Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > CD Tray Stuck!

CD Tray Stuck!
GeekBoy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 6, 2001, 08:28 AM

I have a 667 G4. For some reason my cd tray won't open now.
There is no cd in the tray. I've pushed the button on the keyboard and pushed on the tray itself yet nothing happens. I've also rebuilt the desktop and trashed the finder preferences file and it still won't open. Any ideas?

msuper69
Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2001, 08:41 PM

I don't have access to a PowerMac G4 but most Macs have a small hole in the drive where you can stick a paper clip in and force it open.

capone
Forum Regular
Jul 10, 2001, 04:14 PM

Flip down the door and push the button on the drive itself. If this doesnt work then, msuper69 was right, put a paperclip in the hole on the drive. You may have to look for it. And this is with all drives not just Mac CDs.

Does it even have power? Do you hear it working, does the light flash? Check the connections inside.

good luck

Visit MacNETv2, where you can voice all your Mac opinions freely.

Forum Links
Forum Rules