Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Reinstalling stand/base on iMac 24" Aluminum

Reinstalling stand/base on iMac 24" Aluminum
Gankdawg
Professional Poster
Jul 23, 2009, 11:33 PM

Sorry for the cross post, but I'm desperate. I bought the VESA mount from Apple and installed it with no problem. Now, a year or so later, I need to reattach the base to take the iMac to a presentation tomorrow but I can't figure out how to get the mount on the iMac to swivel back inwards. To lock it out, you use a supplied plastic card. The directions don't tell you how to reverse it.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 24, 2009, 05:29 AM

Gankdawg  (op)
Professional Poster
Jul 24, 2009, 08:55 AM

Thanks mattyb. It worked but I thought I had already tried that. What did you google? I tried everything thing I could think of but I'm sure frustration got in the way. After a good night of sleep, it took me one try to get the latch to release.

I struggled and struggled last night and even ended up stripping one of the 8 Torx screws. Used a Dremel to try to make the Torx into a flathead but that didn't work so I finally drilled it out. I put some nasty cuts into the stand while trying. Sigh. At least that part is always hidden.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 24, 2009, 09:48 AM

"reinstall stand imac"

Forum Links
Forum Rules