Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Canadian SEAL HUNT

Canadian SEAL HUNT (Page 2)
nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 31, 2005, 06:59 PM

Originally posted by dcmacdaddy:

Just like ALL Americans are self-righteous, religion-obsessed, war-mongerers.
i know i am

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

Spliff
Mac Elite
Mar 31, 2005, 06:59 PM

Originally posted by von Wrangell:
Could you perhaps cite a couple of peer reviewed articles since searching pubmed.com for pinnipedia and intelligence gives no results.
I suck with Google. I can never find peer-reviewed articles online because most of those databases are unaccessible without a paid subscription or without being a current university student or prof.

If you look at any of the recently published books about animal behaviour, the bibliography within will have numerous cited articles. And Amazon or a decent library will have dozens of relevant books.

Here's a couple of BBC articles for those interested:

The 'intelligent' side of sheep

Scientists highlight fish 'intelligence'

You're better off starting with Peter Singer's Animal Liberation, 2nd edition. He provides a utilitarian basis for animal "rights." He's less concerned with killing and more concerned about pain and suffering. Anyone who really wants to argue for or against animal rights issues needs to read this book first.

If you're going to make comparisons, the seal hunt is probably more "humane" than a slaughterhouse that processes cows or pigs. Factory-farming, because it deals in volume, causes a lot of suffering. And there are people working to make slaughterhouses more humane. That's a good thing.

Hugi
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 31, 2005, 07:11 PM

Well Spliff, you pointed to articles about the intelligence of sheep and cod, when my question was: Why is sealing more "cruel " and "destructive" than any other type of hunting?

SimpleLife
Mac Elite
Mar 31, 2005, 07:36 PM

What makes an animal intelligent? And what makes a seal more intelligent than a cow, pig or a sheep?
It has been proven that seals have linguistic capabilities of Human 5 years old.

See Louis M. Herman in "Cognition", a periodical dedicated on ... cognition, and available in your local Psychological University Library. (I don't have the exact reference for the articles since they are i storage).

SimpleLife
Mac Elite
Mar 31, 2005, 07:43 PM

Originally posted by roberto blanco:
absolutely wrong. one can live a completely healthy life without eating meat. as a matter of fact, eating too much of it is causing a lot of "cultural" health problems at the moment...

the killing of these seals is pure idiocy, done by morons for morons. sorry, but there is really nothing good to say about this.
Although the topic is in regards of the seal hunt season done mostly for the fur, the Inuit actually have no choice in the matter since whale, seal, and cariboo meat are best for their health than any other food. Several Public Health studies in the area prove without a doubt it is a better dieat anyway for its omega3 content.

SimpleLife
Mac Elite
Mar 31, 2005, 07:44 PM

Originally posted by philm:
Anyone here thirsty? Canadian Club on the rocks?
Post of the thread. That was really funny!

SimpleLife
Mac Elite
Mar 31, 2005, 07:46 PM

Originally posted by Spliff:
Tradition is never a legitimate defense of a cruel or destructive practice. And the market for seal products was virtually non-existent 15 years ago before the seal hunt resumed. The Canadian government spent millions lobbying other nations to purchase seal products. The promotion of seal-based products continues today.

The seal hunt is a welfare or make-work program to placate Maritime Canada after the destruction of the cod stocks. And it is going to be a temporary program because eventually the protesters will win.

There is no pride to be found working in a barbaric, cruel industry. There is only shame.
UNless all these guys become IT network experts for a living...

I mean how will you feed these mouths?

malvolio
Professional Poster
Mar 31, 2005, 07:54 PM

canadians have small penises.
And you know this because... ?
/mal
"I sentence you to be hanged by the neck until you cheer up."
MacBook Pro 15" w/ Mac OS 10.8.2, iPhone 4S & iPad 4th-gen. w/ iOS 6.1.2

BoomStick
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 31, 2005, 08:03 PM

As long as canadinandsans get their government subsidized free pot, the environment is irrelevant.

entrox
Senior User
Mar 31, 2005, 08:04 PM

If nobody comes down here and buys a car in the next hour, I'm gonna club this baby seal. That's right. I'm gonna club this seal to make a better deal. You know I'll do it, to, cause I'm crazy.

