Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Help reinstalling Safari on 10.3.1

Help reinstalling Safari on 10.3.1
Wet Jimmy
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 17, 2003, 06:26 PM

Hi All,

I think I've made a bit of a mess of things... I was having weird problems with Safari crashing upon launch, and I thought, no problem, I'll remove safari and then just download and reinstall.

More fool me.

The downloadable version of Safari from Apple.com does NOT run on 10.3.1.

I then thought I'd try to install it from the original install CD's, but the only individual packages are on Disc 2, and these are mainly the iLife suite, etc.

Can anyone tell me either WHERE to download the correct version of Safari, or HOW I can install Safari from my install CD's without doing a reinstall...

Many thanks in advance - Please help, as I hate having to use IE...

Cheers,

WJ.

Wet Jimmy  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 17, 2003, 07:38 PM

Solved my own problem - Discovered that super handy tool, Pacifist, and was able to extract the Safari package and all is working well.

Cheers.

WJ.

Forum Links
Forum Rules