Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > A question for the people who switched....

A question for the people who switched....
Kiwi_nl
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 29, 2004, 10:23 PM

Hey ppl,

Im a PC user (boooo) all my life, but lately Ive been hearing some great things about the new mac notebooks, and also some great reviews by many users. So im considering my next notebook purchase being the iBook G4. Ive never used a mac before, except at primary school when I was 9. So I have a couple of questions for all you previous Windows/PC users out there who have now purchased and are using the iBook -

1) Is there anything you miss from your PC days, now that you are using the mac? (eg, the right-click mouse button, etc)

2) What has been the things that you have noticed since your purchase that makes you think the mac is better? (or perhaps you regret your purchase and want to go back to the PC)

jaimzedup
Forum Regular
Dec 29, 2004, 10:56 PM

Originally posted by Kiwi_nl:
Hey ppl,

Im a PC user (boooo) all my life, but lately Ive been hearing some great things about the new mac notebooks, and also some great reviews by many users. So im considering my next notebook purchase being the iBook G4. Ive never used a mac before, except at primary school when I was 9. So I have a couple of questions for all you previous Windows/PC users out there who have now purchased and are using the iBook -

1) Is there anything you miss from your PC days, now that you are using the mac? (eg, the right-click mouse button, etc)

2) What has been the things that you have noticed since your purchase that makes you think the mac is better? (or perhaps you regret your purchase and want to go back to the PC)
1) I miss the PC games and AIM's Direct Connect. By the way, you won't miss a right click mouse button because right clicking exists on Macs.

2) I think the biggest thing for me is knowing that I have a stable machine, it's a great feeling. Everything Mac just looks better and runs smoother. I haven't had many problems on my Windows XP machine but the Mac just feels better. I think both are quality OS's but I prefer Mac for its simplicity.

historylme
Mac Elite
Dec 29, 2004, 11:44 PM

I guess I have always been a Mac guy, but I trouble shoot PC's all day long and work with them every day.

So to throw my two cents: I think all people should be given the chance to try both OS. For some things windows does a few things better, but for the rest of us, the Mac does few things a lot better. The Mac however, always places the end user experience as the driving design for their OS.

It will allow you to be incredibly techie (run most OS on one machine) or a basic uninformed user (the difference here, you wont get the viruses, if your the latter).

Anyway, let us know your decision. Give it a try, you might find something worthwhile.

afireinside
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 30, 2004, 01:25 AM

I switched on christmas. So far the only thing I miss is direct connect on AIM and gaming like already said. I still have my PC for both and intended on using it for games the whole time anyway. It took me a day to get fully used to OS X and about 3 days to get used to the smaller laptop sized keyboard and not make typos on it every other word.

I'm using the ibook alot more than my PC because I love the OS. OS X is AMAZING. Much easier to use and it looks nice. Adium is much better than AIM and just the overall OS X interface blows windows XP out of the water. Its also silent unlike my PC which sounds like a jet engine with a ~45db fan 2 feet from my head and it doesent crash. I've been running since christmas day with a whole ONE restart from when I had to restart to upgrade from 10.3.6 to 10.3.7

nbn22385
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 30, 2004, 02:13 AM

First of all, let me say that i was in the EXACT same position as you about a month ago. I sold my dell laptop and got the G4 ibook.

1)Never regretted it for a second. I just hooked up my microsoft usb optical mouse for when im home (right click is like windows-brings up contextual menu). I downloaded an app called Sidetrack that lets you use a corner of your trackpad for a right click.

2)The thing i noticed most is that ive done virtually no maintainence like i would be doing on a windows pc. I mean no virus scans/spyware scans. I also love how smooth the mac interface is. I emulated mac for so long on my xp machine, i just had to get one.

sgb
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 30, 2004, 06:31 AM

hi

i have been working on (windows) pcs pretty much all my life and got a few at home. yet, i got a 12' ibook shortly before christmas and i am truely amazed. i mean, you read a lot about how nice&easy mac osx is, i never thought it would be this good though. integrating the ibook into the pc network at home was extremely easy and the wireless lan worked right out of the box (as opposed to spending half a day with a windows laptop)
in terms of programs, i can't say that i miss anything (i am not a hardcore game person), whenever i feel like i need something, i check at macupdate.com and usually find what i need.
one of the big pluses is -without any doubt- the lack of viruses and hence no need to run a virus scanner/updates nonstop. since the system is unix based, it is a lot harder for malicious code to really do a lot of damage without the need for user interaction.
another big plus is the short wake up time for the ibook. i think "instant on" describes it pretty well. on windows, the "please wait, resuming windows" wake up process seems to take ages.

