositioned, they're pretty much in place once you put them on. And since they're clear and round, they have almost an Aqua-style button look to them. They look perfect and natural on the 17. I put one in each corner edge of the screen.

Highly recommended!
tonewheel, this looks like great info. Thanks! Just one question: how much do they cost? I've been thinking about the Wildeepz, but they just seem too expnesive.

tonewheel
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 11, 2003, 06:04 PM

They come 16 to a pack and cost $3.99 at Micro Center.

tonewheel
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 11, 2003, 06:08 PM

Sorry. $2.99, and here's the link. They're usually in stock.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0035149

DekuDekuplex
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 12, 2003, 02:28 PM

Sorry. $2.99, and here's the link. They're usually in stock.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0035149
Could you post an image of them in use? I checked that URL, but couldn't find any photos there for comparison with Wildeepz.

DekuDekuplex
PowerBook® 17-inch [Rev. A] @ 1 GHz
512 MB RAM, 60 GB HD, AEBS, APP/PB
"Furuike ya, kawazu tobikomu mizu no oto."
-- Matsuo Basho

DekuDekuplex
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 12, 2003, 02:35 PM

To avoid the Wildeepz-related latch pressure problem, I used just two on the top next to the screen, at the corners.

If you carry around your laptop, which I don't, you may wish to put two of them at the sides of the screen as well.

DekuDekuplex

Highly recommended!
-- Matsuo Basho

DekuDekuplex
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 12, 2003, 03:43 PM

Here is my two-cents' worth of (Big) AlBook add-ons:

* AirPort Extreme Base Station (with modem and antenna port)
* Belkin - 10-Outlet Surge Strip/12' Cord with Lifetime Unlimited Connected Equipment and Data Recovery Warranties
* Radio Shack One-Outlet Computer Equipment Surge Protector with $50,000 Guarantee
* RadTech Wildeepz (Transparent Silicone Display Cushion Upgrade)
* RadTech Laptop ScreensavRz (Display Protection, Cleaning and Refinishing Cloth)
* PodiumPad (see it also at The Apple Store Online at http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL....5.8.3.38.13.0 )
* iKlear Apple Polish Kit (see it also at The Apple Store Online at http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...0.5.8.3.5.13.0 )

DekuDekuplex
-- Matsuo Basho

djjava
Senior User
Jun 14, 2003, 02:13 PM

i just got the icurve for my PB17 (i picked it up at the grand opening of the Apple Store in the chestnut hill mall in Mass. very nice indeed. it kinda tips back a bit if you use the rounded stop pads for the front... i think those will have to go... but i like to have teh securness of them.
http://www.pardonmyenglish.com "Spreading the Conservative Word...In English Only."
RevA PB17 with Panther, Lacie d2 160gb, 4G iPod, Vectorworks 10.5

DekuDekuplex
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 21, 2003, 09:38 PM

-- Matsuo Basho

beachmark
Forum Regular
Aug 5, 2003, 11:30 AM

Iam tryingto get ordered these RAdtech thingies but my goodness that is like hell. I thought a credit card would do but now I havetogo through this Paypal and that alone takes already days to clear.

Radtech should know that people feel hindered by extra hurdles. Especially in this case where you watn to buy some 'spur of the moment' goodies.
g.r.e.e.t.i.n.g.s
mark ®
hanging out in san francisco - wellington - cape town (or in between)
Powerbook 17 inch MacOS 10.4.3Eng • Palm E2 • Motorola Razr • iPod Flash 1Gb • iPod mini 2nd-4Gb

The Placid Casual
Professional Poster
Aug 5, 2003, 12:24 PM

Originally posted by beachmark:
Iam tryingto get ordered these RAdtech thingies but my goodness that is like hell. I thought a credit card would do but now I havetogo through this Paypal and that alone takes already days to clear.

Radtech should know that people feel hindered by extra hurdles. Especially in this case where you watn to buy some 'spur of the moment' goodies.
I ordered through them a few days ago... I already had a Paypal account, so it was really smooth process...

They emailed me about 20 minutes after the paypal payment to say that they had received the order and they were being sent out in 24 hours... I was impressed.

I also ordered a Booq Powersleeve through the link at the top of the Powerbook page...

It showed them as 'in stock', so I got one. I had to email them to see if they had received my order, they then told me that they had, but it wouldn't be sent out until after the 15th of August! Not good as I needed it before the 20th!

I asked for an explanation, and they told me that it was because I had looked at the 'old' website, not the new one. Although they have been very very prompt in answering my emails, so far I am somewhat unimpressed...

Peace,

Marc

alisonc
Aug 6, 2003, 05:56 AM

1.iCurve is pretty cool, and since the hinge on the 17" is very fluid it doesn't tip the stand when I open it like my old 15" did

2. Logitech MX700 wireless mouse. The best mouse ever. Period. And I've tried them all.

3. Brenthaven 17" pro backpack. I compared lots of choices and am glad I chose this one. It's really well made, tough, and sleek-looking. I'm not into the sporty look so this suits me perfectly. The sleeve inside is really protected so I feel like the 'Book is safe as hell.

4. KoolSink aluminum stand for when I travel. It slips in the backpack right around the sleeve and helps keep the 'Book cool. It's expensive, especially when you pay for "express" shipping (still took 10 days to arrive) but it's really nice so I don't regret.

5. Logitech MouseMan Traveler for when I'm on the road. If only they would make a Bluetooth version I would be in heaven.

6. Macally IceKey. The nicest keyboard I have seen or used.

Warning: for anyone who may be tempted to buy a retractable firewire cable called "Zip-linq" for your iPoddon't bother. I bought one and it crashed my PB when I plugged in my iPod. I exchanged it for another which did the same thing. I emailed the company and they admitted it's possible that the cable might not be compatible with peripherals which require a lot of power. Too bad, because it would have been really cool.

Forum Links
Forum Rules