Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Anyone received their MacBook Pro yet?

Anyone received their MacBook Pro yet? (Page 6)
schalliol
Mac Elite
Feb 14, 2006, 06:36 PM

I'm not sure if I'd go to the 2.16 or not, but I sent a message to my Apple Rep and he told me as far as he knew it would mean a new order, which would further delay mine. I sent them a PDF of the email I got and we'll see what they say.

Just like Steve said, these should start shipping in February. Of course 2/28 is the last day of the month this year.
iMac Late '15 5K 27" 4.0 Quad i7 24/512GB SSD OWC ThunderDock 2 Blu-Ray ±RW MBP '14 Retina 15" 2.6 16/1TB iPhone 7+ 128 Jet Black iPad Pro 128 + Cellular

FOR SALE: MP '06 Yosemite 8x3.0 24/240GB SSD RAID 0, 240GB SSD, 1.5TB HDD RAID 0, 1TB HDD, Blu-Ray±RW, Radeon HD 5770

NewMediaDesigner
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 14, 2006, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Troll
I've got an order in for 2 MacBooks - standard configs of the entry level and faster one. Ordered 3 Feb when the website said delivery "February".

Until this afternoon, the shipping date was 28 Feb with delivery on 6 March. Now it says shipping 3 March with delivery on 14 March. Delivery went from 6 days to 11 days? Very disappointing. I think the theory that Apple did this because they wanted to smooth over the delayed delivery times is probably the right one.

sup guys, browsed here for a while but I guess today was a better time than any to join the madness, lol.

Yea I'd have to agree, shipments were gonna be delayed regardless and the upgrade was a way of slushing over it. Kind of like giving the illusion that the reason for the delay is strictly because they decided to be nice and bless us with a better processor.

I just got my e-mail from apple too and it goes with the general concensus. Originally set to ship tomorrow but now pushed to on or before the 28th. We'll see what happens from here. Also I think the order status online changes once you get the e-mail because mine did.

Hachimachi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 14, 2006, 07:06 PM

As I wrote before, I'll be content as long as they arrive before the Pro app universal binaries do.
Logic Pro just shipped, so they better hurry up.

silverbullet
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 14, 2006, 07:34 PM

Noooooooo......
My order shipping date WAS February 24th but now it's been moved to March 8th

Maybe this is just a technical oversight?

I ordered a 1.67/1GB/100GBHDD w/7200 rpm
but it hasn't been changed to 1.83... so..

Rumz
Forum Regular
Feb 14, 2006, 07:53 PM

My question is, what are they shipping THIS week? The message on the phone as well as the press release say that they're "shipping this week", yet people who ordered right as soon as the keynote ended are getting ship dates that are next week or 2 weeks from now. What gives?

Mine hasn't changed yet from the 17th, but I'm not holding my breath.

Rumz
Forum Regular
Feb 14, 2006, 07:54 PM

*double post*
( Last edited by Rumz; Feb 14, 2006 at 08:07 PM. )

aneurysm
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 14, 2006, 08:03 PM

my tracking just updated showing the 2.0 change however the ship dates are still the same.

-aneurysm

this shows better what i tried to say
( Last edited by aneurysm; Feb 14, 2006 at 08:18 PM. )
[FONT=Arial]in an extreme example of the proletarians shouldering the blunders of they're "bush league" boss'- i'm a fed.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Narrow][i realize how crude my grammar can be, no need to point it out; thank you.][/FONT]

krove
Mac Elite
Feb 14, 2006, 08:18 PM

Well, this is perplexing. I ordered on Jan. 10th, had a Feb. 15th ship date through this afternoon. I even called Apple and they verified it. My email says Feb. 15th, but now the order tracker says Feb. 28th?!#@%$

I'm holding out hope that because the order tracker still has the old config (1.83 GHz instead of the upgraded 2.0 GHz) that maybe the shipping will return to tomorrow.

Has anyone else that ordered on the 10th seen this?

How did it come to this? Goodbye PowerPC. | sensory output

freebird
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 14, 2006, 08:39 PM

I ordered on the 10th, at 11:11 Pacfic time. My stock 1.83 had shown a ship date of Feb 15th through lunchtime today. Then the date changed to the 23rd, then the configuration was updated. I called Apple to let them know they didn't have to wait until the 18th to see if I wanted to change things. As I suspected it didn't seem to have any effect. The rep could only give me the 23rd date.

