Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Macbook Pro; Look customization sites?

Macbook Pro; Look customization sites?
Danoldo
Mar 26, 2006, 08:50 PM

I thought I saw a website a while ago before I recieved my MBP (First mac i've ever owned) that there were sites in which you could buy aesthetic products for your MBP.

My reasoning for this is because I go to a very large university and I do not want any joe schmoe mistaking my computer for something else. Now you all might say "well it should be by your side at all times", which it will be......but I like the fact that I can have piece of mind that my computer will stand out to look like MY computer and there will never be any question to it. Extraordinary situations do happen and luck favors the prepared...

Thank you all for whomever knows of any information......

Dr Reducto
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 26, 2006, 08:54 PM

http://macstyles.com/

^My girlfriend got one for her iBook, and it looks boss. Im thinking about getting one for my MBP, but am unsure how the design will look against the grey aluminum

Danoldo  (op)
Mar 26, 2006, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Dr Reducto
http://macstyles.com/

^My girlfriend got one for her iBook, and it looks boss. Im thinking about getting one for my MBP, but am unsure how the design will look against the grey aluminum
wOrd.

I really like those. But yes, the grey aluminum with the sticker does concern me. You'd think that maybe they could make one a little bit thicker that was magnetized so that you could interchange them easier.

venom600
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 27, 2006, 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by Danoldo
wOrd.

I really like those. But yes, the grey aluminum with the sticker does concern me. You'd think that maybe they could make one a little bit thicker that was magnetized so that you could interchange them easier.
Perhaps, if Aluminum had any magnetic properties to speak of. The MacPad wrist rest cover looks interesting, if only to avoid avoid the corrosion problems that some are having.

cbrfanatic
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 23, 2006, 03:21 AM

i have a lime green color design on my 15" aluminum PB. It looks awsome, couldnt be any happier to be honest. And if you dont like it, peel it off, it leaves very little if any residue on the metal, and you can just wipe it right off with an alcohol wipey. i liked it so much that i ordered one for my GF, and then ordered the inside stticker and ordered additional accents for the inside, very eye pleasing, draws many compliments, and also as a plus, it add tot protection from scratches, especially after dropping 3k on this bad boy!

Forum Links
Forum Rules