Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Team MacNN > F@H 5 CLI taking the Tiger down?

F@H 5 CLI taking the Tiger down?
DrBoar
Senior User
May 17, 2005, 10:27 AM

Since installing 10.4 I have had about 5-8 kernel panics/system lockups. (I use to run F@H 24/7 on that box) .

Prior to that I have had every X version from the public beta to 10.3.9 and over the years I only have had in total 2 lockups.

I use the latest CLI and use the repair file permissons now and then. Any one else having trouble with F@H and Tiger?

On a more happy note I have added two PIII/733 and a P4/3 GHz running 24/7 and I have good hope of adding two 1.8 Hz G5 soon. I am tired of being stuck at 16 in the team stat

Welnic
Forum Regular
May 17, 2005, 11:20 AM

I haven't had any problems, but I only have F@H running on one rig and it isn't really doing anything else right now. When I have had trouble in the past with updates or a full new install I think it was always because there was something corrupted before that just didn't show up. I would just not run F@H for while and see if that fixes it.

billybob128
Senior User
May 18, 2005, 02:22 PM

if this is the case im goin to hold goin to 10.4 till i hear more posotive feed back on F@H running on it!!

i know the feeling stuck at 17th and i NEED to find extra power from somewhere!!

MacbookPro dual 2Ghz 1GB Ram 128 Graphics

Scotttheking
Moderator Emeritus
May 18, 2005, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by DrBoar
Since installing 10.4 I have had about 5-8 kernel panics/system lockups. (I use to run F@H 24/7 on that box) .

Prior to that I have had every X version from the public beta to 10.3.9 and over the years I only have had in total 2 lockups.

I use the latest CLI and use the repair file permissons now and then. Any one else having trouble with F@H and Tiger?

On a more happy note I have added two PIII/733 and a P4/3 GHz running 24/7 and I have good hope of adding two 1.8 Hz G5 soon. I am tired of being stuck at 16 in the team stat

Stop running f@h and see if it still happens...
Then format and try running f@h again and see if it works.

DrBoar  (op)
Senior User
May 30, 2005, 04:15 AM

Also some games took the computer down. It all seems to be heat rellated. The fan on my GigaDesign 1.2 Ghz G4 died a while ago I then got a new one from GD that seem to run a tad slower, that in combination with 10.4 or something else made the CPU to hot. I now use a 15mm deep PABST fan that run the CPU heat sink a bot cooler and now it works 25/7 again.
The snag is that I can not close the door properly. I will have to remove the ZIP drive and the bay holding it as well.
Perhaps I should use that to create a vent hmm....

I am still stuck at number 16 but now I have 3 P III heading my way to be folding 24/7

Forum Links
Forum Rules