after about three weeks of working with the ibook, i seriously doubt that my next desktop machie will be a pc, the chances are that the pc at home will be replaced by macs over time too. (and the windows pcs migrated to linux).

hope this helps.

LukeGX
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 30, 2004, 06:43 PM

I grew up with macs from around 1993 to 2000. Then I bought my first windows computer. I stuck with windows until late 2003 when I bought an iBook. Now I have 2 windows and two mac computers.

Games. Don't buy a mac for games. The quality games do come out for mac but they are usually released later and macs just seem to be slow for newer games (haven't tried a G5 though).
I do not recomend getting an apple mouse - what a rip. buy a two button mouse, swann makes a nice small number, good for portables.

The diverse way in which you can upgrade windows machines is good - although this can be a double edge sword (compatability, endless driver updates, and windows laptops are just as hard to upgrade anyway).

One other thing is image preview in OS X is slower and more difficult to use then the windows equivelant. I would recomend buying Graphic converter or ACDSee.

Stability. Flexibility. Shortcuts for EVERYTHING. Built in Apache web server. Easy to use file sharing. Expose (better then alt-tab especially when set as button 4 + 5 on a 5 button mouse). No and I mean NO virus or spy/adware. No manual defrags. Lots of great free apps ported from linux.

Reset button, whats that? I think I have reset my iBook twice in the year I have had it, and both times it was Microsoft Office X that caused the lock up.

DIGITAL VIDEO EDITING - this is soooo much easier on mac. I know three people who have just purchased video cards/software etc for their windows machine and then seen how easy it is on my iBook and gone and bought a mac straight up.

Linux commands in the console or terminal (not sure which name)

The only annoying thing I can think of is that when you create a word document(with Office X) on mac and view it on a windows machine, some times the images are missing, you have to reload them. I think this is more a problem with Microsoft though. Also the mac version of msn messenger and internet explorer are crappy compared to the windoes version (although IE sucks anyway no matter which platform your on, Firefox is available for OS X)

So in short macs are great. Most of the problems are caused by microsoft software.

I would never turn back. and through my 3 years of windows only experience I went through severe mac withdrawl and began to loose faith in computers in general.

The only reasons I still have windows is for games and because my partner is yet to switch (although her next comp will probably be an iBook).
60GB iPod Photo
350Mhz G3 B/W Tower 448MBRAM 7GB 40GB DVDRW OSX 10.3
XP2700 1GBRAM TI4200 40GB 200GB SATA RAID 1

Kiwi_nl  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 30, 2004, 08:45 PM

Thank you everyone for all the replies, they were very useful. A couple of things do irk me about the iBook/Apple though -

1)No internal microphone (right?)
2)For a 12.1" laptop, its a bit thick and heavy compared to similar wintel laptops.
3)No support for external screens simultaneously (is this true?)
4)Only 90 day phone support. Expensive 3 yr Applecare alternative to the one yr standard. If the machine is that good, why not back it up with better warranty?
5)No card reader (SD, CF, X,etc) - or am I wrong?
6)Only 32MB RAM GPU. (is this going to change soon?)
7)Only 256MB DDR RAM (though everyone here seems to be of the consensus 512 should be the minimum.

