Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 12" Refurb experiences?

12" Refurb experiences?
galarneau
Senior User
Jul 6, 2004, 12:27 AM

I've been seeing some great prices on 1GHz 12" PowerBooks lately.

Anyone here get one recently? Any problems with it being a refurb?

Also, compared to a 1Ghz 12" iBook, how is the fan noise on the PowerBooks after the 10.3.2 update?

I'd love to get the PowerBook over the iBook, but I really dislike fan noise.

powermacj7
Forum Regular
Jul 6, 2004, 07:53 AM

I actually bought my PB Refurb a few weeks ago, and have no problems nor complaints. There is a small spot on the bottom, like a scratch, other than that I am pleased.

mudzilla
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 6, 2004, 09:45 AM

got my 12" 1Ghz refurb on Friday, 4 days ago.

fantastic machine. I have 1 scratch on it, just on the bottom edge of the keyboard, but thats it. everything else is mint.

your mileage may vary, but I'd recommend it. I'll be buying my next mac this way.

mud
understand your lives are rubbish

jfobart
Forum Regular
Jul 8, 2004, 11:13 PM

I bought my 12" Rev B in late March (33 days before the Rev C was announced actually).. but anyways, I went with a refurb because it was worth the monitary savings to me. Also, if the unit had to go back to Apple and be refurb'ed that means it should be at least bench certified by Apple- so a tech has had their hands on it and reviewed it and considered it up to spec- for a discounted price and has a warranty equal to the original factory warranty!?!? Why wouldn't I save myself the $$!

Forum Links
Forum Rules