Hugi
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 31, 2005, 08:05 PM

Originally posted by entrox:
If nobody comes down here and buys a car in the next hour, I'm gonna club this baby seal. That's right. I'm gonna club this seal to make a better deal. You know I'll do it, to, cause I'm crazy.

hayesk
Mar 31, 2005, 08:18 PM

The seal hunt is a welfare or make-work program to placate Maritime Canada after the destruction of the cod stocks. And it is going to be a temporary program because eventually the protesters will win.
Hey buddy, there wouldn't have been a destruction of the cod stocks if there weren't so many friggin' seals eating them!

Seal hunting is no more "cruel" than any other hunting. If you believe the BS about clubbing baby seals to death or skinning them alive, then do yourself a favour and educate yourself.

von Wrangell
Professional Poster
Mar 31, 2005, 08:27 PM

You're better off starting with Peter Singer's Animal Liberation, 2nd edition. He provides a utilitarian basis for animal "rights." He's less concerned with killing and more concerned about pain and suffering. Anyone who really wants to argue for or against animal rights issues needs to read this book first.
I've read parts of his book and read a few articles of his, but I can't say he's very convincing. I don't believe animals have the same rights as humans to begin with. I believe we should be able to hunt and kill all animals as long as we minimise the suffering and do it without hurting the population of said species. Peter Singer tries to wrap his arguments in what you call being "concerned about pain and suffering". It's BS. But the only thing he has going for himself is that he is a vegetarian and therefor is at least honest and not a hypocrite when it comes to his opinion. Problem for him is that most scientist both in biology and ethics disagree with him. His claims that whales are intelligent are far fetched to say the least.

To those against whom war is made, permission is given (to fight), because they are wronged;- and verily, Allah is most powerful for their aid

von Wrangell
Professional Poster
Mar 31, 2005, 08:31 PM

Originally posted by SimpleLife:
It has been proven that seals have linguistic capabilities of Human 5 years old.

See Louis M. Herman in "Cognition", a periodical dedicated on ... cognition, and available in your local Psychological University Library. (I don't have the exact reference for the articles since they are i storage).
I'll have to take a look at that book but from your link he seems to fail on one of the most basic elements of argumentation. Brain mass vs. body mass, and the complexity of the brain compared to others is non-important and doesn't show anything. I'll find some info to back that up tomorrow.

To those against whom war is made, permission is given (to fight), because they are wronged;- and verily, Allah is most powerful for their aid

SimpleLife
Mac Elite
Mar 31, 2005, 08:50 PM

I'll have to take a look at that book but from your link he seems to fail on one of the most basic elements of argumentation. Brain mass vs. body mass, and the complexity of the brain compared to others is non-important and doesn't show anything. I'll find some info to back that up tomorrow.
Indeed, your criticism is appropriate. I put the link to prove the character Louis M. Herman is real.

"Cognition" is not a book. It is a very specialized scientific periodical (flashy green colour as I recall). The article Herman published on dolphin linguistic capabilities dates. I think, from around 1985 (was it volume 5?), IIRC. The long article (over 60 pages) has an extensive list of references at the end, one of which refers to his own research with California Seal.

Of course, brain mass vs body mass is a very crude comparison; the true sign of intelligence factors are in the cerebral circumvolutions, the folds, of the upper brain, most evident in the mammal brain.

Hope this helps.

James L
Mac Elite
Mar 31, 2005, 08:58 PM

Originally posted by BoomStick:
As long as canadinandsans get their government subsidized free pot, the environment is irrelevant.
How is the view from your glass house?

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 31, 2005, 10:18 PM

Originally posted by Big Mac:
Athens, you're a real asshat; you do realize that, right?

Candian seal clubbing is a deplorable practice, and simply because other animal abuse is countenanced by society does not make the former any more appropriate.
Ya read this post from a bigger asshat

The pups are clubbed to death and often skinned alive. MOSTLY ********

I see the Canadians don't know of high tech fibers that are BETTER than natural ones ********, and that they realize the hunters are too stupid to learn another trade********. But it's all for 'fashion' and the shallow fools who go in for that stuff.********

SOMe one else going to generalize all Canadians im just going to generalize all Americans. Eye for a Eye.
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

SimpleLife
Mac Elite
Mar 31, 2005, 10:33 PM

Originally posted by Athens:
"Eye for a Eye.
...makes the World blind"

Gandhi

Ganesha
Senior User
Mar 31, 2005, 11:33 PM

Originally posted by DBursey:

The vast majority of adults are shot with a high powered rifle
Yup those look like high power rifles to me.