I plan on taking the notebook I purchase to class to take lecture notes on. So the no mic issue counts against the iBook, as then I have to carry around an external mic as well.

macaddict0001
Mac Elite
Dec 30, 2004, 11:01 PM

it comes with a mic and recording software.
it is fairly heavy, but more than half the weight is the battery. That is how it gets such good battery life. I have never had under three hours, even when playing games and such.
their is a hack that allows you to have two screens. it is easy to install and uninstall
http://www.rutemoeller.com/mp/ibook/ibook_e.html
the warranty is short. but in my experience i have never had to have anything fixed.
its true that no cardreader is available on an ibook. but you can get a usb one or just connect your digital camera or whatever directly to the computer.
the gpu is rather sparse. but as has been stated macs are not known for their gaming.
it is highly recommended that you get more memory. crucial has a good reputation among the mac community.

audvidsvs
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 31, 2004, 08:01 AM

I switched a few years ago so I could use an Ipod for Audible Books on Tape.
At the time I spent many days trying to get my Windows notebook to work with an Ipod.
Then I bought an Ibook and 5 minutes later I was using the Pod!!!

Mac's just seem to work which lets me work.

Now I am so used to it I tend to take it gor granted and forget how different a Mac can be.Yesterday I pulled my PB out of the case at a customers house and opened it up and started transferring Photos that I had just taken.The guygasps and asks how I got it to boot up so fast?I had sort of forgotten that Macs just wake up from suspend and go to work right away.Windows machines just do not do this reliably in my experience.

I only really miss the Serial Ports on PC's
I have to program devices frequently that require a serial connection and the converters will not get it done.To be fair PC's don't have serial ports anymore either so I still have to carry a few year old Panasonic Toughbook to do this.It is a great machine but uses Windows and drives me crazy going back and forth.
There are also a lack of Mac drivers for some hardware I have tried but not many compared to the available windows drivers that I could never make work in Windows!

I also use Virtual PC and the one thing I don't understand is how it does not crash Windows?!? It is slow but more stable than using an actual PC.
Go figure?

I also don't understand why Apple does not include enough memory to use the machines as this helps foster the idea that the Mac is slow.Once I max out the Ram each Mac I have had feels like a different machine in terms of speed.

I almost forgot also how nice it can be to call Apple if I do have a problem and within a few rings be connected to a live person who actually seems to care and have some ability to help me or get me help.
If you use Windows I really do not need to elaborate,do I ?!

I can't see ever going back.
Plus it aggravates all of my non-Mac using friends which I also like.

historylme
Mac Elite
Dec 31, 2004, 01:49 PM

1)No internal microphone (right?) IT COMES WITH ONE.

2)For a 12.1" laptop, its a bit thick and heavy compared to similar wintel laptops. YEAH, BUT YOU DON'T GET THE FULL ARAY OF PORTS (FIREWIRE BEING THE ONLY ADDITION)

3)No support for external screens simultaneously (is this true?) STATED BEFORE, EASY HACK.

4)Only 90 day phone support. Expensive 3 yr Applecare alternative to the one yr standard. If the machine is that good, why not back it up with better warranty? YEAH, READ PREVIOUS POST.

5)No card reader (SD, CF, X,etc) - or am I wrong? NO, BUT WHY WOULD YOU WANT ONE ON THE COMPUTER IT SELF (MORE WEIGHT). GET AN EXTERNAL ONE.

6)Only 32MB RAM GPU. (is this going to change soon?) YEAH, YOU'RE RIGHT. SEE PREVIOUS POSTERS.

7)Only 256MB DDR RAM (though everyone here seems to be of the consensus 512 should be the minimum. MOST COMPUTERS COME UNDER POWERED. EXPECT TO ALWAYS ADD MORE MEMORY, IT'S PART OF THE COMPUTER WORLD.

Hi I'm Ben
Mac Elite
Jan 1, 2005, 02:01 AM

Thank you everyone for all the replies, they were very useful. A couple of things do irk me about the iBook/Apple though -

1)No internal microphone (right?)
2)For a 12.1" laptop, its a bit thick and heavy compared to similar wintel laptops.
3)No support for external screens simultaneously (is this true?)
4)Only 90 day phone support. Expensive 3 yr Applecare alternative to the one yr standard. If the machine is that good, why not back it up with better warranty?
5)No card reader (SD, CF, X,etc) - or am I wrong?
6)Only 32MB RAM GPU. (is this going to change soon?)
7)Only 256MB DDR RAM (though everyone here seems to be of the consensus 512 should be the minimum.
1. Wrong
2. ~$1000 cheaper though
3. No
4. The one year warranty is just as good as any one else really. 90 phone support? for the rest of the year come here i guess.
5. You're right.
6. Not sure
7. 512 at least. So add more =).

