Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > samsung a900 problems

samsung a900 problems
zero1207
Jan 14, 2006, 02:33 PM

I have a few problems with my new phone. It includes a usb cord to connect the phone to my computer and the manual says to download a driver for it at some website. They don't have a driver for macs tho. I called and they didn't know if one was being developed or not. Does anyone have any ideas for what I could do, or am I just stuck waiting to see if they make a driver for mac. Second question. I do have bluetooth and I can connect my phone to my computer that way, but when I transfer a music file (mp3) to my phone, the mass storage folder reflects that i have used 2.3MB (music file size), but shows the folder to be empty. Does anyone know where my song might have gone? Thanks in advance for any help. Oh but also despite the usb driver stuff this is a pretty good phone, works nice for me.

lookmark
Mac Elite
Feb 2, 2006, 03:55 PM

(bump)

I'm interested in purchasing this phone, but am curious if it works well with a Mac.

Thanks...

aaronmil
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 11, 2006, 02:24 AM

So

If you use Bluetooth to transfer files to your phone, they go into a directory within BLUETOOTH called Vcard

If you go to Mass Storage and select "Connect to PC" when you are plugged in to a Mac via the USB cable, then the phone is mounted and you can copy things OFF the phone, but apparently not ON to the phone, and I can't figure out how to move things like .mp3s from the Vcar directory to the "MEDIA" or "Music" directories, which is where they presumably need to be in order for the Media Player on the phone to access them (therefore I don't know if it will even play random .mp3s you copy off your computer on to the phone). Anyone able to figure these things out yet?

easyc
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 11, 2006, 10:03 PM

I got the blade with the assumption its bluetooth would not work with my mac... but alas it DOES! I will start by saying you are limited to its paltry 70mb of memory. You can get your files to your computer via bluetooth. First go to your phone's bluetooth's settings and change your FTP folder to media (menu>settings>bluetooth>Exchange FTP folder> set as MEDIA. Then make sure the phone's bluetooth is VISIBLE and Enabled... both located in menu>settings>bluetooth... Then pair your computer with the phone using "set up a bluetooth device" in your mac's bluetooth preferences. Once those steps are done, you can simply either send your (mp3 or AAC) music file to the computer using your mac's bluetooth file exchange (either "send file" or "browse device").
I haven't done this in a while, but the steps should still work even if you have done the latest firmware update. I would also say that alot of time Howardforums.com has this kind of info easy to find.
Cheers
G4 MDD: 1.25GHz, 2GB, 256mb VRAM, 1TB HD space, 23" Cinema
12" PB: 1.3GHz 1.25GB, & 100GB Momentus 7200.1

Forum Links
Forum Rules