The result

(and these are the less disturbing images)

malvolio
Professional Poster
Mar 31, 2005, 11:43 PM

Originally posted by hayesk:
Hey buddy, there wouldn't have been a destruction of the cod stocks if there weren't so many friggin' seals eating them!
I do hope that wasn't a serious statement.
/mal

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 1, 2005, 12:39 AM

Originally posted by malvolio:
I do hope that wasn't a serious statement.
It is, cod is a major part of there diets.

Spliff
Mac Elite
Apr 1, 2005, 12:58 AM

Peter Singer tries to wrap his arguments in what you call being "concerned about pain and suffering". It's BS. Problem for him is that most scientist both in biology and ethics disagree with him. His claims that whales are intelligent are far fetched to say the least.
Most scientists disagree with him that animals feel pain? Really? How many scientists would deny that dogs, for example, can experience pain and distress? With lobsters and fish, there's still some debate, but not with mammals.

And it's been well-established that some whale species, like killer whales, are intelligent. The type and degree of intelligence is still up for debate and research.

As for Peter Singer's arguments, they've been very influential. Much of the animal rights movement was the result of his book. Much of his argument is sound. And in the 30 years since it's publication there has been an explosion of animal rights philosophy, which has only strengthened the case for animal "rights." The fact that we're even debating the seal kill is a direct result of Animal Liberation.

malvolio
Professional Poster
Apr 1, 2005, 12:58 AM

The amount of cod eaten by seals is insignificant compared to the cod catches from commercial trawlers. It was the cod fishing industry that wiped itself out by overfishing.
/mal

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 1, 2005, 01:08 AM

Originally posted by Ganesha:

The result

gotta get ready for work, butwhats the point of those 2 images? Well neither of them are Canadian, my point you cant tell with pictures where it is. The Russian Seal hunt uses more clubs then guns, and W5 did a story a year ago about images that where supose to be the Canadian Seal hunt with clubs, spikes, babies being killed which ended up being pictures from IceLand and not even Canada. Until any of us decide to go see for ourselves we really dont know and im not going to beleive pictures that in no way tells me where the picture was taking. After all Canadas Great white north looks the same as Alaskas, Russias, IceLand...

Spliff
Mac Elite
Apr 1, 2005, 02:06 AM

In the 90s, the Department of Fisheries' own scientists said that cod were not responsible for the decline in the cod stocks, as the Federal and Newfoundland Provincial governments were claiming. The scientist was reprimanded. Since then, the DoF's scientists have pretty much supported the government's claims.

Here's the article.

Use of the �scientific consensus� of stock status reports
to influence fisheries scientists

An indirect but equally serious effect of bias in Stock Status
Reports has been on the research conducted by fisheries scientists.
One example serves to illustrate this point. In response to
questions asked by a journalist, a DFO research scientist in
Newfoundland was quoted as saying "what happened to the
[East Coast] fish stocks had nothing to do with the environment,
nothing to do with seals. It is simply overfishing"
(Globe
& Mail, 25 August 1995). These comments were consistent
with much of the research that had been conducted and published
in peer-reviewed scientific journals. This includes articles
on the collapse of northern cod (e.g., Hutchings and Myers
1994, 1995; Myers and Cadigan 1995a, 1995b; Hutchings
1996; Myers et al. 1996a, 1996b, 1997a;Walters and Maguire
1996; Walters and Pearse 1996; Sinclair and Murawski 1997;
R.W. Doyle et al., unpublished data) and on other North Atlantic
cod stocks (Myers et al. 1996b; Cook et al. 1997; Sinclair and
Murawski 1997). It also agrees with the conclusions reached at
the March 1995 assessment meetings on southern Gulf cod
(Sinclair et al. 1995). However, as a consequence of this quote,
the DFO scientist in question received an official reprimand
for making statements that were not consistent with the content
of the 1995 Stock Status Report for Newfoundland Groundfish
(DFO 1995a) (memorandum dated 7 September 1995):

