Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Any mirrors of UT2004 v3339 patch?

Any mirrors of UT2004 v3339 patch?
nagromme
Senior User
Dec 13, 2004, 12:24 PM

This is a big 90 MB patch with ECE, and it dies partway through the download every time. That's OK, I can just resume... even on modem, I can get 200MB+ patches that way in a night or two.

Only the site MacGameFile links to (icculus), can't resume failed downloads.

So I need to try mirrors, and find one that will resume or else not give up after an hour. Anyone know of any mirrors?

(If there's a version that doesn't include ALL the ECE stuff--just patches for it--that would be better yet. I already have ECE I just need to update everything.)

TIA
nagromme

Jowy
Forum Regular
Dec 13, 2004, 08:50 PM

Try looking on beyondunreal.com. I think that's where I got the patch from since icculus' site was utterly bogged down when the patch was originally released.

nagromme  (op)
Senior User
Dec 14, 2004, 12:41 AM

Excellent--I've bookmarked BeyondUnreal for future patches: one of their mirrors they use is FactoryUnreal, which has been very reliable (and resumable) when I download maps. (It only gets flaky sometimes if I download more than one FactoryUnreal item at once.)

FU is very modem-friendly. Shame about the initials, though.
nagromme

Forum Links
Forum Rules