Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > iMac: buy now or wait for a revision??

iMac: buy now or wait for a revision??
Betox
Dedicated MacNNer
May 1, 2007, 04:33 PM

What do you guys think? Is there a rumor of a recent revision to the current iMac line?
( Last edited by Betox; May 1, 2007 at 04:50 PM. )
--
QuickSilver 800 Mhz / iBook 500 Mhz / Original 5GB iPod / iPod Shuffle 512 / Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger >> And it IS snappy!

APPLEFAN08
May 1, 2007, 05:18 PM

I'm waiting since I'm getting mine in June. So I'll wait until after the WWDC and see what news is in for the iMac, if any. If they come out with the black iMac I have been hearing about I'll be getting that one with no doubt in my mind. I'm waiting its just up to you saying to yourself how bad you need it or if you can wait.

Betox  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 1, 2007, 05:57 PM

Dammit!! I didnt wanted to wait that much. But I will. Thank man.
--
QuickSilver 800 Mhz / iBook 500 Mhz / Original 5GB iPod / iPod Shuffle 512 / Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger >> And it IS snappy!

mduell
Posting Junkie
May 1, 2007, 05:58 PM

Yes, the iMacs use the mobile chips and chipset, which has a big upgrade coming on May 9th. Numerous other OEMs have already announced upgraded laptops based on the new platform.

ESavage
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 1, 2007, 06:40 PM

After WWDC its going to be all IPhone so if nothing comes out by June 11 it could be as long as October be for we see anything.

Betox  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 2, 2007, 11:24 PM

It's true... I hope they come out by June 11.
If not it's going to be a looooong wait!
--

Betox  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 5, 2007, 10:35 AM

There are rumors that Apple is going to make the 20" iMac the entry level!!! If this is true, I wouldn't buy the 17" now...
--

m4c
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 7, 2007, 03:49 AM

wait at all cost

Betox  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 7, 2007, 09:39 AM

Do you have any link to a site that supports that new iMacs are comming in June??
--

ESavage
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 7, 2007, 10:04 AM

here is a link

LoopRumors
Posted on May 3rd

Here I Will save you some time:
LOOPRumors is hearing rumblings that Apple may be planning to introduce new iMacs at this year's WWDC. Previous reports indicated that Apple was preparing a black iMac following the success of the black iPods. The new machines are said so be housed in a much slimmer form factor, be faster, with larger displays and be ready for the Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) in June.

An introduction of new iMacs would be a 'one more thing' surprise that is long overdue for the company's all-in-one computer. The last time Apple updated the iMac was in September when it added a 24-inch model to its line.

Apple also plans to showcase Leopard during Steve Jobs' keynote address. Recently, Apple has become more revealing about their future plans and product releases, showcasing Apple TV while it was still in development, and offering a sneak peek at the iPhone, both six (6) months prior to their release dates.
"life is like a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

Forum Links
Forum Rules