Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Photoshop CS2 woes… -not opening files-

Photoshop CS2 woes… -not opening files-
angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 24, 2006, 06:26 AM

So now and then I got an abstract message like 'It has not been possible to do the task since a program error happened' everytime I try to open a file…

so far I have tried to…

- delete the photoshop prefs,

- reset LaunchServices,

- get a copy of "Adobe Unit Types" file from a back-up and place it inside 'ScriptingAdditions' folder…

none of them worked 100%… sometimes I was able to open a file, and then Photoshop is not able to open any other or the same file anymore…

The files are OK, all them open nicely with Preview… I have tried it even with the Mac OS X desktops…

so I guess I need to reinstall the whole thing…

your advice?, thanks.

angelmb  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 24, 2006, 04:38 PM

BTW: funny, since Photoshop is not working here I remembered that I could open the .psd file with Preview…

Maflynn
Professional Poster
Apr 24, 2006, 06:56 PM

Try reinstalling, that should fix it, but first find the plist for photoshop and trash it, perhaps that got corrupted.
~Mike

angelmb  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 25, 2006, 04:31 PM

Reinstalled the thing, after playing with some files, Photoshop is not able to open any file anymore… I guess I need to downgrade to CS…

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Apr 25, 2006, 11:08 PM

Make sure you remove _all_ files before reinstalling. This can take a bit of digging.

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

wataru
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 26, 2006, 12:54 AM

Nevermind.

angelmb  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 27, 2006, 02:41 PM

Well, I did a second time reinstall after remove all related Adobe stuff… it worked great for a day, until now that it failed again.

Annoying.

sweatervest
Forum Regular
May 3, 2006, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by angelmb
Well, I did a second time reinstall after remove all related Adobe stuff… it worked great for a day, until now that it failed again.

Annoying.
I know exactly how you feel... Photoshop has been working just fine, and then I tried to open it this morning and it would just freeze on the opening screen... I tried logging out a couple of times and that didn't help. When I get home from school today I'm gonig to try a whole bunch of things before I reinstall (like trashing prefs and trying to make it work on a new system account). But seriously... how could it randomly stop working? So annoying.

angelmb  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
May 4, 2006, 06:45 AM

It is really weird, it is working fine for something like three days… let's see how longer it last…

Good luck with yours.

angelmb  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
May 12, 2006, 04:41 PM

Well, a week later we have Photoshop CS2 yelling it was enough and it had to take a few days' rest… crappy app.

Forum Links
Forum Rules