Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Mac OS 11

Mac OS 11
bettafish
Dec 22, 2003, 06:59 PM

Apple is developing their new operating system, Mac OS 11. This new OS will be released in the summer of 04. The new OS is going to change the face of computing forever, and offer a new world of OS experience. What new features will the OS bring? A brand new interface, this means goodbye Aqua, and hello Neo. Neo is the code name for the new GUI Apple is developing, and will be constructed around the Red Globe file system. What is Red Globe? RG is an open source code which will enable superior performance than that of UNIX. Red Globe is being developed by Apple, and will be ported to the new G6 architecture. Neo will support not only Macintosh based applications, but will be flexable enough to support 16 and 32 bit applications in Windows. Therefore, Mac uses will now be able to run Windows apps from within the Macintosh environment, due to the flexable GUI. Restarting is now a thing of the past, thanks to the new plugins module. "Plugins" is a new technology that is being built into the new Finder. Instead of restarting the whole computer with the new variables set, certain hardware libraries can now be saved and archived, and automatically updated without effected the running system. This ensures developers new ways to design programs, and saves time and money. Interface will now be rendered in real time 3D, boasting a new architecture that uses the Video memory to output the graphics. Icons can be resized in real time, and spun around in 3D. Apple will also be introducing a new line-up of products, which will be integrated into the new OS. Lets all look forward to the next OS from Apple!

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Dec 22, 2003, 07:03 PM

Really ... care to source that speculation?

Terri
Senior User
Dec 22, 2003, 07:13 PM

I just want to know where the flying cars are.

I was promised flying cars while growing up, dammit I want my flying car�

SMacTech
Mac Elite
Dec 22, 2003, 07:16 PM

Originally posted by Terri:
I just want to know where the flying cars are.
do you mean when pigs fly this might happen.
i also thought it would be OS XI

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Dec 22, 2003, 07:25 PM

Yyyyeah...

Buh-bye!

tooki

Forum Links
Forum Rules