Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Powerbook dropped and dented!

Powerbook dropped and dented!
lAwrencex
Forum Regular
Jun 10, 2005, 11:29 PM

so the strap on my bag broke, sending it's contents plumeting to the floor, most important of which was my lovely 15 inch albook. it was inside the bag with foam rubber egg crating around it and inside a powerbook sleeve but still got horrifically dented. it landed right on it's corner where the power supply adapter gets pluged in. anyway, it has a huge dent now directly on the corner and the metal casing along the side is warped and sticks out. is there anything i can do? has this happened to anyone else? it mind numbing to look at, i treated it like a baby for 8 months and then this happens and now i almost (repeat almost) don't even care about it anymore. help!
17" aluminum powerbook/ 1.67 / 100 gig / superdrive

vinster
Senior User
Jun 10, 2005, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by lAwrencex
so the strap on my bag broke, sending it's contents plumeting to the floor, most important of which was my lovely 15 inch albook. it was inside the bag with foam rubber egg crating around it and inside a powerbook sleeve but still got horrifically dented. it landed right on it's corner where the power supply adapter gets pluged in. anyway, it has a huge dent now directly on the corner and the metal casing along the side is warped and sticks out. is there anything i can do? has this happened to anyone else? it mind numbing to look at, i treated it like a baby for 8 months and then this happens and now i almost (repeat almost) don't even care about it anymore. help!
Can you take a picture and post for us to see?

If it's working, you could take your chances and carefully try to bend ti back into shape. Won't be perfect, but you may get it working well. Otherwise, you can send it to Apple and get an estimate to fix and take it from there.

Good luck either way.

Phossil
Jun 11, 2005, 12:18 AM

I'd remove the dented parts and carefully go at them with a hammer to bend it back into shape. Aluminum is easy to bend, so if you have a flat surface and a hammer it could be repaired to at least a more asthetically pleasing look fairly easily.

Forum Links
Forum Rules