Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > Feeler/FS:Macbook Air 1.6 80GB, Superdrive

Feeler/FS:Macbook Air 1.6 80GB, Superdrive
07Si
Baninated
Apr 23, 2008, 12:57 PM

Hi all, im trying to get a feel for what i can get for my barely 1 month old MBA. Its the standard model that retails for 1799. Mint condition not a single scratch and no issues like overheating or fan problems like other ppl are having with their MBA. Im also including the superdrive with MBA. Total purchase price was about 2,031 tax and superdrive included. My logic tells me 1750 shipped would be a fair price roughly cheaper than retail and you dont pay tax and you get the superdrive thrown in. Im open to offers or suggestions for pricing. thanks.

chippervw
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 23, 2008, 01:08 PM

why are you selling it after only 1 month?

07Si  (op)
Baninated
Apr 23, 2008, 01:22 PM

Its my second computer with my Alu imac being my primary. Like most ppl i really dont take my laptop out with me much so most of the time it isnt being used and i only really take advantage of it when i go on a trip which is few and not often. Id rather sell it while i can and collect most of what i spent on it back.

MrForgetable
Mac Elite
Apr 23, 2008, 06:56 PM

I think one guy sold his on MacRumors for $1520 shipped with Superdrive and a Sleeve. I doubt you want to go that low, but just as a reference point for you to use.
iamwhor3hay

07Si  (op)
Baninated
Apr 25, 2008, 05:59 PM

UPDATED PRICE NOW $1650 SHIPPED WITH SUPERDRIVE. Or trade for Penryn MBP strait up or Santa Rosa MBP + 200 cash.

Also adding a 160 GB iPod Classic Silver for $280 shipped. PM me if interested.

jcosmide
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 27, 2008, 01:10 PM

Watch out for 07Si, I just lost $35 to him for a wireless mighty mouse.

I sent paypal about 2 weeks ago and he confirmed receipt and said it'd ship within two days then he disappeared for a week and gave an excuse of a surprise trip and that he'd have a tracking number for me by last thursday.

I gave him multiple chances to rectify the situation, but he doesn't respond to PMs or email.

His Paypal address is [email protected] and his real name is Daniel Ruiz.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Apr 27, 2008, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by 07Si View Post
Hi all, im trying to get a feel for what i can get for my barely 1 month old MBA. Its the standard model that retails for 1799. Mint condition not a single scratch and no issues like overheating or fan problems like other ppl are having with their MBA. Im also including the superdrive with MBA. Total purchase price was about 2,031 tax and superdrive included. My logic tells me 1750 shipped would be a fair price roughly cheaper than retail and you dont pay tax and you get the superdrive thrown in. Im open to offers or suggestions for pricing. thanks.
So did you pay $2,031 or did you pay $1,450 like you say in this thread?

Originally Posted by 07Si View Post
gettin an air at that price is a steal. I was lucky to get one for just that on macrumors. the dude was very cool but most ppl would be selling the Air at retail if not only 100 bucks off just because they are still in high demand and hard to find in stores. good luck
http://forums.macnn.com/59/marketpla...r/#post3620530

Potential buyers: Also note that ALL of his posts here on MacNN are in the Market Place.

reader50
Administrator
Apr 28, 2008, 01:12 PM

07Si has been banned as an alias of our old friend dannyar. You may remember him, he tried to sell a PowerMac G5 that he didn't own at the time.

Forum Links
Forum Rules