Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Christian Bale in talks to star in next Steve Jobs biopic

Christian Bale in talks to star in next Steve Jobs biopic
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Oct 15, 2014, 04:05 PM

Actor Christian Bale is in talks to play Apple co-founder Steve Jobs in the upcoming biopic directed by Danny Boyle and written by Aaron Sorkin, sources tell Variety. The movie is based on Walter Isaacson's popular biography, which was released just weeks after Jobs died in 2011 and featured rare, previously-unheard information gleaned through Jobs' cooperation. Bale is best known for movies such as Empire of the Sun, The Dark Knight, and American Psycho.

Leonardo DiCaprio -- the star of movies like Inception and The Wolf of Wall Street -- was recently said to have been considering the role. He passed on it, however, in order to take a break from acting.

The movie is being made under the aegis of Sony, which secured Sorkin for scriptwriting duties before picking up other cast and crew. The script uses an unusual structure consisting of just three scenes, each of which is set backstage before a product launch. The first involves the Mac, the second NeXT, and the final one the iPod.
( Last edited by NewsPoster; Oct 16, 2014 at 05:20 AM. )

mac_in_tosh
Forum Regular
Oct 16, 2014, 11:53 AM

I don't know what to expect from this movie, but I recently saw Isaacson on Colbert's show promoting his latest book where Steve Jobs and Bill Gates share the cover with Alan Turing. It struck me as odd because to me Turing is in a totally different class than those two.

Forum Links
Forum Rules