Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Motorola V600 bluetooth & Cingular???

Motorola V600 bluetooth & Cingular???
PJayDubya
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 26, 2004, 12:34 AM

I just got a V600 from Cingular and have done everything imaginable to be able to connect to the internet using my bluetooth connection on my phone - Cingular's folks have walked me thru this process several times to no avail

Username: [email protected]
Password: CINGULAR1
Phone #: *99***1#

Does anyone have experience with this phone or have successfully connected to the internet via Bluetooth??????

This is FRUSTRATING ME. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

Jay

vinster
Senior User
May 26, 2004, 01:09 AM

Originally posted by PJayDubya:
I just got a V600 from Cingular and have done everything imaginable to be able to connect to the internet using my bluetooth connection on my phone - Cingular's folks have walked me thru this process several times to no avail

Username: [email protected]
Phone #: *99***1#

Does anyone have experience with this phone or have successfully connected to the internet via Bluetooth??????

This is FRUSTRATING ME. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

Jay
Hey PJayDubya,

I'm doing this over GSM dial up (9600bps) and GPRS on the O2 network here in the UK.

First, you need these modem scripts and, depending on your provider, a GPRS bearer that allows access to the standard TCP ports (not all networks have this). But with the scripts you'll at least be able to make a GSM data connection.

Let me know if you get it working.

Regards,

PJayDubya  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 26, 2004, 02:25 AM

Thanks for your input.

I have been able to make a connection using the scripts, BUT I am only staying connected for up to 3 minutes. I've turned off "Battery Saver" on the phone but it continues to give me a message that the modem has unexpetdly hung up.

I've used all of the Scripts and this continues to happen.

Account name: [email protected]
Telephone Number: ISP.CINGULAR

These are the settings I am using. I have also turned off the TCP header compression and Send PPP echo packets

I'm stumped. Any suggestions?

J

TheMosco
Mac Elite
May 26, 2004, 10:33 AM

check out howardforum.com its a cell phone forum and i believe there are a couple mac users there.
AXP
ΔΣΦ

vinster
Senior User
May 26, 2004, 05:02 PM

Originally posted by PJayDubya:
Thanks for your input.

I have been able to make a connection using the scripts, BUT I am only staying connected for up to 3 minutes. I've turned off "Battery Saver" on the phone but it continues to give me a message that the modem has unexpetdly hung up.

I've used all of the Scripts and this continues to happen.

Account name: [email protected]
Telephone Number: ISP.CINGULAR

These are the settings I am using. I have also turned off the TCP header compression and Send PPP echo packets

I'm stumped. Any suggestions?

J
Try checking the support non-conforming phones option in Bluetooth preferences and see if that helps.

Let us know the results.
( Last edited by vinster; May 26, 2004 at 05:18 PM. )

PJayDubya  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 28, 2004, 07:23 PM

Tried that and it didn't work. Still having problems.

Guess I'll have to wait until someone gets the scripts right....

Thanks for ya'lls help. If anyone hears anything else, please email me!!

J

mcaswell
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 29, 2004, 12:16 AM

I had this same problem connecting through my V600. I don't have my Bluetooth dongle handy right this second, so I can't detail exactly what fixed it, but in one of the Bluetooth settings areas, there's a checkbox for "better compatibility with older phones" or something like that. Turn this ON, and you won't get booted off after a few minutes.

--Mike

rag on a muffin
Senior User
May 29, 2004, 06:38 PM

Originally posted by mcaswell:
I had this same problem connecting through my V600. I don't have my Bluetooth dongle handy right this second, so I can't detail exactly what fixed it, but in one of the Bluetooth settings areas, there's a checkbox for "better compatibility with older phones" or something like that. Turn this ON, and you won't get booted off after a few minutes.

--Mike
he said this didnt work, the button is for non-conforming phones. i hope this doesnt happen with the v710 im soon going to get.
Superhero Of The Computer Rage
MacBook Pro 2.16 Ghz, PowerBook G4 12" 1 Ghz (DVI) Dell 24" monitor
Porsche 944, Mercedes 240D (running onWaste Vegetable Oil)

flypenfly
Jun 3, 2004, 04:04 PM

Which of the Motorola profiles are you guys using? I can't seem to get mine to dial in right when it worked fine on my Siemens S55

Forum Links
Forum Rules