Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > iBook G4 PLEASE HELP! beeping noise

iBook G4 PLEASE HELP! beeping noise
n00bsss
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 5, 2006, 10:40 PM

ok. in the past two days my ibook has randomly been getting SO SLOW i cant do anything. when this happens everything just stops wi=orking and i get the beach ball... then my ibook wont start for awhile. then when i get to the login screen it wont login and i keep hitting enter ind it makes a beeping sound. it kinda sounds like someone going WHOOP. now whenever it happens i smack it at the sides a few times and it will eventualy stop being slow.

it is going on 3 years old. any ideas ? personaly i think something is loose inside it... any suggestions would be nice. im not sure if i have what it takes to get it apart.... ive installed ram in it before but... i didnt take it apart completely.

ANY suggestion would be nice. it makes me mad

Heres the info

Prossesor: 600 MHz PowerPC G4

Memory: 640 MB DDR SDRAM

Airport Extreme Card
( Last edited by n00bsss; Aug 5, 2006 at 10:51 PM. )

QueenOfSwords
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 6, 2006, 05:14 AM

Hmmmm I dont think your hard drive is long for this world. That's rather what it sounds like to me. Make a backup now if you can.

Have you run the Apple hardware test CD?

Forum Links
Forum Rules