Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > 1.2 update - how long does it take?

1.2 update - how long does it take?
Mutant
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 21, 2002, 10:43 AM

Hey just this AM I finally got the time to dl and install iPod Update 1.2.

It seemed to go ok; disk image mounted allright, application launched when I clicked, it correctly recognised my iPod needed updating, and did its thing after I entered the admin password.

It next asked that I disconnect and then reconnect the iPod from the host, which I did.

All right. iPod apparently rebooted, and I got the horizontal progress bar which disappeared in perhaps one or two minutes.

Now for the last thirty minutes (exactly as I write this), I've been looking at a message 'Do not disconnect.', with a blinking circle thats got a slash through it.

So how long does this take? Any advise or ideas?

Thanks a lot for any help you might be able to give me.

Take care

M
TiBook (400Mhz, 256MB, 30GB, Airport) / iMac 350 (350Mhz, 384MB, 4B, AIrport) / iMac DV+ (450Mhz, 320MB, 20GB, Airport) / PowerMac 5500/275 (64MB, 20GB) / Mac TV / Mac SE / iPod (5GB) / iPaq 3850 / Sony AIBO (just for fun)

Mutant  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 21, 2002, 11:02 AM

I found the answer on Apples support pages.

I missed it fhe first time around since it had been posted about two weeks ago.

Anyhow, you've got to manually eject the iPod from the host, then the iPod will reboot and you'll be fine.

I was scared for a while there, although a trashed 5GB would indeed by an excellent rationalistion to purchase a new 20GB.

Take care and once again apologies for posting before I'd exhaustively looked.

M
TiBook (400Mhz, 256MB, 30GB, Airport) / iMac 350 (350Mhz, 384MB, 4B, AIrport) / iMac DV+ (450Mhz, 320MB, 20GB, Airport) / PowerMac 5500/275 (64MB, 20GB) / Mac TV / Mac SE / iPod (5GB) / iPaq 3850 / Sony AIBO (just for fun)

Forum Links
Forum Rules