Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > iLeopard

iLeopard
cgc
Professional Poster
Jul 13, 2008, 12:51 PM

The other day I downloaded iLeopard which makes Leopard (and I think Tiger) look like iTunes. Very subtle and unifies the OS.

Just thought I'd mention it here in case anyone was interested...

milhouse
Senior User
Jul 13, 2008, 01:46 PM

Looks interesting but I don't get what it does.

My entire OS looks like iTunes to me. I guess I'm missing the changes. Running Leopard 10.5.4
"-Dodge This"

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 13, 2008, 03:42 PM

Looks ok, but goes too far. Replacing all the gel-blue controls is a good idea, but replacing the "streetlight" controls and Mail buttons was unnecessary. No thanks.

MartiNZ
Senior User
Jul 13, 2008, 03:45 PM

I assume this is mainly for the scroll bars. It would be nice if they really unified it all for snow leopard. We have come so close now.

cgc  (op)
Professional Poster
Jul 14, 2008, 08:05 PM

Scrollbars and buttons get modified. Check out the review on MacThemes I really like how it unifies things a little more.

@pplejaxkz
Senior User
Jul 15, 2008, 01:17 AM

I had a bad experience with iLeopard. I installed it before I did a system update and everything got all screwed up. My buttons were in different places and scroll bars didn't change.

However after I did a system update I had the courage to try again and I like it so far. The stop lights are a little different, but they're alright for now. All in all it's a good look to hold me over until or if Shapeshifter comes out.

Jasoco
Mac Elite
Aug 19, 2008, 06:33 PM

I was using that older theme someone created that added iTunes scrollbars until an update when the file got replaced and I forgot to reinstall it. But this one is pretty nice. I like the graphite look with the traffic light buttons that aren't so shiny. And the new buttons and stuff. Plus it keeps my translucent menubar and menus.

Thanks

@pplejaxkz
Senior User
Aug 20, 2008, 12:19 AM

Definitely after using it for a little while, I've grown to love it. It really does unify everything.

mrtew
Professional Poster
Sep 8, 2008, 06:40 AM

I love it a lot but I wish they'd finish the job at least in the graphite selection and get rid of all the bluish greys and make it a nice greyscale gradient everywhere. Please. I can't believe we finally have the technology again to do it! Do it!

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

64stang06
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2008, 09:05 PM

I was wondering if this would ever come out. I love Leopard (now) and I feel the aqua theme is out of pace with the rest of the system. Maybe Snow Leopard will fix this?
MacBook Pro 13" 2.8GHz Core i7/8GB RAM/750GB Hard Drive - Mac OS X 10.7.3

Brien
Professional Poster
Sep 13, 2008, 03:05 AM

I think 10.6 or 10.7 will see the end of Aqua, but probably not. iLeopard looks nice though.

@pplejaxkz
Senior User
Sep 13, 2008, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Brien View Post
I think 10.6 or 10.7 will see the end of Aqua, but probably not. iLeopard looks nice though.
I use to love the Aqua look, but now I am looking forward to the end of it. I'm excited to see what 10.6 brings.

Forum Links
Forum Rules