We'll see what happens. A month from now this will be a faded memory.

Rumz
Forum Regular
Feb 14, 2006, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by freebird
I ordered on the 10th, at 11:11 Pacfic time. My stock 1.83 had shown a ship date of Feb 15th through lunchtime today. Then the date changed to the 23rd, then the configuration was updated. I called Apple to let them know they didn't have to wait until the 18th to see if I wanted to change things. As I suspected it didn't seem to have any effect. The rep could only give me the 23rd date.

We'll see what happens. A month from now this will be a faded memory.
A month from now I could possibly still be waiting I ordered on the 10h right after the keynote... but of course, thinking "ooh the 2.16ghz ones are shipping in 1-3 days" I cancelled and re-ordered like a fool. Oh well... buddy at the office ordered a 1.83ghz one when I ordered mine, so he'll at least have his for me to drool over while I wait. Damn my impulsive behavior

NewMediaDesigner
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 14, 2006, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by aneurysm
my tracking just updated showing the 2.0 change however the ship dates are still the same.

-aneurysm

this shows better what i tried to say

at least ur order status shows the upgrade in processors accordingly. Both of mine say 1.67. What's the deal with that?

Rumz
Forum Regular
Feb 14, 2006, 10:13 PM

I noticed OS X 10.4.5 was released today. Wonder if this is also a factor in shipping / manufacturing time, pressing new discs of OS X and packaging them with the MacBooks (haven't checked to see if 10.4.5 fixes the video problem the 256mb vram version of the imac had).

Freeway Fritz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 14, 2006, 10:37 PM

Well, I called Apple to ask them if I would receive a 2.16 GHz upgrade sooner if I upgraded my current original order of a 1.83 or if I should just place a new order. They told me that if I upgraded my current order I would save my place in line and be shipped sooner.

When I asked when the shipping date would be, they said 3-4 weeks. I told them that was the shipping time for a new order as well, so what is the difference. They again said that I would reserve my place in line.

Whatever that means. So, I decided to upgrade to the 2.16 (company is paying, so not a hit to me personally). Shipping is estimated for Mar 15 with delivery of Mar 22.

Odd thing about all this is that the Apple rep said my on-line order status would not reflect the 2.16 upgrade, and that they had to give me an "issue" number that I should use with all correspondence with Apple. My response was, "So the only way I will know if I did receive the 2.16 chip will be when I open the box and start it up". The rep said yes, that is it.

Amazing!
( Last edited by Freeway Fritz; Feb 14, 2006 at 11:01 PM. )

mduell
Posting Junkie
Feb 15, 2006, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Rumz
(haven't checked to see if 10.4.5 fixes the video problem the 256mb vram version of the imac had).
A few people have said it does.

schalliol
Mac Elite
Feb 15, 2006, 01:24 AM

Yeah, they said 2.0's were shipping this week, yet no one seems to have a date before 2/28. If those of us that ordered just after announcement aren't getting the units who are? I suppose they could ship early, but they do say that they're estimated dates.
iMac Late '15 5K 27" 4.0 Quad i7 24/512GB SSD OWC ThunderDock 2 Blu-Ray ±RW MBP '14 Retina 15" 2.6 16/1TB iPhone 7+ 128 Jet Black iPad Pro 128 + Cellular

FOR SALE: MP '06 Yosemite 8x3.0 24/240GB SSD RAID 0, 240GB SSD, 1.5TB HDD RAID 0, 1TB HDD, Blu-Ray±RW, Radeon HD 5770

dndog
Feb 15, 2006, 02:38 AM

Should I be worried at all about the fact that my order has been replaced by another macbook pro 1.67, or should I just assume this is a glitch?

