Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Cats == worst pet ever

Cats == worst pet ever (Page 2)
quandarry
Jul 17, 2004, 04:57 PM

Originally posted by fxbezak:
<Rant>
</rant>
i haven't gone over the thread but i would say from your post that the cats aren't the

problem but your girlfriend's mother is.

by the way, good luck with the girlfriend. sounds like this may be a divisive issue because

she will be defensive about her mother...no matter.

Sherwin
Professional Poster
Jul 17, 2004, 05:06 PM

Originally posted by Spliffdaddy:
You can lie to yourself and pretend your cat has never pissed anywhere except the litterbox - but most cat owners know better.
Nope.
Funny how a lot of cats owners here are saying that their cats have never pissed where they shouldn't. You've obviously never "owned" a well trained cat Spliffy.

villalobos
Mac Elite
Jul 24, 2004, 01:34 PM

I'm with fxbezak on this topic. Cats piss. Enough said.

You can lie to yourself and pretend your cat has never pissed anywhere except the litterbox - but most cat owners know better.

I bet you a million dollars that your cat has, indeed, pissed/sprayed near entrances, his 'favorite sleeping spot', perimeter walls, and several other random vertical surfaces such as the sides of chairs or furniture. To deny this fact is to deny the natural instincts of domestic cats - and, to be sure, the entire feline population globally.

Wanna know where your cat has pissed? Borrow a dog for a few minutes. Or just ask me. I have enough experience to predict *where* a cat will piss - even if you don't own one yet.

A million dollars says your cat has pissed outside the litterbox. All I need is a dog, five minutes, and I'll be right.
You can write me that $1,000,000 check dude because you lose. In exchange I'll give you an authentic Most Stupid Post of the Week Award to add to your evergrowing collection.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Jul 24, 2004, 02:07 PM

yay!

you have the only cat on the face of the earth that doesn't piss outside of the litter box.

I don't believe you, but it seems rather important to you.

Sherwin
Professional Poster
Jul 24, 2004, 02:41 PM

you have the only five cats on the face of the earth that don't piss outside of the litter box.
Correctinated.

villalobos
Mac Elite
Jul 24, 2004, 03:09 PM

yay!

you have the only cat on the face of the earth that doesn't piss outside of the litter box.

You obviously know my cats better than I do. I apologize for thinking otherwise. I don't know what happened to me.
Don't write the check. You can keep the award though.

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 24, 2004, 07:59 PM

yay!

my cat doesn't piss outside the litter box either. so their must be two cats on the face of the earth that don't piss outside the litter box. what are the chances that the owners would both be macnn members. wow.

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

villalobos
Mac Elite
Jul 24, 2004, 09:26 PM

Originally posted by nredman:
my cat doesn't piss outside the litter box either. so their must be two cats on the face of the earth that don't piss outside the litter box. what are the chances that the owners would both be macnn members. wow.
I am just quoting your message in the hope repeating it will help some people here understand it. I don't have much faith though.

xenu
Senior User
Jul 25, 2004, 12:56 AM

Our cats do misbehave - we have just discovered that cats don't like the smell of disinfectant - never clean a litter tray with this stuff. Just use hot water and a scrubbing brush.

They also prefer a bit of privacy, and darkness.

Cats huh?
Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion - Steven Weinberg.

malvolio
Professional Poster
Jul 25, 2004, 02:04 AM

Hell, if I were a cat that had to associate with spliffdaddy every freaking day, I'd piss all over his sh*t, too!
I've had 10 cats over the years, and none of them ever pissed outside of the litter box. Of course, I also made sure the litter box was kept reasonably clean.
/mal
"I sentence you to be hanged by the neck until you cheer up."
MacBook Pro 15" w/ Mac OS 10.8.2, iPhone 4S & iPad 4th-gen. w/ iOS 6.1.2

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Jul 25, 2004, 02:04 AM

dreamers. the lot of you.

Forum Links
Forum Rules