Big-J-Dubb
Jan 1, 2005, 10:08 PM

I switched in june of 2004 and have never looked back since i still have a pc but it just collects dust now i just love my ibook and man once you go mac you will never go back.

You not miss your pc at and you try to convence others to switch and i can't spell i konw but back to the subject. Just remember one thing add more ram. No less than a 256 mb stick so you have 512 mb ram thats a good starting spot for macs running OS X .

Oh one more thing buy your memory form apple or crucial or transintl.com because macs are picky and finicky. P.S. or you can buy extra ram at the same time of purchese of your mac where ever you buy it and they install it also and Happy computing to you and your new mac

notorious426
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 2, 2005, 04:24 PM

I switched at Christmas and I am in love. All my worries of switching and getting use to the new OS went right out the window. One thing I find though is that now that I have the iBook which works so well I'm expecting that out of my other electronics which make me want to go out and upgrade. I'll probably be getting myself a Canon S500 digital elph.

I miss the right click and Direct Connect with AIM but I find myself loving apps like Mail, iCal, the Address Book, and iPhoto a lot more than the Windows counterpart, or lack thereof. If I could go out and get a new iMac G5 I would do it today hands down without a doubt. I hope to convince the rest of my family to convert because for me Apple is where it's at.

I too purchased an iBook so that I'll be able to bring it to school and type my notes. Hope you're as satisfied as I am.

Dr.Michael
Jan 2, 2005, 10:01 PM

Originally posted by nbn22385:

1)Never regretted it for a second.
Thats it exactly!

KianD
Jan 2, 2005, 11:38 PM

I miss the serial port and parelel port, although as my Intel laptop hasn't got any either, its a bit of a dead point.

The OS takes a bit of getting used to, and it seems to be worse if you used MacOS a long time ago (in the Classic days).

I can't use the machine without a full mouse plugged in - years of BeOS and Linux have left me wanting a third button even if it does nothing, and I'm used to a scrollwheel all the time, even in my laptop (Sony Vaio has one).

I don't like iTunes. I can't find any other decent playlist-based mp3 players though, or any other decent rippers (scratch that, iTunes isn't a decent mp3 ripper in. the first place). I don't like Safari much either - it might be that I don't like any brushed metal apps....

My other major problem thats iBook specific is going into another thread now - the speakers seem so damn quiet....

driven
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 8, 2005, 01:29 PM

1) We have two button mice ... (as others have stated), so nothing to miss there.

I *do* miss the PC development tools. I make my living coding for Windows, and teaching others to code. So ... I'm at home in Visual Studio using C++ and more recently C#. I like ADO.NET and ASP.NET. Unfortunately (for me anyway) these technologies are simply not an option on a Mac. I'm still putting my toe in the Mac development waters but so far I've not found the tools quite as friendly. (At the very least they are unfamiliar to me ..)

Games .... well, I'm not a big gamer. But when I do want to play a game I simply do it on my Athlon box.

2) What do I like about the Mac. Well .... so many things that it negates my negatives to the point that I will *ALWAYS* have a Mac around. :-)

a) OSX ... wonderful Operating System. Easy to use, efficient, nice eye candy.
b) No spyware, no viruses. (At least none that have affected me!) This is starting to be a HUGE problem on my windows machines ...
c) Good hardware value. Apple's quite competitive lately unless you are looking at bargain basement PC hardware. On the laptop front I think Apple's a far better value.
d) VIDEO EDITING! This was the primary reason that I purchased my Mac. We actually WATCH our family videos now! (The Mac makes it so easy to create videos that are actually fun to watch.)
e) I like the iApps. Notably iMovie and iDVD.
f) iTunes ... but it's a moot point since it's also available on Windows.

much more .... but I've got to run ...
- MacBook Air M2 16GB / 512GB
- MacBook Pro 16" i9 2.4Ghz 32GB / 1TB
- MacBook Pro 15" i7 2.9Ghz 16GB / 512GB
- iMac i5 3.2Ghz 1TB
- G4 Cube 500Mhz / Shelf display unit / Museum display

one sick puppy
Jan 8, 2005, 05:14 PM

Hey ppl,

- The Mac mouse acceleration sucks.
- If you thought Windows XP was a ram hog, wait till you try OSX.
- Nobody codes any free software for Macs so if you want functionality that doesn't come with OSX, expect to pay for even the simplest software.
- There's an easy way to customize almost everything in Windows, however OSX allows you only slightly more than a Nintendo.
- resizing windows in OSX is really strange, especially trying to maximize a window to take up the whole screen