NewMediaDesigner
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 15, 2006, 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by dndog

Should I be worried at all about the fact that my order has been replaced by another macbook pro 1.67, or should I just assume this is a glitch?
let's hope because mine says the same thing. same expected ship date as well....

inkhead
Senior User
Feb 15, 2006, 03:34 AM

What part do you not get about the delay? All orders are delayed except like the first 10 orders. (just so apple can show that "yes" they did ship)

loh
Forum Regular
Feb 15, 2006, 04:06 AM

I just ordered earlier tonight and my shipping date is feb 17th....
PowerMac Dual 867 - 1 GB Ram - Studio Display - 20 GB Ipod

PJJames
Forum Regular
Feb 15, 2006, 04:37 AM

Personally...I think this is crap. Like...of course, a couple months from now this will all blow over and we'll all have our computers but why are you going to go and release something way back in January...say you're shipping in February...set the ship dates for the 15th....release two new processors and then push the dates back to 3-4 weeks. I mean....this is NUTS!!! I'm somewhat of an impatient person...but for something that'll be so great...I can wait...but it's just a major pain in the butt. For alot of us, these computers center our lives for work and if I go an get rid of my powerbook, thinking my Macbook will arrive in a couple days, then only to see some press release saying that I won't be seeing it for another month...it stinks.

Don't get me wrong...I love Apple...I can't really really complain cause I'm sure theyre stressed to get the computers into stores and to people door steps...but come on Steve!!! Let's get these puppies on trucks!!!

cougar337
Feb 15, 2006, 04:37 AM

I just ordered mine early morning 2/14 and I'm showing a ship date of March 15

It's cool that they upgraded all of our orders with the faster processors but 0.17Mhz is not going to make any difference. I would rather have my MBP now with the 1.86Mhz then to be delayed a month for a measly 0.17Mhz

Troll
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 15, 2006, 05:07 AM

Mine's been moved back again.

28/2 delivery 6/3
3/3 delivery 9/3
8/3 delivery 17/3
15/3 delivery 24/3

24 of MARCH! When I ordered, the website said shipping in "February".

What really worries me about this is that more than ever I think these computers have been rushed out of the door. Half way through February, they're changing the configuration! You'll notice that Apple still hasn't published any battery life information. They also haven't updated the performance specs for the new processors. All of which suggests to me that the production versions haven't gone through an awful amount of testing ... if they even exist at this point. I'm tempted to cancel the order completely and wait for Rev B.

This is going to hurt the stock price!
( Last edited by Troll; Feb 15, 2006 at 06:00 AM. )

Dave Hagan
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 15, 2006, 08:00 AM

When do you think the Apple Stores will get them?
Dave Hagan | Apple Certified Technical Coordinator | iMac G5 1.9GHz | PowerBook G4 1.5GHz | Power Mac G4 933 MHz

Eriamjh
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 15, 2006, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Freeway Fritz
...When I asked when the shipping date would be, they said 3-4 weeks. I told them that was the shipping time for a new order as well, so what is the difference. They again said that I would reserve my place in line...
Amazing!
They are technically correct, except that now you are in a new line. You may very well be the first of 10 people to get a 2.16 MBP, but if no 2.16 MBPs ship for 3-4 weeks, then you must wait that amount of time no matter what.

If you were ordering a 1.67, then you would likely get your 2.0 very soon.

Doesn't it suck when you have upgrade-itis?

I'm a bird. I am the 1% (of pets).

tklassnik
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 15, 2006, 08:57 AM

Much as i welcome the speed increases. it is a real hassle delaying the orders. having ordered a day after the announcement, my ship date is now 28th feb est delivery 10th March!! it seems pre-ordering does not bring any significant advantages...they'll probably be in the shops a day later. I hope being in the UK doesn't delay it any further.
Macbook Pro 1.83ghz, 1.5gb RAM
and old Tibook 550mhz, 256 mb RAM

terigox
Forum Regular
Feb 15, 2006, 09:31 AM

I wonder why the apple press release said they were shipping this week and next week... if none of us are getting them that soon... who is?!?!

t_hah
Mac Elite
Feb 15, 2006, 10:23 AM

Different Apple reps says different things... I talked to one as well this morning. He mentioned the Apple was having problems with the previous chips and that is why they decided to uprage to the newer ones. This will take some time and that is why all orders were bumped back another (about) two weeks.

He mentioned that currenlty it looks like 28th is the date for shipping...

Troll
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 15, 2006, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by terigox
I wonder why the apple press release said they were shipping this week and next week... if none of us are getting them that soon... who is?!?!
Apple has given everyone who ordered the 1.83 initially, until Saturday to decide if they want to upgrade to the 2.16. The email says your decision must reach them before Saturday. Sunday is the first day of next week, technically but even if it weren't, I doubt the factory ships on Sundays.

