Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Wc3 Tft

Wc3 Tft
benb
Jul 2, 2003, 12:18 PM

Well, who has it? I picked it up yesterday. A bit sad, I know, but I was at BestBuy getting a wireless access point, so I thought why not? BestBuy had a $10 rebate on it, so it was only $30. I was unable to install it on Panther, so I played it on the PC. Sorry, I got no OS X performance data yet.

Overall, the game is slick. I like it a lot. I haven't done much MP yet, I wanna do the campaign first. It seems to me at least, that character models have been stepped up a bit, and they look much nicer. If you got any questions in general, I'll try to answer them for you.

mac freak
Mac Elite
Jul 3, 2003, 03:00 AM

I got it on the 1st, too, and I'm loving every second

Though admittently I also haven't tried it on any of my Macs (just on the gaming PC).
Be happy.

benb  (op)
Jul 3, 2003, 09:50 AM

Originally posted by mac freak:
I got it on the 1st, too, and I'm loving every second

Though admittently I also haven't tried it on any of my Macs (just on the gaming PC).
It is awesome. I just finished the Alliance campaign. I love the fact that there are so many heros too. There is one level where you have 4! And they are all level 8 and above.

Have you done the bonus level?

Neo.cmg
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 3, 2003, 09:58 AM

Originally posted by benb:
Well, who has it? I picked it up yesterday. A bit sad, I know, but I was at BestBuy getting a wireless access point, so I thought why not? BestBuy had a $10 rebate on it, so it was only $30. I was unable to install it on Panther, so I played it on the PC. Sorry, I got no OS X performance data yet.

Overall, the game is slick. I like it a lot. I haven't done much MP yet, I wanna do the campaign first. It seems to me at least, that character models have been stepped up a bit, and they look much nicer. If you got any questions in general, I'll try to answer them for you.
Yeah, I couldn't get it to install under the Panther Preview either. I guess I'll have to re-install Jag.

Neo.cmg

benb  (op)
Jul 3, 2003, 10:02 AM

Originally posted by Neo.cmg:
Yeah, I couldn't get it to install under the Panther Preview either. I guess I'll have to re-install Jag.

Neo.cmg
I was going to attempt to install it on a Jag machine and copy the files over. I'll post back if it works.

When you tryed to install it, what happened? For me, two icons showed in the dock but the installer never launched.

Neo.cmg
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 3, 2003, 01:30 PM

Originally posted by benb:
I was going to attempt to install it on a Jag machine and copy the files over. I'll post back if it works.

When you tryed to install it, what happened? For me, two icons showed in the dock but the installer never launched.

Yeah, the same thing happened to me when I attempted to install it. 2 bouncing icons and a spinning beach ball that required a force quit.

Neo.cmg

phillryu
Mac Elite
Jul 3, 2003, 04:03 PM

Frozen Throne is working fine here in panther, but I didn't install it here, I just copied an install from another comp on the network.

xyber233
Mac Elite
Jul 3, 2003, 06:41 PM

No real performance changes in X but it is a fun game. I've been playing the beta for a few months and I realize how much better this is from the original. Too bad I have to always restart into os 9 to get good framerates.

Gul Banana
Mac Elite
Jul 3, 2003, 08:10 PM

Originally posted by phillryu:
Frozen Throne is working fine here in panther, but I didn't install it here, I just copied an install from another comp on the network.
Do you get video in movies? I managed to install it in Panther by copying, but in cinematics there is only sound:/
[vash:~] banana% killall killall
Terminated

Neo.cmg
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 3, 2003, 11:20 PM

Originally posted by Gul Banana:
Do you get video in movies? I managed to install it in Panther by copying, but in cinematics there is only sound:/
I finally installed it in OS 9, fired it up in the Panther Preview, and I only get sound during the cinematics as well--no video.

Neo.cmg

Gul Banana
Mac Elite
Jul 4, 2003, 07:37 AM

arg
this box is my coding machine -> xcode and new apis are good -> should use panther
but it is also my gaming machine -> games not working properly in panther yet -> should revert to jaguar
fate is cruel
[vash:~] banana% killall killall
Terminated

elmer
Jul 7, 2003, 02:34 PM

I've got TFT and it looks great. It's more fun now that you can queue upgrades in the buildings - don't have to look at your base so much. I think that feature and others are also in the latest patch to the original WC3 (1.10). Also tomes activate when you pick them up. The Warden is awesome. Played a 1-on-1 against the computer and it totally destroyed me And you can chat while Battle.net is searching for a game now. I'll be playing a lot this week I think ...

videian28
Mac Elite
Jul 8, 2003, 12:26 PM

geez, everyone has a copy of panther but me lol

Adam Betts
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 10, 2003, 03:04 AM

Originally posted by videian28:
geez, everyone has a copy of panther but me lol
*cough* BitTorrent *cough*

phillryu
Mac Elite
Jul 10, 2003, 08:06 AM

Yeah, movies worked in panther. Great game! Whisper me under "WFCxArtemis" if you want to play on US East.

benb  (op)
Jul 10, 2003, 12:50 PM

Originally posted by phillryu:
Yeah, movies worked in panther. Great game! Whisper me under "WFCxArtemis" if you want to play on US East.
I'll look you up. I usually play under EthelFarberty.

phillryu
Mac Elite
Jul 10, 2003, 01:41 PM

All right. Most days I'm on there in the early mornings, like 5-7, might be on later some days. I'll add you to my friends list.

Johnny_B
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 10, 2003, 06:45 PM

I've had Panther along time, but no install yet. Why install ? Before I always used to install all kinda betas, I even had most of the 10.2 betas. Now I am so satisfied with all on my 10.2, that even 10.3 BETA can't beat it, but I am surtain that 10.3 final will.
Mac Pro 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core, Nvidia GeForce 8800GT

theory
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 12, 2003, 04:06 AM

I just got TFT yesterday. I have almost
finished the sentinals campaign. It's pretty nice. I have pretty low end mac and I've
noticed a signifcant speed increase under
10.2. I haven't tried under classic though.

There is a lot of new things to learn in the
expansion. Should keep me ocupied for
quite a while �

Forum Links
Forum Rules