- neither OS is "better", its more a matter of preference. My beefs are mostly the lack of ability to customize the OS, etc.
- I don't regret my purchase other than buying from London Drugs, who provide absolutely NO technical support, and just tell you to talk to Apple... in which case I should have just bought the comp from Apple.
- I only bought my iBook for taking notes at school because it is quiet and small. There are no PC's in this price range that are better for school work.

Running MS Office 2004 on an iBook feels like running Office 2K on a first generation Pentium.

iluvmymactoo
Forum Regular
Jan 8, 2005, 05:31 PM

Read this short article about Gates' recent presentation at the current CES

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...019EST0249.DTL

The window$ based computer crashed twice! One of the reasons was because of lack of memory.

Macs don't have to have to be as beafed up as peecees simply because the OS isn't as bloated and CPU/RAM hogging as window$. The Mac OS operates far more efficiently which means you can focus on getting your work done.
PowerBook 12" Combo 1.5Ghz 1.25GB Ram 100GB HDD - Yep it's PPC! I'll wait for the 3rd generation MacTel when they're at their best :)

LukeGX
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 8, 2005, 09:24 PM

Umm, okay. Because it is faster and more precise then windows acceleration?

My clean install of Windows XP uses 200MB of ram when idle with no other apps running. My 2 year old install of OSX uses 140MB of ram with noip and earthdesk running.

- Nobody codes any free software for Macs so if you want functionality that doesn't come with OSX, expect to pay for even the simplest software.
From my experience this couldn't be further from the truth. OSX has heaps of functinality built in and there are heaps of good free apps, even on Apple's own website. Don't know where you got this idea from?

- There's an easy way to customize almost everything in Windows, however OSX allows you only slightly more than a Nintendo.
This is wrong. Obviously you havent tried dragging apps/docs/shortcuts etc into toolbars for each window, applescripts, changing view options or many of the FREE 3rd party customisation apps.

- resizing windows in OSX is really strange, especially trying to maximize a window to take up the whole screen
Yes, not being able to fill the whole screen on a mac can be hard for pc users to adjust too.
60GB iPod Photo

driven
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 8, 2005, 09:36 PM

Originally posted by LukeGX:
Athlon 2.7GHz 1GB RAM GF4TI4200 200GB SATA RAID 1 XandrOS 3.0
Athlon 2.7 Ghz?

I have to assume that this is massively overclocked?
- iMac i5 3.2Ghz 1TB

macaddict0001
Mac Elite
Jan 8, 2005, 10:03 PM

I would assume that he means amd 64 some of which ship rated for 2.6

driven
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 8, 2005, 10:17 PM

Originally posted by macaddict0001:
I would assume that he means amd 64 some of which ship rated for 2.6
But even that runs at 2.2something Ghz....
- iMac i5 3.2Ghz 1TB

macaddict0001
Mac Elite
Jan 8, 2005, 11:26 PM

There are some that run at 2.6 with the new sledgehammer core but they cost insane amounts of money.

wataru
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 9, 2005, 05:17 AM

Originally posted by one sick puppy:
That is a complete and utter lie. There is tons of free software for Macs. In fact I bet you there's more for Macs than Windows--the Windows shareware scene is dead, and all the freeware is full of trojans. OS X not only has a vibrant shareware community, but also the strength of its *NIX core, which means thousands and thousands of free software titles.
That's because there's little point in maximizing anything to take up the whole screen. Only recent switchers who are bent on fighting the OS complain about this one.
Running MS Office 2004 on an iBook feels like running Office 2K on a first generation Pentium.
Sounds like you don't have enough RAM, or you have a hardware problem.