"Your comments, as presented by the media, did not give
a balanced perspective on the issue of the status of the cod
stocks and were inconsistent with the June 1995 Newfoundland
Stock Status Report. [We] have cautioned you
regarding statements which do not take into account peerreviewed
scientific information. Your...disregard for both
departmental policy on communication with the media and
the professional opinions of your colleagues warrant the
disciplinary action of a written reprimand. In the future, you
are expected to respect both the system of primary spokespersons
and peer conclusions on matters within your area
of expertise."
By making public statements consistent with scientific publications
(anonymously peer-reviewed) to which he also contributed,
a fisheries scientist was officially reprimanded and
experienced the job insecurity and psychological stress that
accompany such reprimands. Bureaucratic action of this kind
cannot help but have a stifling effect on proper conduct of
science in the organization. Freedom to raise scientific debate
should be integral to the conservation and management of
Canada's natural resources.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 1, 2005, 03:23 AM

In the 90s, the Department of Fisheries' own scientists said that cod were not responsible for the decline in the cod stocks, as the Federal and Newfoundland Provincial governments were claiming. The scientist was reprimanded. Since then, the DoF's scientists have pretty much supported the government's claims.

The distruction of the cod stock was from over fishing but the recovery of the cod stock has been hampered by seals.

roberto blanco
Senior User
Apr 1, 2005, 04:57 AM

Originally posted by malvolio:
And you know this because... ?
...they "erect" giant phallic symbols to compensate for their lack of endowment.

life results from the non-random survival of randomly varying replicators - r. dawkins

Hugi
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 1, 2005, 04:58 AM

The result

These look familiar - aren't they from the infamous forged Greenpiece videos, where members of Greenpeace bludgeoned seals to death to get their "point" through?

Could you please point to the source of the images?

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 1, 2005, 06:32 AM

ya its hard to believe the photos, for one if some hunters where hunting with illegal methods and pups, its not easy to hide with a camera out there to catch secret video and pictures. You would be noticed, second whos going to go out into the Artic alone to do that. It costs money and is outright dangerous. Most of these images and photos I dont trust.

Spliff
Mac Elite
Apr 1, 2005, 07:08 AM

ya its hard to believe the photos, for one if some hunters where hunting with illegal methods and pups, its not easy to hide with a camera out there to catch secret video and pictures. You would be noticed, second whos going to go out into the Artic alone to do that. It costs money and is outright dangerous. Most of these images and photos I dont trust.
I dunno about the veracity of those particular photos, but for the past few weeks, there have been photos in the Canadian newspapers from Reuters and the Associated Press showing sealers bludgeoning seals.

Why do you find it so difficult to believe those photos? Have you seen what happens in a slaughterhouse? Have you ever watched documentary footage of hunters or poachers? Killing animals isn't a pleasant business. It's messy, nasty work. Not everyone is a crack shot and can kill a large mammal instantly with a single bullet.

But I suspect that a large majority of the seals are killed quickly.

The Federal Gov't has received videotaped evidence of many acts of blatant cruelty to seals during the hunt. In quite a few cases, sealers have been prosecuted.

BTW, I don't believe the seal hunt is in the Arctic. It's off the coast of Newfoundland on the ice floes, some distance from the Arctic circle.
( Last edited by Spliff; Apr 1, 2005 at 07:25 AM. )

von Wrangell
Professional Poster
Apr 1, 2005, 07:47 AM

The result

Looks like a very effective kill. See the hole in the seals skull? The spike penetrated the brain in that case and that causes instant death.

von Wrangell
Professional Poster
Apr 1, 2005, 07:58 AM

Most scientists disagree with him that animals feel pain? Really? How many scientists would deny that dogs, for example, can experience pain and distress? With lobsters and fish, there's still some debate, but not with mammals.

And it's been well-established that some whale species, like killer whales, are intelligent. The type and degree of intelligence is still up for debate and research.

As for Peter Singer's arguments, they've been very influential. Much of the animal rights movement was the result of his book. Much of his argument is sound. And in the 30 years since it's publication there has been an explosion of animal rights philosophy, which has only strengthened the case for animal "rights." The fact that we're even debating the seal kill is a direct result of Animal Liberation.
No, they don't disagree with him on that animals feel pain. Most scientist believe that most animals do feel pain. What they disagree with him on is the ethical and scientific conclusions.

I'll post a good article on the subject later today.