Which leaves two possibilities:

1) The machines they're going to ship this week are new orders not back orders.

2) They will ship a bunch of 2GHz machines on Saturday. I haven't seen anyone report a shipping date of 18 Feb so maybe the press release is fud.

wowway1
Forum Regular
Feb 15, 2006, 10:46 AM

sounds like a load of bull to me. I mean, apple isn't going to build a bunch of machines then change processors. It's not like they can pull the cpus out of the system boards.

Methinks bumping up the speed is a way to cover their tails about the mid-feb ship dates.

schalliol
Mac Elite
Feb 15, 2006, 10:49 AM

Since nearly everyone has ship dates as of 2/28, are we thinking they're really going to ship many thousands of computers on one day? It seems more reasonable to me that they'd do a few hundred each day, or something similar.

Peabo
Senior User
Feb 15, 2006, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by wowway1
sounds like a load of bull to me. I mean, apple isn't going to build a bunch of machines then change processors. It's not like they can pull the cpus out of the system boards.

Methinks bumping up the speed is a way to cover their tails about the mid-feb ship dates.
Actually they can. The Core Duo is an upgradable CPU like the old G3s with ZIF!
LC 16Mhz • LC 475 25Mhz • Centris 650 25Mhz • Performa 6200/75Mhz • G3 266Mhz • Snow iMac DVSE 500Mhz
G4 QS 733Mhz • 17" Powerbook 1.33Ghz • 15" MacBook Pro Core Duo 2.16Ghz • Mac Pro 8-Core 3.0 Ghz

terigox
Forum Regular
Feb 15, 2006, 10:59 AM

They could, but I dont see apple going back and opening boxes, pulling apart laptops, and putting them all back together to be shipped If that was true, expect ship dates ~6/06 lol

schalliol
Mac Elite
Feb 15, 2006, 10:59 AM

Sometimes do they solder to save the space of having a removable socket?

t_hah
Mac Elite
Feb 15, 2006, 11:24 AM

Hm... something is not right here...
http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1536

Also in his note released Wednesday, Wu said that his proprietary checks with industry and channel sources indicate that Intel's microprocessor yields have improved, enabling Apple to ship more high-end Core Duo systems.

"In addition, our checks indicate that MacBook Pros are in stock at key distributors and many Apple stores while others are en route to fulfill pre-orders," Wu wrote. "We continue to believe that Apple's fundamentals remain sound and arguably among the strongest in technology, but negative investor sentiment and its weak technicals may indicate further share price downside."

Absent of technicals, for longer term fundamental investors, Wu says he would take advantage of the pull-back to build and/or add to Apple positions.

schalliol
Mac Elite
Feb 15, 2006, 11:34 AM

Very interesting. We certainly wonder who is getting priority over the folks that ordered right after the introduction of these products.

CincyGamer
Feb 15, 2006, 11:50 AM

I am getting mine shipped this week.. 2/17.. I just ordered yesterday. Its the 2.16 GHZ with the 7200 RPM upgrade. It is suppossed to arrive 2/23. (2 day shippng). It was 1-3 business days shipping and still shows shipping by 2/17.

terigox
Forum Regular
Feb 15, 2006, 11:51 AM

Would they send to retail stores and other merchants before preorders do you think?

slffl
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 15, 2006, 12:04 PM

I ordered yesterday and the rep said 3-4 weeks. It says 3-4 weeks on one of the store pages as well. I just don't think they've updated the time in a certain part of their order system. There is no way it's going to ship this week, especially if you just ordered.
"I'm the commander - see, I don't need to explain - I don't need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being the President. Maybe somebody needs to explain to me why they say something, but I don't feel like I owe anybody an explanation."

- Dictator George W. Bush, Washington Post, 11-19-02

danonamac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 15, 2006, 12:15 PM

My order page still says 2/28 (was 2/15).
But my unit does not show the upgrade yet. And remember, these are "ship by" dates. In my experience, shipping almost always has shipped before this date.... hehe, even from Dell.

danonamac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 15, 2006, 12:22 PM

Ok, order is updated now:
Qty.