LukeGX
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 10, 2005, 11:08 PM

Athlon 2.7 Ghz?
doh, I wrote ghz instead of XP. Me feels stupid. Fixed now, thanks.
60GB iPod Photo

Hi I'm Ben
Mac Elite
Jan 10, 2005, 11:32 PM

Originally posted by iluvmymactoo:
Read this short article about Gates' recent presentation at the current CES

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...019EST0249.DTL

The window$ based computer crashed twice! One of the reasons was because of lack of memory.

Macs don't have to have to be as beafed up as peecees simply because the OS isn't as bloated and CPU/RAM hogging as window$. The Mac OS operates far more efficiently which means you can focus on getting your work done.
lol, Mac OS X isn't a ram hog? Not as much as windows? I'd say it's more of a ram hog in that area.

discotronic
Mac Elite
Jan 11, 2005, 02:52 AM

- neither OS is "better", its more a matter of preference. My beefs are mostly the lack of ability to customize the OS, etc.
- I don't regret my purchase other than buying from London Drugs, who provide absolutely NO technical support, and just tell you to talk to Apple... in which case I should have just bought the comp from Apple.
- I only bought my iBook for taking notes at school because it is quiet and small. There are no PC's in this price range that are better for school work.

You sound very similar to a troll. I've seen some of you past postings and I have to say that you have not been of much help to anyone. This post just proves it. Instead of letting your ignorance shine through please do some research before spouting off so much misinformation.

It's good that you have an opinion and an opinion is always welcome here. A troll isn't welcome here. If that is what you are please find another forum.

Homer S.
Jan 11, 2005, 02:58 AM

hi, im not asking something bout the post.. but im looking for an opinion. do u guys like the gaming on the 12.1 screen of the ibook?

iluvmymactoo
Forum Regular
Jan 11, 2005, 03:04 AM

Dude what planet are you living on? You have obviously not used a Mac before.
PowerBook 12" Combo 1.5Ghz 1.25GB Ram 100GB HDD - Yep it's PPC! I'll wait for the 3rd generation MacTel when they're at their best :)

discotronic
Mac Elite
Jan 11, 2005, 03:29 AM

Hey ppl,

I use both platforms daily. For me there isn't anything software related that Windows offers that I can't do on my Mac except viruses or spyware/adware. Games are not a big issue for me. The games I have played have all been great titles except maybe Halo which is just a really bad port. 256MB stock RAM isn't enough. At least 512MB is required to actually get by in my opinion.

One of the things I like about a PC is third party hardware and software prices. Upgrading processors and video cards is cheaper for the most part (but not always) on a PC. The price of games stay higher longer for the Mac. Medal of Honor with Spearhead and Breakthrough (sold separate) would run you $79.99 on the Mac while it would run you $39.99 for a PC.

As for the form factor of the iBook I don't see where you would be going wrong. For the price you get very long battery life, a 32MB graphics card (not the crap Intel shared graphics), light weight, and durable. The warranty is one year with 90 days free phone support. You can take the laptop into an Apple Store within the first year and get support that way also. Lack of a SuperDrive option on the 12" model can be a drawback. Compare a $999 PC laptop with the iBook and see what kind of differences there are. You might be surprised what you come up with.

If I never touched a PC again I would be a happy man. OSX is the greatest OS in the world IMHO. I gave my mother my old iBook. I wouldn't make her use a Windows PC for anything. With all the viruses, spy-ware, and security issues that plague Windows it just isn't worth the risk. Besides that, I would be the one to fix it.

Good luck in your decision.

d0GGii
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 15, 2005, 10:53 PM

any ibookers has a noisy harddrive like me?

is HDD under the affect of AppleCare? my HDD is really cracking me up

btw my ibook was purchased last month

far200
Forum Regular
Jan 21, 2005, 03:53 AM

Well lets see what I miss from my PC.....umm...

Well I miss having new security updates everyday....I miss all those new viruses that crash your computer ( I don't have much to say at the water cooler these days.) The blue screen of death...LoL... Well enough with the bashing...

I really don't miss much from my PC I find that I can do everything on my mac. I even have some games ( only for when I travel.) My ibook has worked so well for me that I just sold my old PC as I don't need it. But the only disadvantage I could see would be the gaming thing. But I have an xbox for that so I don't really care.

hope you find your ibook as productive as I have found mine.

Forum Links
Forum Rules