Zimphire
Baninated
Apr 1, 2005, 08:00 AM

Canadians = Mass Seal Killers
Americans = Mass People Killers

So very a like, yet so very different.
Seriously get a grip on reality bub.

Zimphire
Baninated
Apr 1, 2005, 08:02 AM

Originally posted by BoomStick:
First Bald Eagles in the news, now this.

Canadians are truly disgusting.
Come on.. I know you just said that to antagonize, but seriously. I know many Canadians that are against this. Most are actually.

roberto blanco
Senior User
Apr 1, 2005, 08:04 AM

Originally posted by SimpleLife:
the Inuit actually have no choice in the matter since whale, seal, and cariboo meat are best for their health than any other food. Several Public Health studies in the area prove without a doubt it is a better dieat anyway for its omega3 content.
interesting fact.

look, i have nothing against people who absolutely are dependent on the meat for their well being or survival.

hunting and "killing" animals can be done in a variety of different ways, and i would personally like to see it done in the most "humane" way possible. (you probably know that most of the animals which die for our consumption aren't)

but clubbing seals for their fur is nothing short of completely retarded.

life results from the non-random survival of randomly varying replicators - r. dawkins

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 1, 2005, 08:04 AM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
Seriously get a grip on reality bub.
When broomstick shuts up I will shut up.

Zimphire
Baninated
Apr 1, 2005, 08:08 AM

When broomstick shuts up I will shut up.
Athens go back and look, you made an ass out of yourself before he did.

He is probably thinking the same thing.

Plz?

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 1, 2005, 08:10 AM

My Bad I was responding to Y3a that time. usally it kilbey or broomstick.

Y3a  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 1, 2005, 12:15 PM

#1 the strong will overrun the weak. happens in nature all the time. We are ALSO part of nature! The mass hunters, like whalers are obsolete, and the practices should be abolished.

The hunters are todays buggy whip manufacturers. OBSOLETE. Just like the eskimos, the american indians, and the muslims. The culture should be changed. More Vegan.

IF we want to have a balanced world, we have to remove about 75 percent of the human population NOW. most should be those who are killing off the animals and fish in the oceans, and those who are burning the rainforests(drug growers etc). The BS about how hydrocarbons are messing up the environment is stupid, because they don't even know/and have never made accurate measurements of the poisons spewing from volcanoes - above and below the seas.

IMHO

brapper
Professional Poster
Apr 1, 2005, 12:50 PM

Originally posted by Y3a:
#1 the strong will overrun the weak. happens in nature all the time. We are ALSO part of nature! The mass hunters, like whalers are obsolete, and the practices should be abolished.

The hunters are todays buggy whip manufacturers. OBSOLETE. Just like the eskimos, the american indians, and the muslims. The culture should be changed. More Vegan.

IF we want to have a balanced world, we have to remove about 75 percent of the human population NOW. most should be those who are killing off the animals and fish in the oceans, and those who are burning the rainforests(drug growers etc). The BS about how hydrocarbons are messing up the environment is stupid, because they don't even know/and have never made accurate measurements of the poisons spewing from volcanoes - above and below the seas.

IMHO
hahahahahahah you're so over the top.
I mean, I'm a vegetarian, I support animal and environmental charities, but really you're too all over the place to be taken seriously.
What you don't get is that we have absolutely ZERO right to tell them to change their culture - not that they can change to a more VEGAN diet anyway. Not the best soil up there.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 1, 2005, 12:53 PM

Originally posted by Y3a:

IMHO
Remove 75% of the human population... see I was right Americans = Mass Murder lol no serious I do agree with you on the issues of American indians, I would also throw in Canadian Natives in that, the cultures of being born again victums need to be changed. Don't really have any problems with eskimos and Muslims thought.

DBursey
Professional Poster
Apr 1, 2005, 05:40 PM

One thing about the seal hunt. It's done in the open, where the gore and the bambie factor collide in full view of the media from the safety of their helicopters. These images stand in for those hidden from sight in our cattle, poultry and other industrial livestock operations.

Two wrongs don't make a right, as you'll no doubt see fit to mention. I should assume that Athens and other more vociferous sealing detractors would, as vegans, need not be exposed to imagery of the supermarket-stocking slaughter which has existed for ages under the collective nose to warrant a similar proclamation of righteous indignation.

In other words, if you don't boycott animal products in general, your condemnation of this hunt rings a little of ignorance or hypocrisy in varying proportion.