Product

Estimated
Shipped By 2/28

Estimated
Delivered By

MBPRO 15/2.0 CTO
Hide Details
2.0GHz Intel Core Duo/256MB
2GB 667 DDR2- 2x1GB SO-DIMMs
100GB Serial ATA Drive@7200rpm
SuperDrive (DVD±RW/CD-RW)
BkLit Keyboard/Mac OS
Airport Extreme Card&BT

zac4mac
Mac Elite
Feb 15, 2006, 12:32 PM

dan -
Ya mine says the same thing. I upgraded yesterday to the 2.16, having ordered the 1.83. Didin't see the e-mail until I got home from work. Status page never changed, except ship date moved out to 2/28. This morning when I got to work, I checked again and saw the upgrade from 1.83 to 2.0, so I talked to Dimitria at the Apple Store and she assured me that all the stuff was in place for me to get the 2.16. Now I just wait and wait. Still showing a ship date of 2/28, but that's already moved twice...

Z

Troll
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 15, 2006, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by CincyGamer
I am getting mine shipped this week.. 2/17.. I just ordered yesterday. Its the 2.16 GHZ with the 7200 RPM upgrade. It is suppossed to arrive 2/23. (2 day shippng). It was 1-3 business days shipping and still shows shipping by 2/17.
That actually makes sense. Because Apple is waiting until Saturday for the rest of us to tell them if we want to upgrade to 2.16GHz it makes sense that the people whose MBPs will be shipped this week are people who ordered after the upgrade announcement.

schalliol
Mac Elite
Feb 15, 2006, 12:56 PM

Well, I just sent a message to my account rep to go ahead and go for the upgrade to the 2.16 after I was moved back to 2/28 (del 3/3). He told me the ship date will be 2-4 weeks, but I'll let you know (as it seems zac will) what the change ultimately shows.

GreenwoodMO
Forum Regular
Feb 15, 2006, 01:32 PM

I upgraded yesterday from the 2.0 to the 2.16 and today I noticed what some of you have also seen. There are two orders one for a 2.0 and one for a 1.83 that says "Replaced with new product" so I called Apple. The rep says he sees my 2.16 upgrade in his system and he said the 2.16 upgrade may never be reflected on the webpage. He said my estimated ship date even with the upgrade to the 2.16 remains 2/28. Who knows?

mduell
Posting Junkie
Feb 15, 2006, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by z0ne81
Actually they can. The Core Duo is an upgradable CPU like the old G3s with ZIF!
Has this been confirmed for the MBP? I've only heard of it for the iMacs.

schalliol
Mac Elite
Feb 15, 2006, 02:05 PM

GreenwoodMO, this is exactly what I see.

dndog
Feb 15, 2006, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by inkhead
What part do you not get about the delay? All orders are delayed except like the first 10 orders. (just so apple can show that "yes" they did ship)
Mabye the fact that I did not mention anything about the delay, but rather the fact that "replaced product" is still a 1.67 macbook pro, while in other orders its been updated to the proper number.

Kadman
Feb 15, 2006, 02:59 PM

If it's true that a new 2.16 order goes out this week, while they wait to hear from those who want to upgrade their current 2.0 orders and send them out later, why not place a new order for a 2.16, see if the shipping date is earlier than your old order, and then cancel the original order?

harrisjamieh
Mac Elite
Feb 15, 2006, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by mduell
Has this been confirmed for the MBP? I've only heard of it for the iMacs.
I know that no one has got the product to proove it, but I see no reason why the MBP would be any different to the iMac. The two systems are the same besides

1) physical HD size - not capacity (and in some cases, HD speed)
2) Radeon vs Mobility Radeon

As far as I can guess, surely the two systems are exactly the same machines, bar these 2 differences.
iMac Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 1.25GB RAM | 160HD, MacBook Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 13.3" | 60HD | 1.0GB RAM

Hachimachi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 15, 2006, 03:25 PM

I put in a brand new order for a 2.16 just after the upgrades were announced, and it had february 17 as the ship date (and that date hasn't changed- it still says february 17). If they're not sending out the pre-order changes until saturday, it makes sense that they would start sending out the newly-ordered 2.16s on friday (feb. 17), but who knows?

Also, when I go to the Apple Order Status online (not just using the widget), I get:

MBPRO 15/2.0 CTO

When I click on 'show details', it shows that it's been upgraded to a 2.16. Does this fact not show up when you guys click on 'show details'?

Forum Links
Forum Rules