Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Fix 'Locate Me' in Maps.app on 1.1.3 jailbroken iPhone via Macintosh

Fix 'Locate Me' in Maps.app on 1.1.3 jailbroken iPhone via Macintosh
m021478
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 28, 2008, 02:46 AM

Let me start by saying that I searched around this forum for easily 30 minutes without success, so I figured I would just ask...

Does anyone know how to fix the new 'Locate Me' feature in the Maps.app on my 1.1.3 jailbroken iPhone via a Mac??

I found this post on Lifehacker.com, but the suggested fix it recommends (by using Navizon) isn't working for me...

I upgraded (jailbroke) my iPhone's firmware to version 1.1.3 using Nate True's 1.1.3 Package Maker & 'Run_This', then did the soft upgrade using the Installer.app to install the "1.1.3 soft upgrade" package...

I would love to get this feature working, so if anyone has any idea how to go about doing so, I would sincerely appreciate it...Thanks!

msuper69
Professional Poster
Jan 28, 2008, 07:53 AM

Ask Nate True?

m021478  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 28, 2008, 01:54 PM

Ask Nate True?

...is that really all anyone out there has to say about this?

Professional Poster
Jan 28, 2008, 02:43 PM

Well, you jailbroke your iPhone...

MrForgetable
Mac Elite
Jan 28, 2008, 05:31 PM

It doesn't work because none of soft-updates out there right now update the baseband, which is necessary for Google Maps to work.
iamwhor3hay

King Bob On The Cob
Mac Elite
Jan 29, 2008, 06:43 AM

You most certainly can.

Install 1.1.3 legitimately (To install the updated baseband software), then downgrade to 1.1.1, jailbreak, to 1.1.2, jailbreak again, then install the 1.1.3 jailbreak. It'll take around 2 hours.

See:

[HOW-TO 1.1.3 Jailbreak] w/ everything working (AT&T) - ModMyiFone.com - Apple iPhone forum, iPhone hacking, iPhone mods, and more

Forum Links
Forum Rules