Spliff
Mac Elite
Apr 1, 2005, 06:34 PM

No, they don't disagree with him on that animals feel pain. Most scientist believe that most animals do feel pain. What they disagree with him on is the ethical and scientific conclusions.
Well, that's not surprising since Peter Singer is a philosopher, and as such, his ideas are the exact opposite of the mainstream. Scientists generally will be conservative in their thinking about animals because they're trained to be skeptical. Not only that, but Singer's ideas, if put into practice, could jeopardize the careers of many scientists who rely on animal experimentation.

Cutting-edge philosophical theories are always ahead of the curve. General and scientific opinion almost always lags behind, often by decades. You just have to look at the women's rights movements and the civil right's movements. For example, Mary Wollstonecraft's Vindication of the Rights of Women was published in 1792. How long did it take for women to get the vote after that? More than a century. Radical ideas can take a long time time to come to fruition, but they're usually inevitable, as I believe the notion of animals rights will be. It'll probably take a century or more for massive change to occur, but you can already see the momentum that's building.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 1, 2005, 10:43 PM

Originally posted by DBursey:
One thing about the seal hunt. It's done in the open, where the gore and the bambie factor collide in full view of the media from the safety of their helicopters. These images stand in for those hidden from sight in our cattle, poultry and other industrial livestock operations.

Two wrongs don't make a right, as you'll no doubt see fit to mention. I should assume that Athens and other more vociferous sealing detractors would, as vegans, need not be exposed to imagery of the supermarket-stocking slaughter which has existed for ages under the collective nose to warrant a similar proclamation of righteous indignation.

In other words, if you don't boycott animal products in general, your condemnation of this hunt rings a little of ignorance or hypocrisy in varying proportion.
I like my chicken, I like my beef, I like my pork. If your content on sucking on carrots, good for you.

TheBadgerHunter
Mac Elite
Apr 1, 2005, 11:24 PM

This thread is so silly it hurts. Americans like to jump on this simply because they can't stand canada, canadians, and our largely belligerent yet polite attitude.

If they want to hunt seals, fine. If they want to let natives whack seals, fine. Otherwise I think it should be a little bit better regulated.

Zimphire
Baninated
Apr 2, 2005, 08:54 AM

Originally posted by TheBadgerHunter:
This thread is so silly it hurts. Americans like to jump on this simply because they can't stand canada, canadians, and our largely belligerent yet polite attitude.
Really? I don't hate Canada or Canadians as a whole.

As a matter of fact, Most Canadians I have met have been nice.

For that matter, most people I have ever met are nice.

It's just those few rotten apples that ruin it for the rest of us.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 2, 2005, 08:57 AM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
Really? I don't hate Canada or Canadians as a whole.

As a matter of fact, Most Canadians I have met have been nice.

For that matter, most people I have ever met are nice.

It's just those few rotten apples that ruin it for the rest of us.
Yup I know the feeling, ppl like kilbey makes it hard for me to take Americans serious sometimes, but then I remmeber hes just one bad egg in a otherwise good flock.

SimpleLife
Mac Elite
Apr 2, 2005, 09:02 AM

...they "erect" giant phallic symbols to compensate for their lack of endowment.

LOL That was funny as Hell!

Zimphire
Baninated
Apr 2, 2005, 09:23 AM

Yup I know the feeling, ppl like kilbey makes it hard for me to take Americans serious sometimes, but then I remmeber hes just one bad egg in a otherwise good flock.
And being that you and Kilbey are the exact same, but with opposite beliefs...

j/k

DBursey
Professional Poster
Apr 2, 2005, 09:24 AM

I like my chicken, I like my beef, I like my pork. If your content on sucking on carrots, good for you.
Your flippancy serves to further underscore the hypocrisy of your admission IMHO.

My carrots are put down humanely, pulled gently but firmly by the taproot following a gentle summer rain. What's more, your sucking advisory would constitute an absurdly insufficient means of initiating the digestive process, as the chemical action of salivary enzymes on fibrous foodstuffs is rendered far more efficient by means of mechanically vigorous mandibular pulping.

In other words, unless your saliva has the chemical consistency of hydrochloric acid, I'd advise a consistently vigorous chewing of all root vegetables.

Forum Links
Forum Rules