Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > halo troubles

halo troubles
billybob128
Senior User
Jul 29, 2005, 01:41 PM

i know this is more herdware related but it started after i just got halo.

after playing for about 2-3 hrs straight the game goes all jumpy i can only assume that is cause the frame rate has gone from about 35 to about 10 fps.

its running on my dual 2ghz with 512mb ram and a radeon 9800 (128vram), a while ago i got a new cooling device for my radeon thatis supposed to keep it cooler.

the problem i think i have however is that after 2-3hrs game play the card is burning up to the point where i cant touch it because its to hot (im talkin hotter than my black car after its been sat in the sun for a day). if i leave my comp for a while to cool down as it were and come back to it it runs again no problems for about 2-3 hrs when the whole problem is repeated.

can anyone sugest a way to allow me to have a proper 6-7hr halo sesh with out any breaks?
tia

MacbookPro dual 2Ghz 1GB Ram 128 Graphics

danman
Forum Regular
Jul 29, 2005, 02:56 PM

RMA it. Sound slike the fan is faulty.

Replace the fan with an aftermarket cooler. Arctic Silencers work OK and are quieter.

Take off the fan and add some Arctic Silver grease to the GPU. Put the fan back on.

Forum Links
Forum Rules